PDA

View Full Version : re 12th scale at Barley mow rccc

petera
29-04-2013, 05:43 PM
Hi just a few thoughts, please feel free to comment.

Seems to be that interest in 12th is picking up again and I for one are quite keen for this to continue.
How to keep the 12th sustainable is probably the bigger question and how do we do that without damaging the GT12 class. Without Gt12 I can't see where we are going to get new drivers from so GT12 has to well supported.
The switch to 13.5t motors running in Blinky mode is a no brainer in my opinion, for a couple of reasons. Its pushing the capability of the GT12,s and yet is fast enough in the 12th scale cars, especially with respect to the size of our track. This means we can run the same electrics in either classes making it cheaper and easier to switch.
I've tried running both classes for a while now and the running costs for GT12 are a lot less than 12th, mainly in tyres and bodyshells.
If I only ran my 12th once a month , say on a designated 12th night, whist racing the GT12 on the other nights, that for would for me be good way of keeping my interest in 12th alive while at the same time keeping the costs down.
I'm not saying we shouldn't run 12th every week for those who want too ,but for those who are interested, perhaps concentrating the racing over fewer meetings may be the way forward. to keep both classes healthy.

Anyone care to comment.
Peter