PDA

View Full Version : Racing Sunday 5th May...

blue_pinky
01-05-2013, 10:41 AM
Hi all....

Racing again this Sunday...weather looking dry currently, so who's in?

Last chance for practice before our 2wd regional on the 19th!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

RobPaynter
01-05-2013, 10:43 AM
I will be there.

And I will be racing:thumbsup: Looking forward to it.

blue_pinky
01-05-2013, 11:09 AM
hehe..which class? Offroad bikes? ;)

Mowen208fly
01-05-2013, 11:21 AM
hehe..which class? Offroad bikes? ;)

Lets hope so he wont be getting in the way then:p

RobPaynter
01-05-2013, 12:51 PM
Yeah Yeah, I am always in the way!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good shout that Andy might see what I can come up with Lol!!!!!!

Anyone else!!!!

ryan
01-05-2013, 02:18 PM
Atleast if your out the way Rob, Martin cant knock you of the track :p

Mowen208fly
01-05-2013, 02:49 PM
Atleast if your out the way Rob, Martin cant knock you of the track :p

Very Very true :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Belsten
01-05-2013, 09:29 PM
Probably me :thumbsup: Will most people be running 2wd then ?

mrspeedy
01-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Looking forward to it as always .. Me and wonder kid got a couple of new trucks to play with as well as the usual ballistic buggies :thumbsup:

blue_pinky
01-05-2013, 10:50 PM
Probably me :thumbsup: Will most people be running 2wd then ?

Last couple of races we've had 3 full heats of 2wd's and 2 slightly less full heats of 4wd's...wonder if we might dip to 1 heat of 4wd's, and up to 4 heats of 2wd's this time round after last weekends 4wd regional at Tivvy.

Nugg
02-05-2013, 08:33 AM
Just got my car up and running (thanks for the radio gear Dan) so all being well I'll be there for my first meet, me with my B4.1 and my 6 year old (over enthusiastic basher/budding racer) with his Traxxas Slash SCT.

I took the B4 down my local BMX track for a bit of dusty practice yesterday, well impressed somewhat better than the last buggy I owned and raced over 20 years ago when I was a teenager......Mardave Meteor....cough cough.....

Nugg
02-05-2013, 07:19 PM
One quick question.... unfortunately my BRCA membership has lapsed and my boy has never been a member, is it still ok to turn up and have a go as long as I pay my race day fee???

Danosborne6661
03-05-2013, 10:48 AM
TRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKS :p

I have a short course now :)

blue_pinky
03-05-2013, 11:25 AM
One quick question.... unfortunately my BRCA membership has lapsed and my boy has never been a member, is it still ok to turn up and have a go as long as I pay my race day fee???

Hi,

Right, so for you, you can turn up and pay our race fee's plus rejoin the BRCA on the spot with us. We'll process the membership for you, saving you a massive £2 on the fee's :woot:

Your son, if he's new and never been a BRCA member can race for free at 3 meetings as a try out, then he needs to join the BRCA as well if he likes it and wants to carry on!

Just to confirm...in terms of fee's for you on the day then...it's only you paying this time:

1) Affiliated BRCA membership is £14 for this year through us. That will be required on the spot to race on that day.

2) Membership of WORM, (this is optional) which gives you:

a) Key access to the offroad track for practice any time (as long the onroad track isn't being used for national meetings).

b) Cheaper race fees

That's £25 for this year and runs up until end of December.

Please note, WORM membership DOES NOT give you access to the onroad track. If you want access to that as well, you need to join the MMMRC club in full instead, giving you access to both tracks.

3) Race fee's...£8 for non WORM members, and £5 for members.

We try to race roughly every fortnight all year round, so being a member saves you money nicely if your planning to race regularly.

Nugg
03-05-2013, 10:24 PM
Nice one thanks for that, I'll sort that on the day who do I need to speak to/ask for???

I do have one slight problem my boy smashed his Traxxas Slash into a lamp post this evening and has busted his L/H caster block, one very upset lad and potentially no racing for him on Sunday, I have bodge repaired it with a metal plate, a pin, Araldite and screws but was wondering if anyone has a spare I can buy off of them to get him running properly, either that or does anyone know of a local Traxxas stockist, I know I don't really know any of you but any help would be appreciated please.

lardy37
03-05-2013, 11:42 PM
Wim at action model centre Torquay has various traxxas bits in stock. Might be worth a call and I should be coming up Sunday so if he has them might be able to bring them

Nugg
04-05-2013, 10:12 AM
Thanks for the tip off and offer of help buddy however Tom has just come to the rescue, result...

lardy37
04-05-2013, 10:51 AM
That's ok and as long as its fixed that's the main thing