PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Looking to Join

Tricky Tris
02-05-2013, 12:25 PM
Hi there,

I was told by one of the guys at Apex Models about your track. I can't believe all this time there's been a track right on my doorstep! It looks brilliant! :)

I've just got myself a 1/10th 2WD buggy (DEX210) and am looking to get into some racing. So, being new to racing, I just have a couple questions about the club - If you wouldn't mind answering them?

Is the track open to members on Saturdays for practice?

When could I next pop along to have a look at the club in action?

I'm very eager to try this out, so any help or advice would be really appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Tris

Dudders
02-05-2013, 12:39 PM
Hi

Welcome!

Track only open in race days, Sunday and Thursday :)

Tonight!

Pop down later, bring a charged lipo have a practice run between heats, come racing for real next week :)

Thanks in advance,

Tris[/QUOTE]

grobson1970
02-05-2013, 12:43 PM
Jump in and race its the only way ! .

Tricky Tris
02-05-2013, 12:52 PM
That'd be great! I won't be able to run tonight as I've literally just got the buggy & am awaiting new LiPo's but I'll certainly come along to check the track out & have a chat about membership etc. :)

What time do you run til on a Thursday? I likely won't be able to pop along until about 7.30/8pm.

grobson1970
02-05-2013, 01:24 PM
Gates open at 6.30 racing finishes about 10 - 10.30

so no rush :)

Tricky Tris
02-05-2013, 01:32 PM
Perfect, I'll see you soon!

Thanks guys!

Tricky Tris
02-05-2013, 09:22 PM
I had to work later than I'd hoped, so I'll pop along on Sunday if theres a race! :)

dobber
02-05-2013, 09:46 PM
Yes there will be a race on this Sunday, come down, bring you car and join in. :woot::thumbsup:

keith123
02-05-2013, 10:10 PM
Hi Tris

It's Keith (fluxman) from MSUK, I was lucky enough to try out SHRCCC tonight as a friend let me use his buggy.

Was great fun and I thoroughly enjoyed it. :thumbsup:

Hmmmm..... do I need to add a 1/10th buggy to my collection... :woot:

dobber
03-05-2013, 07:27 AM
Hi Tris

It's Keith (fluxman) from MSUK, I was lucky enough to try out SHRCCC tonight as a friend let me use his buggy.

YES!:lol:

Tricky Tris
07-05-2013, 11:08 AM
Hi Tris

Hi Keith, I think you know the answer to that one already! :lol: Are you joining the club then? Would be good to see a familiar face!

I finally managed to test out the Durango and get to grips with its handling characteristics this weekend, so I shouldn't be quite all over the place once on the track! lol

Is the next meet this Thursday then guys? If so, I will 100% be attending!

:)

Dudders
07-05-2013, 11:21 AM
Yes Tris, gates open at 6.30pm :eh?:

Make yourself known as a newbie.

Tricky Tris
07-05-2013, 02:58 PM
Perfect, thanks! :)

Sorry to ask such stupid questions! lol

I'll assume from now that the meets are always going ahead, unless specified on here.

keith123
10-05-2013, 02:07 PM
Hi Keith, I think you know the answer to that one already! :lol: Are you joining the club then? Would be good to see a familiar face!

I finally managed to test out the Durango and get to grips with its handling characteristics this weekend, so I shouldn't be quite all over the place once on the track! lol

Is the next meet this Thursday then guys? If so, I will 100% be attending!

:)

I'm currently looking into my options for a buggy and what spec to build it to, hmmm decisions decisions.... :confused: