PDA

View Full Version : LRP SXX V2 Kaputt :-(

Lee1972
06-05-2013, 10:08 PM
Bought a brand new LRP SXX V2 a couple of weeks ago and whilst racing in the final two thirds of the way through the race it just ground to a halt, absolutely nothing, no lights on at all, no breaks in the battery wire & the battery is fine as
I checked with another speedo anybody else had a similar problem to this?

Welshy40
07-05-2013, 05:52 AM
Yup. Only issue i had was the sensor wire or a wire needed a resolder. Most common is the sensor wire, they do break easily and also are not easy to lock into the esc either so its one or the other.

Also may be the motor. Do you use speed passion motors as that could also be the problem as the connectors are not the best on these as ive seen on numerous times at events.

Lee1972
07-05-2013, 06:55 AM
Yup. Only issue i had was the sensor wire or a wire needed a resolder. Most common is the sensor wire, they do break easily and also are not easy to lock into the esc either so its one or the other.

Also may be the motor. Do you use speed passion motors as that could also be the problem as the connectors are not the best on these as ive seen on numerous times at events.

No it was a X12, don't think it's the sensor wire as there is no power to the speedo, servo etc.

OneKiwi
07-05-2013, 09:58 AM
Savöx servo might have killed the BEC

Lee1972
07-05-2013, 11:44 AM
Thanks for that I do use a Savox servo, can this be remedied without buying a new servo?

OneKiwi
07-05-2013, 05:21 PM
You can buy an external bec but its the servo problem or really the weak bec in the esc.
If you can get it replaced under warranty get the upgrade bec

LRP know its a problem so they released the upgrade you can purchase but Im not sure how good it is.

Lee1972
07-05-2013, 10:53 PM
Cheers have sent it off to the shop that I bought it from so hopefully it'll be repaired or replaced.