PDA

View Full Version : need some help please.

carl_rcbuggy
02-08-2008, 06:32 PM
hello all just need a little help please i have the brc10 b4 team model not the factory team. There was a man there today with the factory team model and the rear off his car was sitting alot higher than mine it seemed like his shocks was alot taller than mine so we tryed to make mine ride higher but it would not because the shocks was at full travel has anyone else had this problem or is the factory team model shocks taller than the team model? my wish bones are flat with the chassy his wish bones was lower than the chassy. also when i turn my wheels with my hand its turning the motor round but his did not , it just turned the other wheel backwards but not the motor? The gears seemed messed right all i can think off is the diff is to tight but i have had a play with that but still know luck. What else can it be?

thanks carl.

cjm_2008
02-08-2008, 07:05 PM
hello all just need a little help please i have the brc10 b4 team model not the factory team. There was a man there today with the factory team model and the rear off his car was sitting alot higher than mine it seemed like his shocks was alot taller than mine so we tryed to make mine ride higher but it would not because the shocks was at full travel has anyone else had this problem or is the factory team model shocks taller than the team model? my wish bones are flat with the chassy his wish bones was lower than the chassy. also when i turn my wheels with my hand its turning the motor round but his did not , it just turned the other wheel backwards but not the motor? The gears seemed messed right all i can think off is the diff is to tight but i have had a play with that but still know luck. What else can it be?

thanks carl.

my advice is to stop stressing and just drive the thing :thumbsup:

Freakypen
02-08-2008, 07:19 PM
Carl-check that you have no internal limiters in your rear shocks as this would prevent your wishbones from sitting as low when off the ground.Having limiters in would reduce your shocks droop.

As for your other point, if you hold your spur gear and turn your right wheel, your left wheel should rotate the opposite way.This will tell you your diff is working as it should. If a brushless motor for example is installed in a car-it probably wont provide enough resistance to make your diff operate by just turning your wheel. A brushed motor typically will have enough resistance to operate the diff by simply turning either wheel.

Nothin to worry about dude-if you have built it as per the instructions and all is fine-ignore everyone elses car, and as some1 else has already said-just drive it!! Hope this helps

carl_rcbuggy
02-08-2008, 07:31 PM
thank you for your help yes i do have a brushless motor so thats the problem with that. how do i take the limiters out? thanks carl

Freakypen
02-08-2008, 07:39 PM
To take the limiters out Carl-open up your rear shocks-obviously take the cap off and empty the oil out. Then remove the bottom from the shocks-the bit that threads onto the shock shaft. Take the shock shaft out and check you have no limiting washers fitted under the piston.

If you have-take them out.Then rebuild the shocks as normal. If you need even more droop-you can thread the shock ends back on but instead of tightening them all the way up-leave 2 threads showing.This should sort out your problem :thumbsup:

smokes
02-08-2008, 08:23 PM
The arms(front and rear) should be parallel to the ground to give equal up and down travel when the car is loaded. Increase the ground clearance will make the car bouncy as you a compressing the spring further to raise the ride height. As well as increasing the ability to roll over by raising the c.g.

The limiters are there to limit the down travel of the suspension when the unloaded side (inside wheels)of the car in a corner allows to much down travel. the transfer of weight from the unloaded side of the car to the loaded side (outside wheels) may become so great it causes the car to roll over in the corners.

When the car jump the suspension fully extended then compresses on impact so raising the ride height won't improve landings

If the car is bottoming out in the jumps then the spring oil piston combination may be causing the damping to be too soft by the pack the resistance of the oil flowing through the hole in the piston being to low). Usually cured quickly with thicker oil but best cured by changing the piston hole sizes and increasing the shock rebound ( how far the piston decompress after been compressed fully.) changing the piston rather than the oil is better as the spring oil combination may be spot on for the corners and little ruts and bumps, but increasing the rate of the spring or oil viscosity will cause it to bounce over these imperfections. The pack is more to do with the how fast and how much force the pistion moves through the oil. This effect tend to only be noticable at high velocity and and high force. Usually on hard landings. it works by the oil not being able to go through the hole fast enough so in stead of the oil passing through the piston it compresses and become pressurised. due to the presure diffrence between the top and bottom of the piston the pressurised oil at the top of the piston pushes the piston back. (it to do with laminar flow through a pipe and thermodynamics you need to read up on it to understand it fully)

Even though i can't build my shocks properly I think this information is correct.:thumbsup:

Freakypen
02-08-2008, 10:49 PM
:eh?:Ok in short-regardless of piston -shock oil-the std set up on most b4's are no limiters in the rear shocks, and 1 small if any in the front,from my memory thats what we used to run ;)

carl_rcbuggy
03-08-2008, 06:34 PM
all sorted now stupid me put the rear piston in the front shock and the front piston in the rear shock. :woot:.

thanks carl

smokes
03-08-2008, 10:35 PM
Shock shafts you mean that explains it.......