PDA

View Full Version : Happy bunny - needs a new target

rallymaddaz
11-05-2013, 06:07 PM
Well what a great night last night I finally managed to get a fifteen laps in and qualified high up in the b final - but what should be the next target:

1) qualify for the a final
2) try for sixteen laps

Just couldn't keep up with Calum in the final he seemed to have something extra - I think it's just confidence with me now.

Congratulations to Calum who looks to have won the 2wd championship. :thumbsup:

MattK
12-05-2013, 09:07 AM
15 laps that's fantastic! I missed the racing Friday, but will be there this week.

Main target has always got to be the 'a' final.
I am hoping to try and beat lee, as I know I am not quick enough to beat callum yet.

Saying that, that cat of yours is getting faster and faster, the b final is becoming a bit of meeting of regular faces.

:thumbsup:

Lee1972
12-05-2013, 10:36 AM
Darren I reckon that if you can manage 16 laps you'll be in the"A" on a personal note really enjoyed racing on Friday think having only eight in the heats and final made for a lot cleaner racing. Managed for the first time 14 laps in qualifying :thumbsup: but the time only secured me pole in the "C" final; the final was a great race again managing 14 laps to finish first but had young Niall Marshall pushing me hard and had to be a bit defensive to hold him off, but with about three laps to go he made an error to allow me to pull away and take the win.

Just found out that Callum didn't score maximum points Friday these were awarded to Adam Perei so it will be a close battle now for first place between Callum and Adam if Adam can get his car fixed.

Staxman
12-05-2013, 10:49 AM
Well done Daz
I was gutted that I didn't make the C Final...but the car is certainly getting better now after the setup changes that we made.
I should have made 13 laps in the final without the timing issues that we experinced for some reason (cars recording 10 second laps and my last 2 laps not being counted)
I've got a busy weekend next weekend. Ribble friday night and Blackpool on Saturday night

MrSlow
12-05-2013, 12:34 PM
Excellent result Darren. :thumbsup:

Your car was going brilliantly on Friday.

Lee, your final was probably the best race I've seen at Ribble. It was so close with Niall trying to get past you. Really exciting to watch.
Fantastic driving by you both.

Chris, I feel that I may have lost a lap too as I felt I had my best race so far.
Incredibly, I spent most of the time on my wheels. :lol:

Staxman
12-05-2013, 01:21 PM
You did run well in the final
It was weird how the timing only went mental for our final
Perhaps that was my punishment for suggesting an extra final the week before

Chris

Lee1972
12-05-2013, 01:42 PM
Excellent result Darren. :thumbsup:

Your car was going brilliantly on Friday.

Lee, your final was probably the best race I've seen at Ribble. It was so close with Niall trying to get past you. Really exciting to watch.
Fantastic driving by you both.

Chris, I feel that I may have lost a lap too as I felt I had my best race so far.
Incredibly, I spent most of the time on my wheels. :lol:

Thanks Lawrence it was a great race and like yourself spent most of the race on my wheels again from a personal perspective it was good as it's the first time that when I've qualified first I actually finished first as I normally stuff it up :D ther were some timing issues with lap times of 9 seconds in the first two finals.

ericd2477
12-05-2013, 07:19 PM
OOPs I forgot to adjust the lap numbers. I will adjust and re-publish them

MrSlow
12-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Lee, yeah great result winning from pole.

When I get anywhere near the front the nerves take over and I crash.

Also in every final so far, I have been involved in a crash in the first two corners and end up last. :)
I need to sort that bit out somehow.

Chris, the timing was definitely a punishment to you :)

Staxman
12-05-2013, 10:18 PM
Eric

There is no need to change the results
To be honest Eric I think it has missed 2 laps of my time at the end. As my last lap was registered after 220 seconds and I know for a fact that I didn't stop the car then.
I think I ran 13 laps in the final but I guess we will never know

Im looking forward to a better run next Friday
Need to sort out the understeer.

Chris.....

Andy-j.smith6
12-05-2013, 10:26 PM
Really good to see you guys getting better every week, a few more weeks and I can see an A final on the cards.

Do me a favour and make sure you don't get too good ;-)

MattK
13-05-2013, 11:09 AM
Well I am back friday after missing last week!
I am dertermined to get the under steer I so crave.

Worst case I can give laurance a good race :)