PDA

View Full Version : Not the 2wd champion.

Scuderia Ocker
14-05-2013, 03:04 PM
it appears that I am not the 2wd champion. my main rival (adam) was given 103 even though he didn't race in the final as he broke his car, could someone explain why he scored points as I was under the impression that you had to complete a lap to score points.

Thanks

MattK
14-05-2013, 04:45 PM
I dont know the rules about laps, but dont u have to have 7 scored rounds? Which would if Adam does nit complete either of the next two would make u champion.

Personally I think the championship should be determined by taking the biggest difference between this championship and the previous.
Amazingly that would make me champion, unbelievable!!!
:lol:

adprim
14-05-2013, 05:28 PM
I quilified 4th in the A, the only 2wd in the A Final so nobody could finish in front of me, I did all the hard work before the finals, was unlucky me car got smashed up, but still I put it 4th overall

Andy-j.smith6
14-05-2013, 07:03 PM
Agree the hard work was done getting to the A, so probably deserve the points.

However I remember last year, in the last round I had car trouble and was told I had to at least complete a couple of laps in order to get my final points. Managed to keep the car going so there was no further debate.

Probably worth Pete/Eric clarifying the rules.

funkygrump81
14-05-2013, 07:15 PM
Eric awarding the points and updating the league should be clear enough if he didnt think they shud be awarded he wouldnt of done it adam was the top 2wd afterall beating most 4wd even , but it is down too erics discression on how points are awarded

MattK
14-05-2013, 08:12 PM
I have spent a bit of time looking through the ribble website and cannot find any rules for the championships other than the rules from summer series of scoreing for seperate classes.
There is an oople entry about the best 7 to count.

I can understand Callums fustration with this. Glad I am not eric or peter. :p

May I suggest that neither score and give all points to me? :thumbsup:

ericd2477
14-05-2013, 09:17 PM
Hi all, I wanted to check the computer before I commented because I too thought you had to complete a lap to get your points. However there appears to be no logic in the Race Programme that we run that I can see which would do that. It must be the bonus for qualifying better. Sorry Callum. - Eric

Lee1972
14-05-2013, 09:37 PM
Hi all, I wanted to check the computer before I commented because I too thought you had to complete a lap to get your points. However there appears to be no logic in the Race Programme that we run that I can see which would do that. It must be the bonus for qualifying better. Sorry Callum. - Eric

Eric, thanks for clearing that up as I, Callum and others were also under the impression that you had to complete a lap to collect any points.

suggy007
15-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Would not worry about it ime still waiting from 3 years ago
for my first place trophy. There is an empty place in my
trophy cabinet.
sorry pete could not resist

funkygrump81
15-05-2013, 09:26 AM
If it was any other place or final i can see peoples point but as its ribble were classes are mixed , and adam was the only 2wd too qualify in the A final there for couldnt drop any points even if he had run and finished last i dont really see the problem if adam had been running 4wd then it would off been a diff matter or if callum had qualified in A then he would of beat adam by jus finishing thats the whole point of qualifiying in my eyes anyways

Scuderia Ocker
16-05-2013, 06:46 PM
thanks for your opinions, to be honest it would have been a hollow victory if I would have won it like that, cant wait for tomorrow as I'm running the new vega, very excited to see the outcome of my dad and mattk's battle.

callum

MattK
16-05-2013, 08:54 PM
Oooooo replacement vega chassis. Nice :thumbsup:

I hope the old mans ready for a lesson in racing!!!!
:p:p:p:p

Its a good close contest.

MrSlow
18-05-2013, 09:11 AM
After last night's results are we any closer to learning who the 2WD champion is?

If not, I like Matt's idea about awarding it to the most improved driver from the last round. That is mainly as he told me last night I would be in second place :)

Thinking about it, that might just be part of his cunning plan.......

rallymaddaz
18-05-2013, 09:20 AM
I think it all stems back to the etiquette that was established in the 80's - when you are unable to compete in your final (for whatever reason) you had to relinquish you final run therefore promoting the next driver down and so on. This would have meant that Adam could have only scored points for qualifying and not for the final, which in my opinion was the right thing to have done it would have also promoted Calum to the A final as well.

adprim
18-05-2013, 02:05 PM
Saying that, I could of run Wayne or Courtney's 2wd for one lap and still finished in the same place so no different at all,

rallymaddaz
18-05-2013, 02:14 PM
Saying that, I could of run Wayne or Courtney's 2wd for one lap and still finished in the same place so no different at all,

Which would have been the right thing to do or even complete the race with the other car - not having a dig or anything but why should anyone score points for a race they have not taken part in?

MattK
18-05-2013, 04:25 PM
I think there are a couple of points in all this, if ur car is broken and unable to compete before the finals u should advise race control and pull out. This has been generally accepted as the correct way to behave for many years. If ur car breaks in the final, then that is the way it is and score points as normal.
The water was muddied on this because in this case Adam could have used a different car to compete if he wanted to or had too, but decided not too as nobody could challenge him for his points.
For me, u either race or withdraw and not the option which was chosen, but that's just my opinion.
:woot:

rallymaddaz
18-05-2013, 04:28 PM
Well said Matt

rallymaddaz
19-05-2013, 06:18 AM
Glad to see its not just me with the view it was wrong. Nobody is taking anything from Adam, and we all know he is quicker than Calum and the majority of the rest (me included) but winning a championship by not running in a race is just not right.

I must say that although returning to the hobby after a long lay off I still believe Matts position to be the accepted norm! No more handbags please:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Andy-j.smith6
19-05-2013, 10:57 AM
Might be one of those agree to disagree moments;-)

MattK
19-05-2013, 11:23 AM
I disagree with that Andy. :lol::lol::lol:

Andy-j.smith6
19-05-2013, 12:03 PM
Lol!

rallymaddaz
19-05-2013, 12:42 PM
I agree with Matt:woot:

Lee1972
19-05-2013, 02:17 PM
I think a fairer system would be to run a separate 2wd A final that way those that are in it can compete for maximum points as it wouldn't just be purely a case of qualifying highest you'd also have to produce it in the final. In the case of the Friday in question Adam would have had to have raced with another car or settled for 96 points.

singin pete
19-05-2013, 02:23 PM
At Ribble I have run race control for about 15 years and in that time I have told everyone that has asked that you must run your final to score points.

This is as we have now found out to be an "old wife's tale"

So over 15 years we must of had loads of drivers not racing their final and still gaining points, so there must of been some winners and losers over this time.

Just to put a lid on this,

This is the way the software is set up.

As far as I know we can't change it.

We don't want cars on the grid that will damage the carpet or spoil the race for others.

We like racers to let race control know if they aren't racing the final as we like to keep the same numbers in the finals as we had in the heats (Please see the posts from two weeks ago)

If drivers are trying to fix the car for the final but don't manage it that's fine, there can be nothing worse than telling race control they are not racing than fixing the car but have been taken out of the final.

Not sure if any of the above helps but its as I see it.

Working late next week so I will see you the week after.

To end on a positive note a VERY big thank you to all that helped set up and put away the track on Friday, its you lot that makes the club.

Peter

Robby
19-05-2013, 03:07 PM
I agree that my comments should be deleted just for the fun of it! :thumbsup:

MattK
21-05-2013, 06:47 PM
I disagree!
:lol:

Jlc57
21-05-2013, 07:28 PM
This is an interesting one because often if people do not stay for the final hen they are removed, sometimes with the result of less finals. It does mean of course they get no points. Last week (10th May) they were left in and the system allocated the points.
The same situation occured at the regionals on Sunday when they were running late and decided to take out those who went home. We then lost about half an hour because they were all put back in again for the finals listings. Still waiting to see the points allocation for some since in some cases there were 3 drivers who didn't start in one of the finals.
During discussions it became clear that there does not appear to be any standard and it is up to the clubs, whether the qualifiying rounds count and if they don't run a final then they get bottom position. One club did say that they allowed the qualifying poisition to count but if the driver didn't stay to marshall in thefinals then he would lose the points.
I don't think that it really matters but what we need to do as a club is to just be clear about what rules we would use in future.

singin pete
21-05-2013, 08:17 PM
Those racers that we take out after they quailify for the final still score points, its those that we take out before that miss out.

If you quailfy in a final but don't run you are placed last in the race only.

I will try to draft a handout that explains this to all drivers once I get my head around it (this might take a long time)

Peter

Jlc57
22-05-2013, 08:59 AM
Pete, you really do underestimate yourself! I bet you had it done within minutes of writing the last post :thumbsup:

Scuderia Ocker
22-05-2013, 04:49 PM
Those racers that we take out after they quailify for the final still score points, its those that we take out before that miss out.

If you quailfy in a final but don't run you are placed last in the race only.

I will try to draft a handout that explains this to all drivers once I get my head around it (this might take a long time)

Peter

as adam more often than not makes the A and I'm in the B, even if he did drop out he would still score more points than me which may leave racers thinking that there was no need to race, this situation once again brings up the issue of not running 2wds separately.