PDA

View Full Version : Worlds chassis?

traffman
04-08-2008, 04:27 PM
After having this chassis knocking around in my spares box i took it out and was admiring the carbon weave ( yes it was a busy sunday ) and i noticed the bloody things one piece.
After all this time am i right in assuming this is a bx worlds chassis?

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h164/traffman/carbonfibre.jpg

gps3300
04-08-2008, 04:37 PM
Either a worlds chassis or DC Racing have been selling one piece C/F Fibrelyte chassis's for 2 years now. Did it come out of a Yokomo headed packet?

dr_hfuhuhurr
04-08-2008, 05:43 PM
That's not the worlds chassis, must be a one piece chassis for the standard BX.

4times
04-08-2008, 06:02 PM
Yeah, not a worlds spec chassis. The worlds has blue anodized holes built into the front of the chassis for the the steering assembly.

traffman
04-08-2008, 08:05 PM
Hmm i remember seeing the blue bits on the website adi has, the chassis came with the car from racing dwarf , maybe he can shed some light.

There wasnt a header for the chassis as it has had very light use.

traffman
04-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Either a worlds chassis or DC Racing have been selling one piece C/F Fibrelyte chassis's for 2 years now. Did it come out of a Yokomo headed packet?

I think your spot on there , i went onto fibrelytes page an low an behold theres a 1 piece chassis on there.

I didnt look like yokomos material they seem to finish there cf with some sort of resin round the edges probably to stop there cf de laminating.

Any how im going to try it out as it makes a change.

ikey ji
09-08-2008, 05:54 AM
Hi all,
Because there's no big holes in the front of the chassis for blue pivots (steering post), this is not the BX world chassis.
I think this is the fiberlyte chassis made for the original BX and designed by paul bradby. But you must use the specific rear shock tower and longer shock shaft.
Regards