PDA

View Full Version : Alternative Day??

col300
04-08-2008, 07:24 PM
It's been mentioned before, but what are people’s thoughts on racing on an alternative day to Sunday?? (Especially Stu and Roger)

Suggestions: -

Mid-Week Evenings (mon-fri)

Saturday AM (9am ish??) - Could be finished for lunch time still giving a pretty much free day (stop the WAGS moaning too much)

Saturday PM (4-5pm ish) - This would still give a relatively free day time.

Maybe start the club championship and try and squeeze in 4 or 5 rounds (with 3 to count) before the outdoor season ends.

I can provide some trophies if need be and can also work on website too if wanted.

Of course this would all be down to Stu and Roger, but I would be interested to know people’s opinions / thoughts on this. Would it generate anymore interest?? Would racing twice a week be too much??:confused:

bigred5765
04-08-2008, 07:25 PM
saturday after 12 would be great for me

Chrislong
04-08-2008, 07:37 PM
It all depends when people work, want to spend time with family and stuff like that - especially the two Woody's.

If the racing was on Saturday id be there more often.

Friday nights are good for me - would be cheaper/healthier than drinking.

bigred5765
04-08-2008, 07:50 PM
agreed

Bungleaio
04-08-2008, 07:53 PM
My local club races on saturday afternoons, 1st race is about 1pm which is great, gives you time to have a lie in or you have enough time to do get stuff done in the morning. We are packed up around 5. Its also every other week so its not like you are busy every weekend. It also means we have a chance to race at other clubs on sundays too.

col300
04-08-2008, 08:01 PM
It all depends when people work, want to spend time with family and stuff like that - especially the two Woody's.

If the racing was on Saturday id be there more often.

Yeah, maybe a lot of people would be working Saturday mornings. I would prefer a Saturday Afternoon TBH, wouldn't want to give up drinking.

MikePimlott
04-08-2008, 11:03 PM

Drinking is ace. But if were finished before last orders, count me in :thumbsup:.

seriously though, if i raced 2 club days on trot our mawd would moan like fook. so saturdays are a bit tricky.

J_WOODY
05-08-2008, 08:34 AM
i'd defo be up for some mid week racing:thumbsup:, and know a few others that would turn up, i could also do saturdays, so count me in for any meetings:thumbsup:

P_B
05-08-2008, 05:45 PM
Racing twice a week? How about we try to get people racing once a week first?

I obviously can't speak for Roger and Stu, but with regular Sunday meetings as poorly attended as they have been this summer I'd have thought they'd prefer to concentrate on boosting attendance there before committing to putting on any extra meetings.

PaulRotheram
05-08-2008, 05:50 PM
I think they mean besides sunday pete. :)

col300
05-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Racing twice a week? How about we try to get people racing once a week first?

I obviously can't speak for Roger and Stu, but with regular Sunday meetings as poorly attended as they have been this summer I'd have thought they'd prefer to concentrate on boosting attendance there before committing to putting on any extra meetings.

I meant racing at Bury on an alternative day to Sunday, which would undoubtedly mean racing on a Sunday elsewhere for a lot of people, hence the racing twice a week.

P_B
05-08-2008, 10:50 PM
Ah well, wrong end of the stick as usual :D

Good luck with this one...

dan r
07-08-2008, 08:34 PM
i would be up for that if that was to happen :thumbsup: