PDA

View Full Version : Championship Ideas

marshmallow
20-05-2013, 09:54 AM
Just wondering about what people would like to see in a championship. Ie what way of point scoring, do we run it the person with the most points at the end of the championship is the winner or the person who obtains the least amount wins.

Also do people want to have point awarded for fastest lap on the night or pole position etc and how many point are awarded.

How long do you want a championship?

What shall the champion win?

Do we give the top 10 guys at the end of a championship a handicap?

Share your thoughts and ideas so that we can make the best championship for you guys the RACERS! :)

MattK
20-05-2013, 12:04 PM
I know I am not racing at Blackpool (Although in the future I hope too) but I found that when I was racing before you end up collating trophys which is nice for the younger guys but a pain if you live in a shoe box like myself.
A club I used to race at in the midlands used to have a option for members they could buy a wooden shield through the club (10quid I think) and then every championship you just got given the little gold plate bit wich stuck onto the shield with dble sided tape. This gave you one trophy with all your awards on in date order.
I thought this was a fantastic idea and helped reduce costs.
I have meantioned it at the ribble club and will be taking my trophy to the next night I am there (Couple of weeks away unfortunatly)to show as an example.
:)

marshmallow
20-05-2013, 02:17 PM
thats a good idea! we were thinking about having the guy/girl who post the fastest lap on the specific track for the championship on the wall with a image of themselves with there car and the track and there time. Not only is this a little paddock bragging rights but also its just something cool and very low cost.

I used to race at a club where we had one super nice wooden shield and each champion got there own golden mini shield on the main one and the winner for that year got to keep the shield for the next championship and so on. Which was good because still low cost and you had to retain your title to keep the shield as it was so nice :lol:

MattK
21-05-2013, 06:40 PM
Handicaping after the championship is a great idea, but could be difficult to balance as it needs to be fair to allow the winner to retain the championship.
U could have 1 championship round awarded in reverse of the previous championship, so say if there is a maximum 100 points for each round of a 10 round championship, u race 9 rounds with the first round points awarded in reverse of championship finish. So who finished last in the last championship gets 109 points and the current champion gets the least.
Could have a massive boost to an improving youngster.

Let the burning begin :thumbsup:

Scuderia Ocker
22-05-2013, 04:42 PM
to be honest even though its a decent sounding idea, I think it would make things very complicated, I mentioned to my dad a couple of weeks ago about if they ran the heats like f1 qualifying. a cut off point which would determine what final you were in by your fastest lap. almost like practice now only a lot longer, and if you broke your car you wouldn't be under as much pressure to fix it, on the issue of the gift for the top 3 championship drivers maybe you could buy a set of tyres and rims?

MattK
22-05-2013, 06:52 PM
You could do a reedy race format style of championship. Not 100 Percent sure how u would work it but I think basically u would mix all abilities each night so everyone raced everyone else over the course of the championship. Then the points are awarded 1 for winning ur heat down to 8 for loosing (on a basis of 8car heats). So what I would do is have 3 rounds during the evening with the results being awarded as a sum of all rounds so 1st 1st 3rd scores 5, 2nd 2nd 2nd scores 6 and tie breaks settled by most wins. Then the finals are arranged in the usual ftq format on the night and race for pride.

Not sure if the final idea works but start of an idea and a different way to run a championship. In theory it will reward consistency and stop the disadvantage of being put in the wrong heat for ur ability.

Another thought finals on night could be bunched in equal points, e.g. A final would be 3 and 4 pointers and score sales as heats.
Could work, thoughts anyone?:eh?: