PDA

View Full Version : BRCA Mid South 2wd Regional (rd3) at DMS (Sunday 2nd June)

Darren Boyle
22-05-2013, 01:33 PM
BRCA Mid South 2wd Regional 2013 - round 3
DMS Model Car Club - Watford - Sunday 2nd June

Venue
Our venue for a week next Sunday is our usual place - Parmiters Sports Centre, Thomas Parmiter School, High Elms Lane, Watford, Herts, WD25 0JU

Please be aware that the postcode is for the school, the entrance for the Sports Centre is approx 50 yards before this further down the lane.

Times
The Sports Centre will open at 8am as usual (please don't arrive earlier since you will NOT get in and you will only upset the local residents and block the road), and since there are no tents/ez ups/gazebos to erect, a nice lay in bed for you all!!! We are going to run some open practice in slots of 4 minute sessions (then 10 people off, 10 more on etc) followed by 1 round of timed practice in heats also (as per our previous regional events). The open practice will run from 8:20am to 9:20am, 1 round of controlled practice from 9:20am, then drivers briefing at 10:20am, Heat 1 round 1 at 10:30am.

Cost and Booking In
The cost to race for those who are pre-booked is £10, booking in (if spaces available) on the day will be available at the cost of £15. The open classes (4wd buggies, Trucks/SC's and Micros - if enough interest) are all £5 to race pre-booked. All booking in is on the DMS Results website here - www.dmsresults.co.uk (http://www.dmsresults.co.uk/) there is still a few days left to get booked in.

Facilities and Track
The track is an indoor track consisting of 70% carpet and 20% slippery floor and hopefully 10% astro, various man made jumps, bumps and obstacles included.

Pitting space will be ample (please bring your own table and chair) although we will still need to be sensible when setting up tables etc, please do NOT be offended if I or any of our team come up and ask you to move up or closer to others in the morning if you are taking up more space than is really required or are blocking an access way/fire exit, we will be looking to direct people when you arrive in the morning. Limited 240V power outlets (please bring your own extension leads) Any 12 volt batteries, in a leak proof container please..

We have arranged with "Chubbys" to come all the way down from Northants and provide us all with hot and cold food and drinks, they will be on site and ready to go from just after 8am, please support them well to justify the long journey they are making to come and support this meeting. As a result, we will not be allowing any "hot" food purchased from elsewhere to be consumed within the hall, if you choose to go to MacD's or similiar (not sure why you would) then please eat it while you are there also.

Control tires are in force this year and for this event are nominated as Schumacher Yellow Minipins or Ballistic Buggy Minipins on the driven axle. The regional scrutineering box will be in use, please ensure your tires of choice are mounted correctly and is within the maximum permitted width allowed.

Our full DMS trackside spares shop will be present for all your needs, if there is anything you need in particular, then please call or email by close of business Friday and we will bring it along for you and have all pre-orders ready for collection trackside also.

As per BRCA rules, all LIPO batteries being charged MUST be inside a recognised LIPO sack (or similar), anyone found not using one will be asked to leave (you have been warned)...

PT's must be used (no handout transponders will be available on the day) we are still using an RC3 decoder so all AMB PT's, AMB Harrys and MRT's can be used, however AMB Purcys will not count.

Trophies will be awarded for overall TQ and first place in all 2wd finals (BRCA regional class) - there are no trophies for the open classes

Limited spaces still available to pre-book for those who not yet entered.........

Booking In and Club Website - www.dmsresults.co.uk (http://www.dmsresults.co.uk/)

Dudders
22-05-2013, 01:51 PM
Is it too early to be really excited already :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

RogerM
28-05-2013, 09:16 AM
How does grip compare with Silverstone? Never run the RB6 on that sort of surface!

Darren Boyle
28-05-2013, 03:52 PM
How does grip compare with Silverstone? Never run the RB6 on that sort of surface!

Much lower, nowhere near as edgy...

billyboy9002
29-05-2013, 06:07 AM
Hi Darren can you remove me from Sunday please as I have to work
Cheers
Craig Hilton

RogerM
29-05-2013, 08:20 AM
Cheers Darren, start on an outdoor astro setting just a little lower then and see how I go in practice

jlucas
03-06-2013, 02:10 PM
Firstly I would like to say thank you to darren and the dms team for running a clockwork meeting however dms is not a regional standard venue or track in my mind the lap aas to short with most doing 16s laps all race and the top boys in the 15s the hardwood bench at the end of the straight caused 15 plus breakages ok the racing line was 3.5 metres away but it should have been something soft that wouldn't rip the front off a car
The track needs to be fenced cars were ending up on pits every other race could have easily ended in tears.would pitting outside on the field have been possible not only would it be safer but would allow the track to also be much larger. The lack of features was the most disappointing thing slippery floor a raised corner and a small airless table top so much more could have been put in the jump section last year was really good something similar would have gone down very well. Anyway this is purely just my view I'm not saying this to start an argument