PDA

View Full Version : How do you find the Bump Ups?

mattybucks
25-05-2013, 07:55 AM
We've had Bump Up finals for the last couple of weeks, do you like them, and is this something you want to keep?

We're also thinking of starting a club championship, is this something you want?

Boons
25-05-2013, 10:20 AM
I've heard Bump up finals at the club, but I'm not sure what it means?

Karting
25-05-2013, 10:32 AM
I've heard Bump up finals at the club, but I'm not sure what it means?

Basically, if you win say the b final you get 'bumped up' to last of the a final.

Depending on numbers it varies from just the winner to the top 3

weejimmy
25-05-2013, 02:51 PM
Fantastic!!! Any chance of running slightly longer finals too?

Lance
25-05-2013, 03:00 PM
Great idea - especially if you earn the bump-up:woot:
Longer finals - now that is an interesting option - battery and tyre managemnent - F1's got nothing on us;)
Like the idea of a club championship - 8 weeks best 5 of the 8 results?

vrooom
25-05-2013, 07:42 PM
How do you work this bump up for guys with 1 battery? (i run 2 batteries)? B final then straight into A final?

I like the club championship idea.

Chalkie
25-05-2013, 07:56 PM
How do you work this bump up for guys with 1 battery? (i run 2 batteries)? B final then straight into A final?

I like the club championship idea.

Most people should be able to run 15mins on one charge with a 2wd car.

Chalkie
25-05-2013, 08:01 PM
Great idea - especially if you earn the bump-up:woot:
Longer finals - now that is an interesting option - battery and tyre managemnent - F1's got nothing on us;)
Like the idea of a club championship - 8 weeks best 5 of the 8 results?

Regarding a club championship one idea we've kicked around is to use the same track layout for the whole series, say four weeks in a row. This would allow you to see any improvements you've made to the car over the period. What are peoples thoughts on this or do you prefer the variety of tracks that you get now?

tommy turtle
27-05-2013, 03:40 PM
Hello.

I like the bum ups oh I mean bump ups. I also like the idea of longer finals too. And I like the championship idea. And I like you too. A lot. There is a lot of liking from me.

Thanks

Tommy

mfletch79
28-05-2013, 09:55 AM
I think the bump ups work well, and the smile on Harry's face proved it :thumbsup:

A club championship is something that will be good for all, as long as we get a good points systems then it should make it a really enjoyable challenge for those taking part..

Tommy, it's just come to me why you liked them four finger kit Kats so much..:p

Dudders
28-05-2013, 11:39 AM
We've had Bump Up finals for the last couple of weeks, do you like them, and is this something you want to keep?

We're also thinking of starting a club championship, is this something you want?

Guys,

You doing this via BBK?

weejimmy
28-05-2013, 01:38 PM
I think the bump ups work well, and the smile on Harry's face proved it :thumbsup:

A club championship is something that will be good for all, as long as we get a good points systems then it should make it a really enjoyable challenge for those taking part..

Agreed on both counts! :)

I think some kind of handicap system would be good so it's more about how you perform relative to your previous efforts than outright pace. That way it wont necessarily be the usual suspects who clean up... :thumbsup:

Pacman
31-05-2013, 11:51 AM
I think bumps ups are great. Even if you don't win the race and bump up to the next final, at least you get to race with a decent number of competitors in the final whilst having a slightly clearer track for the qualifying rounds.

Club championship: great idea if it gets more people in. I'm not bothered about winning anything, but would be nice to see more faces.