PDA

View Full Version : B44 Outdrives / BJ4we driveshafts

LEGEND
06-08-2008, 10:13 PM
Have just been trying to fit a B44 diff into my BJ4we and my shiny cvd's will not fit into the outdrives. Are they not suppossed to be compatible as they are not wanting to go in. I heard that i need to use NTC3 outdrives to get them to work or to use the ones from Jconcepts, as if not they will i need to buy a new pair of outdrives that will fit?

LEGEND
08-08-2008, 10:27 AM
Any help appreciated.

NSDie
13-08-2008, 05:53 AM
Are you sure it's the B44 outdrive? I am looking at both of them as I speak now. They are both the same in terms of dimension and the bone head socket area.

sparrow.2
13-08-2008, 08:06 AM
Bizarre. They ought to fit.

Have you tried the front cvd's in the back diff to see if they fit? Have you maybe got losi shiny cvd's? The ball on the end of those is massive in comparison.

B44, BJ4 and NTC3 diff outputs are pretty much the same thing, the B44 ones being a little lighter though but same dimensions.

DaHomie
13-08-2008, 11:50 AM
I am currently running this exact setup on my BJ4WE and it fits perfectly.

Regards,
Roy

Have just been trying to fit a B44 diff into my BJ4we and my shiny cvd's will not fit into the outdrives. Are they not suppossed to be compatible as they are not wanting to go in. I heard that i need to use NTC3 outdrives to get them to work or to use the ones from Jconcepts, as if not they will i need to buy a new pair of outdrives that will fit?

tom_chang79
19-08-2008, 08:25 AM
Legend, I'm wondering if you're running a second-hand BJ4WE? I wonder if the outdrives are from a TC3 kit and not an NTC3... I believe the whole gear box is from the NTC3 and not the TC3...

I'm not even sure if the NTC3 outdrives are different then TC3 outdrives...

Hmmm.... if it's a second hand BJ4WE, make sure that those CVDs are from JConcept, the front and rear CVDs are unique to this car, so the length of it is a dead giveaway...

Hope you resolve this issue Legend, and outdrive is an integral part of the car to say the least...