PDA

View Full Version : IMPORTANT BOUGHTON SUMMER SERIES INFO

rcmodelweek
28-05-2013, 06:13 PM
First of all I have had to make a date change to the summer series, entirely my fault, I forgot I am booked up to be at Santa Pod for three days over the weekend of the Round 2 date. Therefore, we are going to try something a little different and hold Round 2 on Saturday 22nd June, yep you read it right, SATURDAY 22nd June. So the revised dates are:
Round 1 2nd June
Round 2 22nd June
Round 3 4th August
Round 4 22nd September

Format will be the same as last year we will be running 2wd and 4wd in accordance with BRCA rules, and a vintage heat. The control tyre will be any Ballistic Buggy tyre, as once again the series will be supported XFactory UK, who will providing the end of series prizes, as they kindly did for last years championship.
Booking in will be done on the day, gates will open at 8am, booking in will be from 8:15-9:15am, with the first heat underway at 9:45. Depending on numbers we will be going for either 3 or 4 rounds of qualifying, with 3 leg finals. Qualifying will be on round by round basis rather than FTQ, which I feel is better as it rewards consistency rather than one hot run.
We have just finished altering turn one, with the straight being slightly longer, no one has driven the track yet, not even me, so no one will have an advantage.

Fingers crossed the weather will be good to us Sunday, see you all trackside.
Any questions etc please contact me.

Barry.

rcmodelweek
28-05-2013, 06:20 PM
Oh, and I forgot to mention, Boughton Bangers will be available :thumbsup:
I'll be prepping the BBQ this week!

Dandare
29-05-2013, 05:16 PM
At least round 2 now won't clash with EofE round 6 (ARC) :thumbsup:

racingdwarf
29-05-2013, 08:34 PM
quick question as I didn't run 4wd last year, are the rules for 4wd ballistic tyres onthe front? as in 2wd it was only the driven axel

rcmodelweek
29-05-2013, 09:36 PM
Ballistic on driven axles mate, rear for 2wd, front and rear for 4wd. I've got a few sets of green compound spikes available, but not many. I've only used greens, but I believe whites might be the way to go if its dry?.....:confused:

SimonW
01-06-2013, 02:05 PM
I need rears :)

racingdwarf
01-06-2013, 06:53 PM
I need rears :)
:rolleyes:

Dufty07
01-06-2013, 07:33 PM
I need rears too, white ones if poss.....:thumbsup: