PDA

View Full Version : Club Marketing

frogger
07-08-2008, 04:04 PM
I am interested in finding ways to promote our club better and I was wondering what you people are doing to market your clubs?

I am reading this and that about clubs not being supported or clubs thinking of closing but I am not seeing much in the magazines or flyers at schools or whatever in my area so what are people doing to get word out?

I'm talking about appealing to the masses here, not the same old faces who's been racing for 20 years (although they are just as important :D)

sparrow.2
07-08-2008, 04:21 PM
You could try running a "demo" race next to a car boot on a sunday somewhere and hand out information to anyone interested with the address of your club and maybe a list of upcoming races.

Might get a couple of people interested and a race is a race after all :)

frogger
07-08-2008, 07:43 PM
We had a tent with a bangers track and an outdoor off road grass track at the Chilterns Hills Rally a few months ago which drew in a huge amount of interest. We've had a few new people show up at the club but we have not been good at recording if it was due to the event or just general interest.

Anyone else do anything? Do people draw in schools and such like? Are there clubs that have loan cars for novices to try? Are there any models shops with backyard tracks (I know DMS has one)? Anyone know if the distributors do any broader marketing? etc.

VintageRacer
09-08-2008, 12:31 PM
I started racing as a result of watching a demo at my school summer fair and pestering my Dad to buy me a car for Christmas.

Too late to get involved with the school fairs now, but might be worth contacting them after Christmas and finding out it they are having one.

Once I had joined, I took part in a demo at the local town carnival.

At these sort of events, it might be worth having an old setup or an inexpensive new setup for people to have a bash with £1 for 3 minutes or something. If it was Spektrum, there shouldn't be any interference issues with the racers. Perhaps a prize for the fastest non-club member? Your LHS might help out with this??

frogger
09-08-2008, 09:49 PM
Must admit I am quite shocked at the lack of responses. :eh?: :o

blitzboy
09-08-2008, 11:04 PM
we hit the local paper and did a display thing about a year ago and this year we ve done it again with the paper and mentioned about the brca motorsport supporters week other than that local word of mouth about the clubs and still going strong :bored::eh?:thats all i can say really