PDA

View Full Version : ae shocks

paulc
20-10-2006, 08:16 PM
hi all i have just bought a b4 ft it came all ready built for the regionals i've had a test run with it tonight before durham on sunday and all the shock oil come out:o is this due to the seals can you get better ones? any advice would be apprecaited

cheers paul

PaulRotheram
20-10-2006, 08:36 PM
Just get some red o rings.. these are the standard ones. Don't bother with the blue MIP ones as they tend to swell up more than the standard ones. Take all the plastic bits out with the shock tool.. if you dont have one you will need one for the rebuild.

Sand all the burrs off the plastic bits if there are any if the shocks have been built poorly.
Insert the first plastic peice seperately from the rest, then put the rest of the components on the shock tool with some shock oil to lube the o-rings. Better yet, use greenslime too.

'Click' the components in place and put the shock shaft in.. use some shock oil or greenslime on the shaft threads so they dont tear the o-rings.

Use shock oil and bleed as per the manual instructions.

jimmy
20-10-2006, 08:44 PM
if all the oil comes out, or even any at all something is seriously wrong. either the seals have been very badly damaged when installed or they arent clipped in properly and have come loose inside the shock body.
Even with worn old seals ive never had my AE shocks leak.

paulc
20-10-2006, 08:46 PM
thanks guys i'll take them apart now and have a look

cheers paul

dallasv8
21-10-2006, 01:12 PM
ive never had my Ae shocks on my T2 or B4 leak, but i was wondering if the tamiya DF03 alloy shocks would fit the B4?or be made to fit.
http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/item.php?product-id=53926

paulc
21-10-2006, 03:15 PM
hi there shocks are fixed now i hope the red o rings were split i've re done all of them with that green slime stuff so we'll see what happens at durham tomorrow fingers crossed

thanks again paul