PDA

View Full Version : New track thoughts

Andy-j.smith6
02-06-2013, 06:48 AM
Hi chaps and chapettes

What did we all think if the new track? I thought it was pretty good.

First week on a new track normally means lots of tweaking, but this one pretty much worked straight out of the box.

I like the first section, up to the small table-top, fast entry and then hard acceleration before second hairpin. Fast kink through the middle is cool, but a little scary, could be a wishbone killer if you get it a little wrong. Last section is probably going to be all about the hump/jump. You need to decide whether to try and jump it and risk flipping the car or go over it slowly which is easy.

MattK
17-06-2013, 08:18 AM
I had my first taste of the track friday just gone and I must say I liked it. Very different from the last track which is good as you want plenty of variation from one track to another. The kink from the table top is great. Also a few places to pass on this track I feel (as long as the person you are passing is compliant).
I have a couple of reservations, one was the last hump/jump there were people driving around this using the mardave section which is a bit against the point of having a buggy and using the jumps. Also I was a little surprised at the height of the table top as I am used to ones which are a little higher up, but does make a great launch pad for the next part of the track (basically wheeling down past the kink, great :thumbsup:).