PDA

View Full Version : Stotfold reserve list

Red-Bull-Racing
08-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Hey guys,

As you probably heard, Simon and Wouter are coming over to old england to win a national :p

Well, just got a call from Paul W that they are 2ond and 3th on reserve list.

So if someone of you guys is not driving the Stotfold national, please call Paul asap.
Would help us alot to book ferry and hotel...

please spread the news around

kind regards

igor

super__dan
08-08-2008, 07:16 PM
Hope you do both get a place and see you there, are they doing both classes?

Red-Bull-Racing
08-08-2008, 09:02 PM
Simon drives both, Wouter doesn't know how to handle a 4wd...yet :D:D:D

MattADH
08-08-2008, 09:19 PM
I hope that you get the opportunity to race at one of our nationals as of course a number of us have enjoyed the Belgian GP.

Lets hope that the weather is kind for us all.

Please contact me should you wish to take up the offer of testing at EPR on your way to Stotfold.

Matt

OldTimer
08-08-2008, 09:46 PM
It will be good to see you guys again, can you drag Elvo across with you ;)

Also if its dry there is similar crazy grip like Kampenhout :woot:

Red-Bull-Racing
09-08-2008, 05:54 AM
@Matt
We drive on fridaymorning when wether is fine. My son told me about you both met at the EC. We'll contact y when we have the entry. Would be fun to meet at EPR in the afternoon. Can we stay overnight somewhere?

@Oldtimer
There is a Belgian-dutch national same weekend as Stotfold....Bruno was hesitating to come with us ...but has the chance now to win a national and claim a 2und place overall:drool::drool::drool:....
See Elvo next week; I'll try again to take him with us. Would be fun to be on the road with the four of us!

igor

MattADH
09-08-2008, 07:53 AM
@Matt
We drive on fridaymorning when wether is fine. My son told me about you both met at the EC. We'll contact y when we have the entry. Would be fun to meet at EPR in the afternoon. Can we stay overnight somewhere?

I will be at work on Friday and then going across to Stotfold in the evening but the sports ground where the EPR track is located will be open from the morning until late at night. Are you needing somewhere to park the camper up on the Thursday night or Friday night or are you looking for a hotel, etc?

Stotfold is about one and a half hours from EPR. I know that space for caravans at Stotfold is limited but if you post your plan and intentions on this site, I am sure that people here will be able to help you out.

Chrislong
09-08-2008, 12:10 PM
Hi Igor, I hope Simon and Wouter do get an entry. But you should still come over anyway, especially if the weather forecast isn't wet, there is ofcause the chance of somebody not turning up without giving any notice.

flipside
10-08-2008, 06:41 PM
Hi all,

Can you guys give us some info on what tyres to use when it's dry/wet? So we don't buy compounds that are never used (the tyres are useless to us afterwards). Maybe also inserts, would a losi firm be ok (maybe cut in width a bit) or do you need something special?

I guess batteries are about the same rules as the euros? And motors? We're driving a CS brushless motor with a sintered rotor.

What are the rules about practise before the race weekend? As I see you only get 2x2 mins of practise on the race day :-)

Thanks,

wouter

flipside
10-08-2008, 06:53 PM
Oh and a B4 setup would be cool too :-)

sparrow.2
10-08-2008, 06:58 PM

For a B4 using Losi shocks? Never! :p

Don't forget the motor cleaner for the wasps ;)

greetings from Germany

KevLee
10-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Hi all,

Can you guys give us some info on what tyres to use when it's dry/wet? So we don't buy compounds that are never used (the tyres are useless to us afterwards). Maybe also inserts, would a losi firm be ok (maybe cut in width a bit) or do you need something special?

I guess batteries are about the same rules as the euros? And motors? We're driving a CS brushless motor with a sintered rotor.

What are the rules about practise before the race weekend? As I see you only get 2x2 mins of practise on the race day :-)

Thanks,

wouter

Hi Wouter,

For tyres its yellow schumacher mini spikes in the dry and Green in the wet. In 2wd you may want staggers in the dry if you have too much grip. For inserts i use the Edit purples everywhere, you just need something fairly soft to help it through the bumps. I'me sure there will be some for sale at the track.

The list of approved cells motors etc should be the same/similar to the Efra list. Have a look on http://www.brca.org/

The last club meeting is this wednesday evening as the track has to be closed for 1 week prior to the event. Unfortunatley 2 x 3 minutes is the only practice you will get. There are a lot of drivers coming here that will only have raced once before so you won't be the only ones to have to learn quick.

Hope you make it throught the reserve list!

KevLee
10-08-2008, 07:00 PM

Get and X6 conversion on it :thumbsup:

Darren Boyle
10-08-2008, 07:01 PM
Could not agree more Kev ;)

niggs98
10-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Could not agree more Kev ;)

aparently you can pick them from the trees there if you know where to look :woot:

freud
10-08-2008, 07:44 PM
Hey guys,

As you probably heard, Simon and Wouter are coming over to old england to win a national :p

Well, just got a call from Paul W that they are 2ond and 3th on reserve list.

So if someone of you guys is not driving the Stotfold national, please call Paul asap.
Would help us alot to book ferry and hotel...

please spread the news around

kind regards

igor

:woot: ''Mmm'' :woot: Drive in England:wub I am very interested :drool: :drool:

KevLee
10-08-2008, 07:45 PM
aparently you can pick them from the trees there if you know where to look :woot:

Sounds like i missed something worth seeing?

bigred5765
10-08-2008, 07:46 PM
has anyone got any local hotel info?

Darren Boyle
10-08-2008, 07:52 PM
Our next batch of X6's should be ripe for picking in the next few days Niggs, with new aero dynamically symetric shaped wings as standard.

Kev, pay attention lad, the end of a very important B final can give some amusing entertainment if you look in the right places........

KevLee
10-08-2008, 07:52 PM
has anyone got any local hotel info?

Hi Carl,

I just saw your post in the other section, so i'll post this in both. i meant to give you a handout at southport but i forgot.. sorry

KevLee
10-08-2008, 07:56 PM
Our next batch of X6's should be ripe for picking in the next few days Niggs, with new aero dynamically symetric shaped wings as standard.

Kev, pay attention lad, the end of a very important B final can give some amusing entertainment if you look in the right places........

I assume you didn't manage to get it in our new septic tank? that may put a few people off ramping the wall now :D

flipside
10-08-2008, 08:00 PM
Thanks for the quick replies :-)

In the front (2wd), do you use slim mini spikes glued on a wide wheel, or the normal mini spikes?

When do you use the ballistics then? Or is it just not that great on this track?

Get and X6 conversion on it :thumbsup:

X-what? Hu? I went from fireblade to XXX to B4, don't want to break that positive curve :D

niggs98
10-08-2008, 08:06 PM
I assume you didn't manage to get it in our new septic tank? that may put a few people off ramping the wall now :D
certainly wasnt through lack of trying by looks of where it ended up.

darren was that wing an espeed one and will it come in yellow as well :woot:

KevLee
10-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Thanks for the quick replies :-)

In the front (2wd), do you use slim mini spikes glued on a wide wheel, or the normal mini spikes?

When do you use the ballistics then? Or is it just not that great on this track?

X-what? Hu? I went from fireblade to XXX to B4, don't want to break that positive curve :D

slim minispikes on 2wd glued on the normal b4 wide wheel.

Ballistics just don't work as well on this astro as schueys. They will work ok but given the choice just stick with schumachers.

ben
10-08-2008, 08:13 PM

Is that a challenge? haha:eh?::o. Ill bring a hairdryer to dry my electrics off haha. Well thats if i can find the car :lol:

niggs98
10-08-2008, 08:17 PM
if i can find the car :lol:
im sure there will be a willing que of volenters to help push u in to have a better look :thumbsup:

Lee
10-08-2008, 08:19 PM
Can you please push him in on the sunday because i have to share a tent with him :D

niggs98
10-08-2008, 08:22 PM
Can you please push him in on the sunday because i have to share a tent with him :D

i can help u push him in when ever you want..... all in the name of team help etc :woot:

MattW
10-08-2008, 10:40 PM
Wouter, CS motor could be an issue for you - as we have an aproaved motor list in UK, and these have never been imported into UK, and hence not on our list.

flipside
11-08-2008, 07:42 AM
Thanks matt, you're right: http://www.brca.org/BRCA/elecboard/news/Brushless%20motors%20(Modified).pdf
Same problem for simon as he just sold all his brushed motors and bought CS brushless...

Guess I will be using my brushed motor again then :-) Might be a problem too, as it's a corally can more than 5 years old, in which I just replaced the rotor every now and then. But these rotors are also quite old :-)

Damn, cells are a problem too! Me and simon both have nosram cells, which are also not on the list (altough exactly the same as the lrp equivalents).

Haha we might need some help when we get there!

niggs98
11-08-2008, 08:21 AM
cells wont be a problem as i use the nosram equivalent of what is on the list as well, so do all the nosram drivers. might be worth emailing paul worsley about your motors to see what you can and cant run.

Chris Doughty
11-08-2008, 09:13 AM
with regard the cells, I believe that the 'cell' is the thing that is homologated, and the LRP or NOSRAM versions are just the 'matchers' that match them, they both match VTEC cells

hope that makes sense...

but like they said, email Paul Worsley to clarify important technical things like this

janus_77
11-08-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks matt, you're right: http://www.brca.org/BRCA/elecboard/news/Brushless%20motors%20(Modified).pdf
Same problem for simon as he just sold all his brushed motors and bought CS brushless...

Guess I will be using my brushed motor again then :-) Might be a problem too, as it's a corally can more than 5 years old, in which I just replaced the rotor every now and then. But these rotors are also quite old :-)

Damn cells are a problem too! Me and simon both have nosram cells, which are also not on the list (altough exactly the same as the lrp equivalents).

Haha we might need some help when we get there!

I have novak brushless motor's you could loan ( or the magnet zapper :wub, if you're using brushed)

bigred5765
11-08-2008, 10:04 AM
Hi Carl,

I just saw your post in the other section, so i'll post this in both. i meant to give you a handout at southport but i forgot.. sorry

thanks kev,

MattW
11-08-2008, 11:22 AM
Wouter, from memory without looking, all the corally brushed stuff is fine. The others have said about cells - again ok, it's the VTEC cell that is listed and submitted. Matcher not important.

Darren Boyle
11-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Kev, oh that septic tank!!! Didnt know it was there until after I hit the ramp mate. Lucky I missed, Niggs spotted the car hangin about 6 foot up in the tree behind it!!! There was a lot of frustration put into that ramp launch you know, terrible day for me.......LOL

Nathan, the E-speed yellow version of the aero wing is still in a proto-type stage, it will be available to all willing septic tank jumpers free of charge upon request!!!

bigred5765
11-08-2008, 01:47 PM
ok were in 4wd any way still 1st reserver 2wd, and just found a ace hotel 10-12mins away 28 a night only double rooms though so mattys looking for a bunk mate,lol

Doomanic
11-08-2008, 03:49 PM
28 per night!:o Where's that?

_sleigh_
11-08-2008, 03:50 PM
We're in the Holiday Inn Express about 15mins down the road in Stevenage.. 35/night (inc Breakfast)

bigred5765
11-08-2008, 04:10 PM
ibis hotel 28 inc buffet style breaky,

Red-Bull-Racing
11-08-2008, 04:14 PM
ok,
just had a call from Paul

nosram cells are ok!
CS should be ok. He will open a motor at the race just to be shure...
nothing to worry about

but still on the waiting list....

Simon, igor en Wouter

footey
11-08-2008, 04:15 PM
is that 28 per room or per person

flipside
11-08-2008, 06:32 PM
ok,
just had a call from Paul

nosram cells are ok!
CS should be ok. He will open a motor at the race just to be shure...
nothing to worry about

but still on the waiting list....

Simon, igor en Wouter

Ha da's goei nieuws :-) Laat maar open vijzen, die motor is niks anders dan GM en Orion voor zover ik weet.

Ik heb hier nog 2 sets mini spikes gevonden, misschien eens gaan rijden op mbv met die banden, aangezien ze zeggen dat Stotfold heel vergelijkbaar is.

Bye! :D

bigred5765
11-08-2008, 06:37 PM
28 per double room

niggs98
11-08-2008, 06:40 PM
Ha da's goei nieuws :-) Laat maar open vijzen, die motor is niks anders dan GM en Orion voor zover ik weet.

Ik heb hier nog 2 sets mini spikes gevonden, misschien eens gaan rijden op mbv met die banden, aangezien ze zeggen dat Stotfold heel vergelijkbaar is.

Bye! :D

2 sets should be enough for each class, if not there will be shops on site with ample suplies of the correct tyres for you and is they run out there will be people there who will always help you out

Red-Bull-Racing
14-08-2008, 04:35 PM
yeppiejahoe, we 're inn for 4wd :drool:
Simon first on reserve list 2wd, Wouter 2nd....
2 more brittish 'as...h...les' to go! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

igor

flipside
17-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Hi all,

Some more questions! Is power available at the track, or should we have car battery or power generator (can be a problem since we have to travel with 3 persons in one car including all our gear)?

Transponders, do we need a PT or are there handouts available? (don't have a PT, if anyone sells one at the national, I'm interested :-)

Thanks,

wouter

niggs98
18-08-2008, 08:57 AM
there are handouts at the meeting so you will be fine there.

there is no power source other than what people bring them selves so bring a generator to kepp yourselfs going. im not sure if shops hold the pt,s as a stock item so perhaps thay can comment on that

janus_77
18-08-2008, 06:34 PM
Transponders, do we need a PT or are there handouts available? (don't have a PT, if anyone sells one at the national, I'm interested :-)

Isn't it about time you lot got PT's regardless if you need one in the UK ?? :eh?:

flipside
18-08-2008, 07:15 PM
yeah yeah eventually I will get one!
let me know when you place a new order from losipartshouse :)