PDA

View Full Version : 4WD stagger rib fronts?

HOTSHOT III
10-06-2013, 08:20 AM
Just realised I have some 2wd yellow staggers in the tyres box, no idea how they got there:eh?:

Would these be any good on the front of the ZX5?

AmiSMB
10-06-2013, 08:45 AM
They are very good on the front if you find that you are getting so much grip that you end up getting grip roll from the front tyres. This usually shows when you have cut off many rows off the rears and then start having a loose rear end but the car still ends up grip rolling on certain corners. Contrary to some peoples belief this is actually legal to run these tyres according to BRCA rules as it states that in both 2wd and 4wd the rear tyres should be schumacher spikes but you are free to run what you like on the front.

HOTSHOT III
10-06-2013, 07:19 PM
Thanks, BTW on 4wd wheels should they be mounted so that the inner (tyre mounting) groove of the wheel is exposed?

Crazy L
10-06-2013, 09:01 PM
Thanks, BTW on 4wd wheels should they be mounted so that the inner (tyre mounting) groove of the wheel is exposed?

I stretch mine over the whole width, just need a firm insert as the middle "sags" inward. On the plus side also, they don't look so heath robinson,

AmiSMB
11-06-2013, 08:32 PM
I would only stretch the wide staggered rib tyres over the whole 4wd rim. When using the old style low profile stagger I cut off the inner part of the rim up to the next flange and then mount them. In fact you have to do this with most 2wd front rims as well.