PDA

View Full Version : BRCCC championship opening night review!

marshmallow
15-06-2013, 10:04 PM
just thought I would ask the drivers what they thought of the opening round?

Thoughts,opions,ideas,rules etc all opinions and ideas are welcomed as we aim to improve the club for you guys the DRIVERS! :-D

marshmallow
16-06-2013, 12:51 PM
Personally I thought the night was very entertaining to race and to watch with both finals providing plenty of action and overtaking!

I want to put somthing out there though to see what everone else thinks?

1) half way though the championship changing the track design? So we have 6 weeks of the current design then 6 weeks of a new one.

2) setting up a sub championship for under 16's. Just to make it a little more competertive for them?

Any thoughts please share?

:-D

Lee1972
16-06-2013, 03:21 PM
Callum enjoyed it and even returned my car in one piece :thumbsup: his only gripe was that there were at least one person persistently track cutting but I believe you've got that in hand.

MrSlow
17-06-2013, 11:57 AM
It was good to get racing again after two weeks away. Unfortunately I seem to have forgotten how to drive.
Luckily my car survived the unfortunate "car on the ...." BANG!!! incident, with only a flesh wound.

"Both finals" Niall? I'm sure there were 3. :)

Darren had some great ideas about the track. We should definitely move things around. I think in 2-3 weeks time, after we've made a new feature :)

If there's going to be an under 16's class, can there be an "over 40's with beards" class too?

Lee, the track cutting culprit has received some very stern words. It's not something I had ever considered would be a problem. Sportsmanship is very important to me.

We need to work out as a club how to deal with it in the future and also how it affects any championship points earned.

Lee1972
17-06-2013, 01:28 PM
Lawrence that's good to hear that the person has been spoken to and you're absolutely correct that in the abscence of a race referee or video playback you are relying on the sporting integrity of others. We all crash and get flipped over to the opposite side but you just expect people to wait and take a time penalty as you would do or if someone is in front of you let them get back in front. For persistent offenders you can only take laps off them as a punishment or if its a final then points but hopefully it should never come to that.

rallymaddaz
17-06-2013, 07:32 PM
I really am enjoying it so just a few points from me:

• I don't like cheating of any form so glad to hear the track cutter has been tackled - the way we solved this in the past was to pick them off the track and put the car upside down whilst the person learns that cheating doesn't work.

• The track would benefit from a few changes to make it flow better plus we should all be able to adapt to different tracks regularly changed 2/3 weeks sounds good.

• Learn from the mistake Ribble made and publish your championship rules and scoring system

Can't wait for another go!!

Lee1972
17-06-2013, 09:23 PM
I really am enjoying it so just a few points from me:

• I don't like cheating of any form so glad to hear the track cutter has been tackled - the way we solved this in the past was to pick them off the track and put the car upside down whilst the person learns that cheating doesn't work.

• The track would benefit from a few changes to make it flow better plus we should all be able to adapt to different tracks regularly changed 2/3 weeks sounds good.

• Learn from the mistake Ribble made and publish your championship rules and scoring system

Can't wait for another go!!

And please continue to segregate 2wd and 4wd :thumbsup:

Alex1983
18-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Alright guys,

Ive been loving racing at Blackpool now since the reopening, so the championship is the icing on the cake for me.

When/where will the results be posted?

See you guys tonight or on Sat :-)

Staxman
23-06-2013, 02:21 PM
Hello there chaps
It was the first time out with the 4wd on the opening round of the championship and for the first time in my life I can actually say I finished 3rd in the A Final :thumbsup:

Im glad the track cutter was sorted, it just spoils it for everyone else.
Once is an accident, but any more is just not on, unless you self penalise.

Track changes sound like a good plan.

Lee1972
24-06-2013, 09:25 AM
Although I haven't personally raced there yet, it will happen before Christmas :D think changing the track mid way and an U16 championship sounds a good idea.

Stoney2013
16-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Hi there lads

I have recently moved to Blackpool to pass abit of time i have
bought a cupple of nitro R/C cars one been a buggy the other one
a 4 wheel drive 1/8 subaru they are not top of the range or anything
like that but are clean and well looked after....
Basicly all i am asking is what days do you guys open to practice and
what do i need to bring along to drive ??

Regards Tom

Lee1972
16-07-2013, 05:43 PM
As it's indoors obviously they're electric. Practice and 1/10th buggy racing takes place on Tuesday and Saturday respectively and I believe they also race 1/12th scale GT12's on a Friday.

Lee1972
16-07-2013, 05:53 PM
Oh and forgot to mention that in my opinion the track is to small for anything 1/8th scale but I'm sure one of the club organiser's will recommend what to use.

marshmallow
16-07-2013, 10:21 PM
As lee as more or less answered you question I will just add if you bring whatever you have down to the club on one night and im sure somone will be able to say what you can and carnt run, usually we are quite relaxed as long as its electric we can give you some track time depending on what it is ie scale etc.

Plus if you pop down you can see what everyone else uses and people are very friendly and well informed to direct you if you wanted to purchase any bugyys, mardaves, touring cars, 12th scales et,

Hope this helps, and seeyou trackside :-)

MrSlow
17-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Hi Stoney

Check out the Preston club. They run 1/8 in the Blackpool area. I've been to their track and it's excellent.

They have a page on Oople and Facebook I believe.