PDA

View Full Version : Meeting Sunday 23rd June

RobW
18-06-2013, 08:14 AM
So who is racing this Sunday?

We have been discussing mixing the format up a bit and maybe running three rounds of qualifying and three finals for all rather than 5 qualifiers and 1 final - we are supposed to be there to race afterall? Either way, six runs and all finished by 1.00ish so you have time to do something else in the afternoon has got to be a good thing.

I am currently working on a pass but it has already been mentioned at home that I've been at all day meetings for the last three weekends. Maybe I can sell this as a positive on the basis it is only a morning meeting?:)

Rob

hotrodchris
18-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Rob you knew where I stand on the final senario. Just debating whatever class to run with 2wd at Stotfold the following weekend.

Getpip
18-06-2013, 01:33 PM
My personal preference at the morning meetings is for more qualys and less finals.
Maybe 4 and 2 as a compromise?

bobbin
18-06-2013, 04:17 PM
Rob,
my views for what they worth in the short time i have been back since my 20 year break.
i would say more finals, qualifying only teaches you how to drive the track, finals teach you how to race and racing (getting stuck in) is what its about.

like i say these are my views but i am happy with whatever as i need as much track time as i can get.

Robin

M.Andrews
18-06-2013, 06:22 PM
I like the idea of 3 finals because you only really properly race in the finals. Qualifying(as we all know) is all about staying out of each others way and being consistent!.
That's my opinion shared,looking forward to racing this weekend whichever way the finals are run!.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

badger5
19-06-2013, 08:28 AM
After the finals we had the last summer series so bring it on, I also need to improve my driving when being around other cars and in the mix so having three finals would be great.
Hopefully the weather will continue to be kind and we get another great mornings racing in.

DHB
20-06-2013, 06:42 AM
Change of subject guys,

I am bringing chairman browns usaual schumacher tyres and foams to sell. (Remember NO BB's)

bobbin
20-06-2013, 06:50 AM
Put two sets of rears on one side for me mate
Cheers
Robin

HOTSHOT III
20-06-2013, 08:23 AM
Change of subject guys,

I am bringing chairman browns usaual schumacher tyres and foams to sell. (Remember NO BB's)

Yes please, see you Sunday.

stretch76
22-06-2013, 10:03 AM
Is this meeting going ahead? The calendar on the website doesn't show one.

Thanks

HOTSHOT III
22-06-2013, 12:51 PM
So who is racing this Sunday?

We have been discussing mixing the format up a bit and maybe running three rounds of qualifying and three finals for all rather than 5 qualifiers and 1 final - we are supposed to be there to race afterall? Either way, six runs and all finished by 1.00ish so you have time to do something else in the afternoon has got to be a good thing.

I am currently working on a pass but it has already been mentioned at home that I've been at all day meetings for the last three weekends. Maybe I can sell this as a positive on the basis it is only a morning meeting?:)

Rob

Having come down a few times to regionals/club championship meetings I can see the 3-leg final format is pretty well established for these, but would the software etc. allow bump up finals to be run on Sunday morning meetings? It would make the B/C finals more exciting and give the guys who qualify poorly for whatever reason a last chance to get up there.

Anybody can have an unplanned incident in qualifying.

At another track during the winter I saw one driver crash out of one of their heats putting them down in the B, they won this, started from the back of the grid in the A Final and went on to win that as well, top entertainment for all involved:thumbsup:

Bernie_W
22-06-2013, 08:47 PM
Can't get there until just after 9am so can you book me in plz.

Bernard

RobW
22-06-2013, 10:02 PM
Is this meeting going ahead? The calendar on the website doesn't show one.

Thanks

Hi

Yes meeting going ahead

Rob