PDA

View Full Version : Ted Talk - Quads

andys
19-06-2013, 09:50 PM
Watch this - its amazing :)

http://www.ted.com/talks/raffaello_d_andrea_the_astounding_athletic_power_o f_quadcopters.html?utm_source=newsletter_daily&utm_campaign=daily&utm_medium=email&utm_content=button__2013-06-11

neallewis
19-06-2013, 11:00 PM
I think he comes across as some sort of conjuring magician in this :-)
I do wonder what's going on behind the scenes to set this up. they are not fully autonomous in places. I think the are switched in and out of autonomous mode, with someone controlling them at certain times.

smokes
24-06-2013, 08:12 PM
I would love to know the mathematics behind using four cameras as a frame of refrence and where the processing is done on board the quad or on a laptop output xyz co ordinates to the quad.

neallewis
24-06-2013, 11:14 PM
I would love to know the mathematics behind using four cameras as a frame of refrence and where the processing is done on board the quad or on a laptop output xyz co ordinates to the quad.

The processing won't be done on the quads. They may however receive control data from some back end system. Those quads wern't flying full autonomously during all their tricks. I think they were being switch from manual control to computer control, and back, as he needed to perform his tricks.