PDA

View Full Version : Well done Iain!

john333
22-06-2013, 06:42 PM
Massive congratulations to SMD team driver Iain mellish for 5th overall at today's Broxtowe national! Amazing and very well deserved with the awesome Team C TM2.

This car is quickly becoming THE car to have! :thumbsup:

sime46
22-06-2013, 07:29 PM
This car is quickly becoming THE car to have!
Sssssshhhhh! They'll all bloody want one!!!!!:thumbsup:
Well done Iain. Great result buddy.

ben44
22-06-2013, 08:52 PM
Very nice result.
Did you know if we can find a video and if he can give us the setup

Smartalec
23-06-2013, 06:17 AM
As John said above, a huge wel done to Iain for not only making the A final (9th), but also for running three very strong finals with two 3rd places counting to make 5th overall.

This puts Iain a very impressive 11th overall in the National championship after 4 rounds.

Keep up the good work with the car mate and good luck today with the 4wd. :thumbsup:

deano43
23-06-2013, 06:52 AM
I was there too to see Iain do his finals and a very proud moment to see a local driver do so well so a massive well done mate

/tobys
23-06-2013, 08:36 AM
Well done Iain, superb driving yesterday mate :thumbsup:

richardj
23-06-2013, 08:39 PM
Nice one to team G Speed. The lad can drive. LOL. But it's Mr G Speed who needs credit as well he's been so stressed this week. Needs to chill out with the cnc machine. Ian can now gibe up the smokes.

David Church
23-06-2013, 09:10 PM
Good job Mellish!!! Can't wait to see the interview Lol:D

stall4king
24-06-2013, 09:21 AM
Hi all...

Thank you for the kind words everyone, id just like to say thank you again to my dad who has put in so much hard work to get us where we are today....and for putting up with me these last few weeks/months! I'd also like to thank everyone at SMD and PBM for their continued help and support, they really have been great to us and im delighted we managed to put the car in a final where it belongs!

Ben, i dont think there are any videos of the racing or finals but ive posted my setup below :)

Dave, please dont be offended if i never watch that video...how can it be so hard just to talk or say something eligable, my mind just went totally blank!?! Im cringing just at the thought of it!

Front

32.5 weight associated oil
Green CoreRc springs
Kit pistons with 2 holes drilled to 1.4mm
Middle hole on tower
Outer hole on wishbone
Longest camber link +1mm spacer under ballstud
45 gram brass top plate over servo
25 degree caster blocks
1.5 degrees camber
19mm ride height

Rear

25 weight associated oil
Green CoreRC springs
Kit pistons
2mm limiters inside each shock
Middle hole on tower
Drilled inner position on wishbone
Shortest camber link on hub
Inner camber link position on shock tower
3 degrees toe in
2 degrees camber
Gear diff with 2000 weight oil
Slotted top deck
19mm ride height

See y'all soon :)

dwp102
24-06-2013, 09:45 AM
where did you get the brass top plate from?

stall4king
24-06-2013, 10:20 AM
My dad made it...ill try and get a picture up of the car with it on :)

Gordonm
24-06-2013, 10:56 AM
Thanks for the comments chaps!, car & driver were top class on Saturday.-no tweaks or mods (gear diff with 2k oil), good all round and no different setups were used in the wet-it managed to rain half way through most heats!
Shame about the weather, I'm sure it ruined lots of peoples chances of two good runs, would have been much better without the lottery!
Idiot mechanic didn't help with the 4wd (how can you build a slipper wrong twice!) but I think C final wasn't too bad.-The T4 looked good though & with a little tlc (i.e.more than 5min maintenance per year!) it will be competitive!!
Now Broxtowe's over we can hopefully get back to some sense of normality, it's been a roller coaster few weeks, all enjoyable though-with hindsight!!

Enclosed is a pic of the brass weight, just made from scrap, receiver is normally behind it.
Cheers, Gord.
ps not forgotten your shell Jono!!

dicky14
24-06-2013, 11:54 AM
:thumbsup:Massive thumbs up to have a local super star, i watched his drive in the second round and he was flawless, but the thing that made me laugh was he looked ill after his run (tell him to breath Gordon whilst driving), at this rate the broxstowe snowman series has already been won. But joking aside, you both deserve a massive pat on the back. Well done:woot:

porschesse
24-06-2013, 10:58 PM
Iain I filmed ya first final run till about 3 mins in, no idea how to post it up but will have a go soon :-)
Well done again you and gord deserve the result so much and hopefully more a finals to come!

dwp102
30-06-2013, 05:39 PM
Are the core rc green springs harder or softer than the kit?

Gordonm
02-07-2013, 06:03 PM
The green corerc springs are 3.4....one of the reasons we switched springs was because we couldn't find out the rates of the kit ones. It probably won't be of much use but the greens are bang in the middle of the range of corerc springs, the softest being 2.8 and hardest being 4.0. I think the kit springs are mediums but I cant be of much more use i'm afraid....i'm sure Mr Helliwell will have exact rates though :thumbsup:

Oh, the corerc springs are dual rate too so a direct comparison even with the same rate normal springs could well give different handling characteristics...but don't quote me on that!

Iain

StevenBest
02-07-2013, 07:14 PM
The green corerc springs are 3.4....one of the reasons we switched springs was because we couldn't find out the rates of the kit ones. It probably won't be of much use but the greens are bang in the middle of the range of corerc springs, the softest being 2.8 and hardest being 4.0. I think the kit springs are mediums but I cant be of much more use i'm afraid....i'm sure Mr Helliwell will have exact rates though :thumbsup:

Oh, the corerc springs are dual rate too so a direct comparison even with the same rate normal springs could well give different handling characteristics...but don't quote me on that!

Iain

This is what a guy said from the TeamC forum:
"I have seen it posted as
Front med=3.4 , soft =3.15
rear med=2.1, soft = 1.9

Im not sure what the firm is rated at."

Hope this helps:thumbsup: