PDA

View Full Version : Winter Race Ireland 2013

celticpanman
28-06-2013, 03:43 PM
The DMCC are going to hold the WRI 2013 in November on the 8-9-10th.

All information is on our club site together with contact details and entry forms.
It is open for 1/10th buggy 2wd 4wd.

We are hoping to do deals with hotels locally and will email this as we get it.

Any further information that becomes available will be on our club site, emailed through the group and put up here on this thread.

we look forward to seeing all the old faces together with some new faces over the three days.

Our venue is indoors on astroturf with a track width of 2m.

Lets gets racing

DMCC

Meath77
28-06-2013, 09:13 PM
Just marked it in the calendar :D
No excuses for missing this!

The Doktor
28-06-2013, 10:30 PM
WWW.DUBLINMODELRACING.COM (http://www.DUBLINMODELRACING.COM)

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n475/leemcguire74/stuff/wri13_1Poster_zpsd5da7d88.jpg

The Doktor
10-07-2013, 11:54 PM
Our website has been updated with suggested accommodation, with preferential rates in nearby hotels.

http://dublinmodelracing.com/wriday.htm

Cardnim
18-07-2013, 01:55 PM
Cheers guys.
Foolishly I missed this event first time round - wont do that again.
Name down and in!

See you there. :thumbsup:

The Doktor
04-08-2013, 10:56 PM
Hi all,
Winter Race Ireland is starting to fill up, so I would advise to get your entry in asap to avoid disappointment.

If you require accommodation we have a preferential rate at the nearby Travellodge Dublin Airport North (Swords). This is 5 minutes walk to Swords village. If you quote DMCC when booking they are giving a preferential rate of €70 (£60) for two nights, room only.
We are suggesting the Swords area as it is near Dublin airport, and on the route from Dublin Port to our track. There are plenty of shops, restaurants etc. Most importantly there are 10 pubs. It is also 15/20 minutes drive to our track.

Cheers
Lee

Click
11-08-2013, 08:55 PM
Really looking forward to this :D

It will be good to meet up with the Southport crew, I owe these guys a few pints:thumbsup:

Hopefully anybody who can make the weekend will turn up as EVERYBODY is welcome regardless of creed, race, species etc.

The only issue we might have is with Octopi. The Octopus has too many tentacles and could give an unfair advantage using the transmitter :p BUT if one applies we will consider the application :lol:

Roll on the WRI 2013

kartstuffer
12-08-2013, 11:06 AM
I hear there might be a class on Sunday for highly modified 210s as well as 4wd converted to 2wd + all the usual, best vintage car, highest up the WALL etc, should be a fun event!!!

noreargrip
13-08-2013, 04:48 PM
can a drivers list be posted?

kartstuffer
13-08-2013, 07:21 PM
:thumbsup:can a drivers list be posted?

The Doktor
13-08-2013, 09:36 PM
yep, no problem. Ill post it in a couple of days when I have all the names off the entry forms.
Also have a number of people who have mailed me without forms and I want to be sure they are in before I post names.

Itll be up on the club website in the WRI section.

h0m3sy
14-08-2013, 04:19 PM

The Doktor
18-08-2013, 08:18 PM
Hi all,
There is a link to the drivers list on the DMCC Winter Race webpage.
Please be aware that there are approx. 12 unconfirmed drivers, whos names will be put when we are sure they are entered:

Drivers List: http://dublinmodelracing.com/wridriverlist.htm

WRI 2013 page: http://dublinmodelracing.com/wriday.htm

Thanks a lot
Lee

Click
18-08-2013, 09:05 PM
Impressive list, I think at the first WRI we had around 35 racers, this one looks like it will top that :thumbsup:

We are a small country with a VERY small RC community.

The UK's population is approx. 72.5 million if 200 racers turn up to an event it's approx. 0.00028% of the population.

Ireland's population is approx. 4.5 million, if 40 racers turn up to an event that's approx. 0.0037%

So, in Ireland if we get 30-40 racers turn up to an event we will have a higher percentage of racers than an equivalent UK event:thumbsup::thumbsup:

But as we all know there are Lies, damned lies, and statistics :D:D:D

Meath77
18-08-2013, 09:09 PM
Will there be hot food at it? Or will I be bringing sandwiches?

The Doktor
18-08-2013, 09:22 PM
We will be looking at getting food brought in. Again, more details will be available closer to the event.
But for anyone whos has had the breakfast baguette from the café up the road.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIIWKA_h12Q

h0m3sy
18-08-2013, 11:40 PM

kartstuffer
19-08-2013, 11:56 AM
Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

TonyM
20-08-2013, 09:02 PM
I'm really looking forward to coming over from Southport for this event. I'm one of the four 'Aidan Burke reserved' on the list.

Meath77
20-08-2013, 09:25 PM
Kev said the lads from Southport are unbelievably good, so we'll be expecting lap records. No pressure! :D

Click
20-08-2013, 10:15 PM
Kev said the lads from Southport are unbelievably good, so we'll be expecting lap records. No pressure! :D

I did say they were good . . . . . good at eating ice cream:p good at telling jokes:D good at eating burgers and donuts:drool: and very good at knocking down joggers:D:p:D

Looking forward to meeting up with the Southport crew again:thumbsup:

Meath77
20-08-2013, 10:27 PM
I assume they know the tradition that the travelling lads buy beers for the local guys afterwards? Great, looking forward to it already and it's 3 months away

The Doktor
22-08-2013, 11:23 PM
Hi All,
Just a reminder to keep an eye on the club website for updates.
Though anything really important we will email all entered drivers.

Thanks a lot

Lee

The Doktor
04-09-2013, 11:55 PM
Drivers list updated

http://dublinmodelracing.com/wridriverlist.htm

The Doktor
20-10-2013, 07:11 PM
The DMCC are delighted to announce that the WRI 2013 will be sponsored by Schumacher!

Thanks a lot guys.

The control tyre for the event will be Schumacher Mini Spikes on all driven axles.

http://www.racing-cars.com/

www.dublinmodelracing.com (http://www.dublinmodelracing.com)

noreargrip
21-10-2013, 08:17 AM
sponsored in what way? free tyres? Lol

Meath77
21-10-2013, 10:54 AM
The way it works is anyone with a Schumacher car has to buy an extra round of drinks in the pub afterwards.

Click
21-10-2013, 05:49 PM
Hmmmmmmmmm not too sure about that one :p

I'll buy a round of ............... wine gums :thumbsup:

The Doktor
21-10-2013, 06:42 PM
Can everyone please leave the schumacher drivers alone.

As they provide jammy wagonwheels to the rest of us they are great in my book!

Mmmmmmm jammy wagonwheels!:thumbsup:

celticpanman
01-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Only 1 week to go

The timetable should be up soon
Breakfast rolls will be delivered in the morning 10ish and chipper at roughly 1
Price for them to be confirmed shortly

Tea and coffee available
Keep looking here over the next few days for final info

kartstuffer
01-11-2013, 04:49 PM
They being delivered by remote control!!! You'll need a ladder to get to the roof of the shed.

The Doktor
01-11-2013, 11:16 PM
Hi all,
Just to let you all know that the club website has been updated with a timetable for WRI 2013.

Friday 8th November: Open practice, Doors open 10am. Doors closed 9pm
Drivers can book in any time during the day

Saturday 9th and 10th November
Doors open 8am.
Booking in 8:15 to 9:30
Track open for practice 8.30 to 9:30
Drivers briefing 9:30
Qualifying starts 10:00 sharp!! (3 rounds)
Lunch 13:00
Finals start 14:00 (3 Legs)
We will be giving prizes after the finals and doors will be closed at 18:00

Breakfast and lunch has been orgaised for the 2 race days. We will take your orders and it will be brought to the track.
There is plenty of tables, so you wont need to bring one, But please bring a chair.
There are plenty of power points, but please bring an extension lead or a 4 gang lead to help spread it around.

Finally, a number of racers have not paid their entry fee, you know who you are!
Before you put a car on the track please pay this. The organisers would like to enjoy their days racing rather than chase you for your race fee!!!

We really hope you have a great weekends racing, and hope you can come out for a pint in swords on Saturdat night.
If there is anything you need please let us know.

Best Regards
DMCC

Meath77
01-11-2013, 11:51 PM
Nice one, have friday booked off work for practice!

The Doktor
02-11-2013, 06:29 PM
A couple of drivers have asked if we can open later on Friday to facilitate people who will be working, so we have decided to keep the track open till 9pm on Friday.

MiCk B.
03-11-2013, 06:25 PM
Track was great today.
All looking good for next week-end.

I'll be track-side from Friday (early lunch time) with stock from MSD Models / P-DubRacing. (Tyres / inserts / wheels and general spares AVID / GHEA stuff.)
Full stock list is available on the websites.

Items can be pre-ordered via the websites (www.msdmodels.ie (http://www.msdmodels.ie) / www.p-dubracing.co.uk (http://www.p-dubracing.co.uk)) and picked up at the track.

If anyone is looking for anything particular let me know ASAP.

MiCk B. :-)

kartstuffer
04-11-2013, 04:25 PM
Yeah good racing and we all managed to get round the first corner ( hairpin ) without crashing in all finals!!!

The Doktor
04-11-2013, 07:10 PM
Yeah good racing and we all managed to get round the first corner ( hairpin ) without crashing in all finals!!!

It was a really enjoyable day, and I really loved my first time out with the tamiyas (must change my signature)

The Doktor
04-11-2013, 07:11 PM
If there is anyone who would like to run 1/18th at the WRI (Saturday), would you please let me know.
Thanks a lot

coppercat
04-11-2013, 07:54 PM
Hi all , I will be running 1/18 on saturday and had been hoping to run 2wd modified as well but due to a bit of a mix up that is'nt going to happen but I could still run in clubman if somebody has a spare 10.5t motor they would be willing to lend me for the day , in return I have an lrp shark they can have for the day if anyone fancys a go at 1/18 , cheers , Tony.

kartstuffer
04-11-2013, 10:43 PM
I have a spare 10.5 lrp you can borrow , just need to check it make sure it is ok.

The Doktor
05-11-2013, 12:27 AM
I have a spare 10.5 lrp you can borrow , just need to check it make sure it is ok.

Ive also got a spare 10.5 tekin. So ye wont be stuck

kartstuffer
05-11-2013, 12:38 AM
What model of car do you intend running as I also have a mod dex210 ready to go , just needs tyres as ones on it are worn.

coppercat
05-11-2013, 08:51 AM
Cheers lads , I've got a cougar sv there was a bit of a balls up with the stuff I ordered so i'm left with a clubman spec esc and a mod spec motor .

kartstuffer
05-11-2013, 09:04 AM
I can give you a lend of an esc & 8.5 motor set , when you coming as i wont be there friday but can give it to someone if you want.

noreargrip
05-11-2013, 01:43 PM
has the track changed from the last time I was there about three weeks ago?

The Doktor
05-11-2013, 03:33 PM
has the track changed from the last time I was there about three weeks ago?

Yep, we now have a flaming jump of doom, a crocodile pit, and pole dancers to put drivers off.:thumbsup:

Ok.... it hasn't changed at all.

coppercat
05-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Ive also got a spare 10.5 tekin. So ye wont be stuck
thanks lads think i'll go with the 10.5 , i'll be up first thing sat morning so will meet up with one of ye then .:thumbsup:

noreargrip
06-11-2013, 11:48 AM
Aw was looking forward to the pole dancers tbh :rolleyes::lol:

The Doktor
07-11-2013, 12:46 AM
Hi all,
Just to let you all know that the club website has been updated with a timetable for WRI 2013.

Friday 8th November: Open practice, Doors open 10am. Doors closed 9pm
Drivers can book in any time during the day

Saturday 9th and 10th November
Doors open 8am.
Booking in 8:15 to 9:30
Track open for practice 8.30 to 9:30
Drivers briefing 9:30
Qualifying starts 10:00 sharp!! (3 rounds)
Lunch 13:00
Finals start 14:00 (3 Legs)
We will be giving prizes after the finals and doors will be closed at 18:00

Breakfast and lunch has been orgaised for the 2 race days. We will take your orders and it will be brought to the track.
There is plenty of tables, so you wont need to bring one, But please bring a chair.
There are plenty of power points, but please bring an extension lead or a 4 gang lead to help spread it around.

Finally, a number of racers have not paid their entry fee, you know who you are!
Before you put a car on the track please pay this. The organisers would like to enjoy their days racing rather than chase you for your race fee!!!

We really hope you have a great weekends racing, and hope you can come out for a pint in swords on Saturdat night.
If there is anything you need please let us know.

Best Regards
DMCC

Hi All,
Just back from the track and sorting out the last few things. The place is looking good, and it should be a great weekends racing.

Everyone who has entered has a table allocated to them. So when you arrive you will see your name on your table.

All the tables have power going to them, so you should just need a 4 gang socket and you will be sorted.
Again, please bring a chair, as we do have some but not enough.

Food will also be delivered to the track on Saturday and Sunday. I believe breakfast rolls from the café at the Seamus Ennis Centre (they are the best ever), and orders will be taken for lunch from the chipper. We will be taking an hours lunch break to give you plenty of time.

There will be a couple of burco boilers on the go and tea and coffee will be provided.

Again, please make sure to book in at the earliest opportunity so the racing gets to start on time and the day goes smoothly.

If you need to know anything at all you can contact me or any of the committee.

Best Regards
DMCC

P.S, the pole dancing is back on, just for Mark Penny. Kevin White and Graham Parkes will be providing the entertainment, Kev even has his brand new Schumacher bikini ironed for the day.:p

skybug
08-11-2013, 01:55 AM
Hi all , I will be running 1/18 on saturday and had been hoping to run 2wd modified as well but due to a bit of a mix up that is'nt going to happen but I could still run in clubman if somebody has a spare 10.5t motor they would be willing to lend me for the day , in return I have an lrp shark they can have for the day if anyone fancys a go at 1/18 , cheers , Tony.
no problem tony ,i have a couple of 10.5 if you need one on the day.

kartstuffer
08-11-2013, 11:51 AM
Looking forward to a grood weekends racing - roll on Saturday!!!!!!!

Click
10-11-2013, 10:08 PM
Might I be the first to absolutely congratulate the DMCC for running a fantastic event. (bad grammar, but what the heck:bored: )

It's not good to start mentioning names, as you could leave somebody out:o , and I know it was very much a DMCC committee team effort but fair play to Lee for playing a major part in pulling the WRI2013 together:thumbsup:

Great start to both days with breakfast organised & delivered to your table:woot: + lunch in the same manner (thanks Vicky:D )

Racing went like clockwork on Sat., on Sunday, after a few minor track changes in the morning the rest of the day ran smoothly.

It was great to see some faces from the past turning up, hopefully it won't be long before we meet again :-)

Before anybody asks:p , it will take 2-3 weeks before I have the WRI2013 promo video finished, if you have any suggestions for a soundtrack post them here but do it soon as I need to start the edit with a music track:thumbsup:

Once again congrats on running such a relaxed & enjoyable event:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

MiCk B.
10-11-2013, 10:16 PM
Yep,

Thanks to everyone for making it a great week-end of racing.

MiCk B. :-)

skybug
10-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Might I be the first to absolutely congratulate the DMCC for running a fantastic event. (bad grammar, but what the heck:bored: )

It's not good to start mentioning names, as you could leave somebody out:o , and I know it was very much a DMCC committee team effort but fair play to Lee for playing a major part in pulling the WRI2013 together:thumbsup:

Great start to both days with breakfast organised & delivered to your table:woot: + lunch in the same manner (thanks Vicky:D )

Racing went like clockwork on Sat., on Sunday, after a few minor track changes in the morning the rest of the day ran smoothly.

It was great to see some faces from the past turning up, hopefully it won't be long before we meet again :-)

Before anybody asks:p , it will take 2-3 weeks before I have the WRI2013 promo video finished, if you have any suggestions for a soundtrack post them here but do it soon as I need to start the edit with a music track:thumbsup:

Once again congrats on running such a relaxed & enjoyable event:thumbsup::D:thumbsup:

nice one kev , you could not have said it better,it was a great weekends racing run flawlessly, well done to the members who made it a success.
on the soundtrack side of things
if i think of any i will pm you.looking forward to the vid.

The Doktor
11-11-2013, 02:16 AM
I know I really enjoyed the whole weekend, except the bit when I woke up sunday morning with a hangover... that wasn't fun.

Though the highlight of the weekend for me was Kevin White and Adam Keegan who finally made the move from Clubman to Modified.
They spent a good 15 minutes modifying their cars, and you could really see how the 2 guys made them much faster, with improved wing design and numerous other aerodynamic improvements. Well done guys, theres a future for you in Model car design, im sure one of the big companies will snap you up.

http://i339.photobucket.com/albums/n475/leemcguire74/stuff/modifiedre_zps2c31d4a4.jpg

kartstuffer
11-11-2013, 09:20 AM
Yes a BIG thank you to the committee for a great weekends racing ( well maybe not for me:cry:, my excuse is i`m waiting for the TM4 ) but i know a few people who went home with smiles on their faces, Alan & Lucy for 1st & 2nd in 4 wheel drive clubman in their Durangos and Lee for 3rd in mod in his new Tamiya and Ray with his raffle prize ( a tee-shirt signed by all drivers at the recent world champs in Chico donated by MSD models ).:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

The Doktor
11-11-2013, 03:59 PM
The photos I took are up on the club website, direct link to them here:

https://picasaweb.google.com/104224811159165052393/WinterRace2013?noredirect=1#

And well done to all the winners ( I think I got it right). The full results should be up on the website soon:

2WD Clubman
1st Dylan McBurney
2nd Adam Keegan
3rd Kevin White

2WD Modified
1st Mark Penny
2nd Denzell McBurney
3rd Aaron Vance

4WD Clubman
1st Alan Thompson
2nd Lucy Thompson
3rd Eoin Keating

4WD Modified
1st Mark Penny
2nd Aaron Vance
3rd Lee McGuire

skybug
11-11-2013, 07:44 PM
Yes a BIG thank you to the committee for a great weekends racing ( well maybe not for me:cry:, my excuse is i`m waiting for the TM4 ) but i know a few people who went home with smiles on their faces, Alan & Lucy for 1st & 2nd in 4 wheel drive clubman in their Durangos and Lee for 3rd in mod in his new Tamiya and Ray with his raffle prize ( a tee-shirt signed by all drivers at the recent world champs in Chico donated by MSD models ).:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

WORLD CHAMPS SIGNED T- SHIRT FOR SALE $25,000 ono!:lol::lol::lol:

celticpanman
11-11-2013, 09:13 PM
i'll give you 10,000 cash or paypal

IrishRacer
11-11-2013, 09:26 PM
Big thanks to everyone who organized the event a huge thank you to everyone who helped with my car. It was a great weekend of racing, really enjoyed it!:lol:

Thanks a mil
Gareth

skybug
11-11-2013, 10:58 PM
i'll give you 10,000 cash or paypal

DONE !ill just give it a good wash with daz so its nice and clean for you seems there is a lot of marker on the front and we couldnt have you going around dressed like that; what would people think?!:lol::lol::lol:

Eiremaxx
11-11-2013, 11:04 PM
Great event guys had a great day yesterday enjoyed getting back on track again I have the rc bug again see you soon :)

Slim Shady
12-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Super weekend of racing..well done to DMCC for organising a flawless event..especially to the comitty and to Mr Blue Bling Mc Guire.A big thanks to Vicky who kept us fed and watered all weekend..Great racing from all driver's..and winners.. Tony.

The Doktor
19-11-2013, 03:06 PM
Hi all
Theres a bit of a report on the weekends racing up on the website.

www.dublinmodelracing.com (http://www.dublinmodelracing.com)

Ment to say it to everyone, the photos of the weekend in the photo section of the website are lower than normal resolution. If anyone wants the full quality ones just bring a USB stick to the track and you are welcome to get them from me. Or if there is just one or two pics you want I should be able to email it to you.
Cheers
Lee

Click
24-11-2013, 02:14 AM
Hi Lads,

Managed to get some time to work on my first version of the WRI2013 promo video.

Here is the link to youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_CjBy-dcrw&feature=youtu.be

Kevin

The Doktor
24-11-2013, 08:02 PM
Top class video as usual Kev! :thumbsup:

The cows are the best bit though

youll also find the video here:

http://dublinmodelracing.com/wrireport.htm

IrishRacer
24-11-2013, 09:04 PM
awwww no ACDC in the background:p Great vid kev keep up the good work

Click
24-11-2013, 10:18 PM
Top class video as usual Kev! :thumbsup:

The cows are the best bit though

youll also find the video here:

http://dublinmodelracing.com/wrireport.htm

They where special stunt cows :thumbsup::lol::thumbsup:

Click
24-11-2013, 10:20 PM
awwww no ACDC in the background:p Great vid kev keep up the good work

Don't worry, rock version on the way :thumbsup:

The Doktor
24-11-2013, 10:32 PM
They where special stunt cows :thumbsup::lol::thumbsup:

But were they small..... or far away?:confused:

celticpanman
24-11-2013, 11:50 PM
Great video kev
Well done on a lot of time and effort

Meath77
25-11-2013, 12:13 PM
Nice video Kev, my son Tom is obsessed with it, so I'm racking up the view count for you :D

Great weekend that went without a hitch, fair play to everyone who helped organise it.

Click
25-11-2013, 09:09 PM
Many thanks for all your positive comments :D

Adam K. asked on youtube what the music was, it's Odyssey OVERWERK, one of their many great songs!

Legacy555
26-11-2013, 08:27 AM
Don't worry, rock version on the way :thumbsup:

Do you do requests? :p

Good man Kevin :thumbsup:

Click
26-11-2013, 05:10 PM
Do you do requests? :p

Good man Kevin :thumbsup:

No requests, unless it's written on the back of a VERY large bank note :woot:

Here's V2, different music + more emphasis on the cars:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hurR0MvHSiw&feature=youtu.be

UPDATE: You might have problems playing V2 on portable devices due to copyright issue, I'll have a word with Joe E. and iron things out ;-)

The Doktor
26-11-2013, 07:02 PM
No requests, unless it's written on the back of a VERY large bank note :woot:

Here's V2, different music + more emphasis on the cars:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hurR0MvHSiw&feature=youtu.be

V2 is top class.... but def leppard?? :p

Slim Shady
26-11-2013, 08:53 PM
Bet you were a mad raver in your day..cool music..great video Kevin.. T

Meath77
26-11-2013, 09:27 PM
Questionable music Kev! You should have used this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=cVikZ8Oe_XA#t=23

There's no situation on earth where that song doesn't work.

The Doktor
30-11-2013, 01:06 AM
some good press for Irish RC car racing...

http://www.liverc.com/news/race_results/5945-Dublin_Model_Car_Club_%22Winter_Race_Ireland%22_ra ce_report/

http://www.rc-area.co.uk/2013/11/29/dmcc-winter-race-ireland-report/