PDA

View Full Version : MERCC Regional - OFFICIAL INFORMATION

David1976
02-07-2013, 02:58 PM
EAST OF ENGLAND OFF-ROAD REGIONAL, ROUND 5

Sunday, 7th July

Host Club: Mid-Essex Radio Car Club (MERCC)

Venue: Broadfield Fruit Farm, Braxted Park Road, Near Tiptree, Essex, CO5 0QB

MERCC is looking forward to welcoming drivers to the Regional next Sunday, and we will do our best to ensure good weather and a good day’s racing!

Many of you have raced at Braxted in the past, so we look forward to seeing ‘old’ as well as ‘new’ faces on the day. With a large entry we want to ensure that things run as smoothly as possible, so would ask that drivers please comply with our requests as appropriate.

Directions to our track are on the website (www.mercc.org.uk).

Access to the site will be from 7.00 am and we would ask that car radios, CD players, etc. are not blaring - this will also apply throughout the duration of the Race Meeting. MERCC has had a good relationship with neighbours and I am sure you will understand that we do not wish our future at Braxted to be jeopardised due to unnecessary and excessive noise. We would prefer no dogs on-site, but if this is unavoidable you must ensure that you park well away from others and that dogs are on an appropriate lead at all times to prevent them being a hazard/danger. Owners will be fully responsible for the behaviour of their dogs.

Toilets and running water are on-site, but please note that this is not regarded as drinking water. Please, therefore, bring your own liquid refreshments and also food - remember to have sufficient drinking water with you to ensure you do not become dehydrated should the weather be very warm! Please be aware that the field is uneven ground, which includes ruts, so take care when moving around - more haste, less speed (also applies to driving!!). We would ask you to park sensibly, please, and to ensure that direct access from the field entrance right down to the Race Control caravan is not obstructed in case emergency vehicles need to gain access. Please be extremely careful with any naked flames, soldering irons, barbecues, etc. to avoid fire hazards, particularly if the grass is very dry.

MERCC has always been known for running friendly Meetings, so at the same time as being competitive please put the emphasis on fun and enjoyment - no temper tantrums, verbal or physical abuse, and definitely NO SWEARING! Anyone guilty of this may well find themselves disqualified from the Meeting.

It is drivers’ responsibility to ensure that they have provided the correct information when booking their entry, particularly with regard to Personal Transponder Numbers. Failure to do this, or notify of any changes will result in unnecessary delays on race day. If any PT numbers have changed, be sure to notify me ASAP (remembering to stipulate the Class!) by e-mailing info@mercc.org.uk Please do not leave this to the last minute! Bear in mind that Pursy RC4 PT’s will not be compatible with our system and MERCC does not provide ‘handout’ transponders. Anyone without a compatible PT will have to be counted manually if possible.

The aim will be for 4 rounds of Qualifying Heats (Round-by-Round), with 3-leg Finals for 2wd and 4wd Buggies and 1-leg Finals for SCT’s.

All races will be of 5 minutes duration, with 2 minutes between Heats and 3 minutes between Rounds, so drivers must ensure that they are ready to race and ready to marshall. Drivers must ensure that they have appointed a suitable, competent substitute (who must be a current BRCA Member) should there be any reason why they cannot marshall - failure to marshall, or turning up lat eto your post will incur loss of fastest time. It should also be pointed out that Marshalls will be required to wear jackets provided, and only Drivers and Marshalls are permitted within the confines of the track area. PLEASE ENSURE THAT YOU ATTEND THE BRIEFING!

Timing format we will be aiming for at the beginning of the day is as follows:

Access to field: from 7.00 am
Booking-In: until 8.15 am only
SCT Practice: 7.30 - 7.40 am
2wd Practice: 7.40 - 8.00 am
4wd Practice: 8.00 am - 8.20 am
Briefing: 8.25 am
Racing Starts: ASAP

On race day my mobile will be on (0794 1157 226), but I would ask you please only to contact me if ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY.

If you have any queries, please e-mail info@mercc.org.uk and check the MERCC website and Facebook for any updated information.

On behalf of the Committee and Members of Mid-Essex Radio Car Club I look forward to seeing you next Sunday and to a successful, and enjoyable, day’s racing for all.

Keith Wright
(MERCC Chairman, Race Director)

David1976
03-07-2013, 11:02 AM
MERCC will be applying very strict enforcement for marshalling to maintain 2 minute intervals between heats.

If you do not turn up on time to take your marshal post within 2 minutes of the previous race ending, or have not nominated a suitable replacement to be in position, loss of your fastest qualifying time will be the punishment - no exceptions.

We are expecting a large turnout and it is only fair to Keith the Race Director, and the racers, to enforce this.

It has been suggested that the easiest way of organising this would be for marshals to take off their high vis vest and wave it over their head on completion of the race - until they are relieved from their post by the next marshal. That way we will all know exactly who is still waiting to be relieved from their post.

colin76
03-07-2013, 11:46 AM
Just to clarify what has been said. We will have two referee's in attendance Sunday. One looking after the 2wd and one looking after 4wd. I do believe the SC's will not need refereeing, SC guys please see this as a compliment that I have not had any complaints about the racing.

David1976
04-07-2013, 08:30 AM
Several drivers have still not provided Personal Transponder numbers. In fairness to the Race Director (who is also entering information on the computer) and all other drivers, please let me know the number and Class to which it relates ASAP. We do not want to waste time unnecessarily on Race Day. If you leave it until the last minute you will not be very popular.

Any driver who has a different PT number to that provided when he/she booked in on-line MUST ALSO LET ME HAVE THE CURRENT NUMBER ASAP. E-mail info@mercc.org.uk

Keith Wright (MERCC Chairman/Race Director)

Checa
05-07-2013, 05:47 PM
Looks like i might have to bare my 2 white pins this weekend :woot: the first time this year :thumbsup:

Dufty07
05-07-2013, 08:02 PM
Is any1 gonna be there with any tyres to sell,I need yellow spikes ,rear and yellow cut staggers slim for front

jimbobr5turbo
05-07-2013, 09:02 PM
Is any1 gonna be there with any tyres to sell,I need yellow spikes ,rear and yellow cut staggers slim for front

I'm sure Danny will sort you out

Checa
06-07-2013, 07:56 AM
I'm sure Danny will sort you out

:thumbsup:

Shaun_TLR
06-07-2013, 11:11 AM
Random question, but has anyone got a standard losi 22 spur gear they're happy to sell? I've munched mine whilst tuning her for sunday..... DOH !

ta

David1976
06-07-2013, 04:56 PM
http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag85/MERCC2/image_zpsa5359656.jpg (http://s1300.photobucket.com/user/MERCC2/media/image_zpsa5359656.jpg.html)

Chris Larner
06-07-2013, 05:01 PM
Anyone got a 4.5T motor I can borrow!
Think its going to be flat out lots on that layout.

Chesty
06-07-2013, 07:57 PM
Random question, but has anyone got a standard losi 22 spur gear they're happy to sell? I've munched mine whilst tuning her for sunday..... DOH !

ta

I think I might have one in the pit box Shaun. Will be near a white Seat Ibiza if you wanna come & find me.

Ben

jcb
06-07-2013, 08:37 PM

ta I've for a used one you can borrow if chesty hasnt got one in his box.

racingdwarf
06-07-2013, 08:39 PM

ta

Will have one with me mate

racingdwarf
06-07-2013, 08:41 PM
flat out with a chance of bumps by the looks of the photo

jcb
08-07-2013, 06:03 AM
Thanks to all a MERCC for a superb meeting :thumbsup:

empee9ine
08-07-2013, 03:43 PM
Well done to MERCC, very well run meeting, interesting track layout, minimum whining on the rostrum. :thumbsup:

jimbobr5turbo
08-07-2013, 05:08 PM
Thanks to all a MERCC for a superb meeting :thumbsup:

+1 :) well done to Keith, the ref's, scrutineers, Alan and all. The biggest meeting of the year for mercc, a success:thumbsup:

Benh
08-07-2013, 06:05 PM
+1 :) well done to Keith, the ref's, scrutineers, Alan and all. The biggest meeting of the year for mercc, a success:thumbsup:

+1. Well done to everyone who put the time and effort in. Great job!

jimbobr5turbo
09-07-2013, 07:07 AM
+1. Well done to everyone who put the time and effort in. Great job!

Oh I forgot to mention Ben and Colin, who handles the bumps on and off track:woot: