PDA

View Full Version : New Track Layout for Saturday

MrSlow
03-07-2013, 12:00 PM
We have changed the track design ready for the weekend. :thumbsup:

The track flows well and makes better use of the space. (In my opinion)

The table top has been relocated, we have rumble strips and will be running in the opposite direction.

As always, practice starts at 3 on Saturday and racing at 6:30.

Staxman
03-07-2013, 04:48 PM
Any pictures of the new layout

MrSlow
03-07-2013, 11:14 PM
Yes, I do :)

These are of the general layout. I'm back there tomorrow to neaten it up and make a few adjustments, particularly at the far end.

rallymaddaz
04-07-2013, 05:59 AM
Looks good Lawrence:thumbsup:

adamjimny
04-07-2013, 12:15 PM
does the rumble strips have sharp edges or are they smooth?

MrSlow
04-07-2013, 12:46 PM
The strips have smooth rounded edges in the direction of travel.

rallymaddaz
04-07-2013, 04:15 PM
Did you put broken glass on one corner and can you tell me if you smoothed off the edges???? Pmsl:lol:

Staxman
04-07-2013, 04:52 PM
Looks good Lawrence
Im gutted now that im not racing on saturday...i might see if i can get my mum to have the kids for me.:)

Lee1972
04-07-2013, 05:09 PM
Looks good, one day I'll get to race on it :thumbsup:

aceracer
04-07-2013, 07:12 PM
is it not dangerous having cars flying into the pits?

corsa148
04-07-2013, 08:50 PM
Looks good hoping to get over there this weekend :thumbsup:

MrSlow
04-07-2013, 10:46 PM
Darren, we've removed the broken glass and added some barbed wire :)

Running the straight towards the pits is a bit of an issue so we have taken some precautions.
The turn at the end of the straight is nice and wide, so plenty of room for disasters without crashing off the track. We've also added a low barrier to stop the very enthusiastic ones.

If during practice it becomes obvious it's too dangerous, then we can easily run the other way round.

It will be good to see you all there at the weekend. :thumbsup:
Chris, get your mum sorted.
Lee, are you sending your young representative again?

Lee1972
05-07-2013, 05:55 AM
Lawrence, unfortunately his chauffeur has got the weekend off :D so he can't make it this week.

andy murray
11-07-2013, 10:06 PM
Hi guys,

Id still be concerned with the main straight aiming for the pits, something should be put in place at the end of the straight that forces cars to slow down without sending them flying if they don't.. I have seen cars also not try and turn and go straight into the roof going the other way. And i have sent a touring car 2 meters high in to the air from just clipping an apex at half the speed of the brccc straight, maybe a tight net would be useful as a barrier too going up to the roof? (if you want to run anti clockwise)..

I agree that its an off road track so as many different challenges should be layed down as possible, new surfaces would be a good idea like astroturf or other but I think jumps could be uses better if there was more of them still, like multiple with down slopes so you have to land the buggy on a downward slope to go faster? Kind of like how your table top is now, but more :)

Rumble strips sound good, how about trying some of this stuff too?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/corrugated-roof-sheets

andy

rallymaddaz
12-07-2013, 11:16 AM
Mr Flec & myself are coming along this weekend - cant wait for a go on the new layout.

Had to re-build the diffs after last time & going to try something different with the tyres again!!:thumbsup:

Ps Lawrence I will bring some corex along for the end of the straight.

Staxman
12-07-2013, 05:35 PM
Bringing my daughter too for her first race meeting...could be an interesting evening

Lee1972
12-07-2013, 06:43 PM
Bringing my daughter too for her first race meeting...could be an interesting evening

Now it gets very expensive :D

rallymaddaz
17-07-2013, 11:12 AM
well the layout is great - much better than before and better use of the space - A few minor tweeks needed here & there to edging etc, but Lawrence is on the case with these.

Didnt get a great night myself with the centre layshaft bearing failing but looking forward to this week:thumbsup:

Lee1972
17-07-2013, 07:48 PM
Once again I can't make it however Callum will be going; thanks Darren :thumbsup: