PDA

View Full Version : Kiddminster track club

Neil T
17-08-2008, 02:41 PM
Hello guy's Im returning to off road racing after some time, want to start club racing, my local track club would be kiddminster

I'm having some trouble finding out any infomation about them as the web link from brca does not work. Went up the track today and nobody racing

does anybody have the correct web address, contact person for the club or a calender of events

Many thanks

Neil T

ashleyb4
17-08-2008, 03:44 PM
I dont believe kidderminster run club days the best person to contact will be paul worsley our BRCA chairman he helps run the club and will be able to help you out.

A

VintageRacer
01-10-2008, 10:01 AM
I dont believe kidderminster run club days the best person to contact will be paul worsley our BRCA chairman he helps run the club and will be able to help you out.

A

What? That can't be right. I was planning to get an up-to-date car and do some club racing but I don't want to be trekking around the country. Kiddy is on my door step. Is there really not enough demand for an occaisional club meeting?

Southwell
01-10-2008, 10:11 AM
Wont there be a winter series?

_sleigh_
01-10-2008, 10:51 AM
indeed there will be a winter series run jointly with Coventry. The dates are in a thread in the Mid-west section.

First meeting in the series is at kidderminster a week on Sunday (12th)

Belsten
01-10-2008, 11:23 AM
can you just refresh my memory on tyres for kiddy please ? Schumey yellows if dry & ballistic green spikes if wet ? Was it pink spikes or pins that are meant to be the dogs danglies if wet ? :thumbsup:

Southwell
01-10-2008, 11:24 AM
Pins will always be supreme there but if their not on the national list then spike will be the tyre of choice. I think it has to be under water/ very greasy for pinks.

Belsten
01-10-2008, 11:26 AM
thanks mate, just have loads of pinks sat around doing nothing :thumbsup:

Chris Doughty
01-10-2008, 11:43 AM
pinks are good round Kiddy until the tarmac goes fully dry, some people disagree with me and say they are only good when its fully wet, but they are the tire that gives more grip on the tarmac and maybe a little less on the astro in the wet but offers a safe tire that has a reasonable amount of grip through all sections of the track

Southwell
01-10-2008, 11:44 AM
I remember in the past we ran losi silver pins in the dry and they were super grippy, pinks will work in the dry but i can't drive them consistantly as they are too grippy.

Kopite
01-10-2008, 11:53 AM
pinks are good round Kiddy until the tarmac goes fully dry, some people disagree with me and say they are only good when its fully wet, but they are the tire that gives more grip on the tarmac and maybe a little less on the astro in the wet but offers a safe tire that has a reasonable amount of grip through all sections of the track

i used pinks on the rear at the 2wd national this year in the finals, they were really good. Could really get the power down on the tarmac

i prefer blic greens in the dry there too, less side bite over the ripply bumps and jumps, safer car to drive

Belsten
01-10-2008, 12:59 PM

spikes or pins Chris ?

Kopite
01-10-2008, 01:29 PM
pins are awesome round there and will be ok at the astro masters i think (i don't think they go by the brca tyre limits), but Chris will be talking about spikes cos that's what we run at the nationals.

i think most of the top boys will still be running spikes during the winter, as it's good practice for the national to get the right setup with the tyres allowed in the nationals (and regionals for that matter).

...although we don't know what tyres will be the allowed ones at the nationals next year :confused:

Belsten
01-10-2008, 01:46 PM
If I were a betting man I would say its going to be spikes. Will probably opt for pins then at the 1st couple of rounds there just to save on cash really as I have loads of them and they arent really used anywhere, now tiverton isnt running indoors. Will go to spikes for the set up for the last 2 rounds there :thumbsup:

GRIFF55
01-10-2008, 02:26 PM
Shuey full sike blues will be you best bet dave!!;):lol:
Nah, i found blickys nice, suited me better than minispikes:thumbsup:

Belsten
01-10-2008, 02:47 PM
I was tempted to try tamiya oval blocks !!!

Any idea who to enter with apart from Tony Meredith ? Ive emailed him twice now with no response :confused:

ashleyb4
01-10-2008, 05:56 PM
Yea there is the winter series but kidderminster dont hold club events on a weekly basis like most clubs do.

A

strobe
01-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Can we use Lipo's at Kiddy.

_JP_
01-10-2008, 09:57 PM
Can we use Lipo's at Kiddy.

what he said, come on I want to run my lipo pack or I'll race 8th all winter :lol:

matdodd
01-10-2008, 10:54 PM
No one seams to know yet :confused: You can run lipo at cov though!
lets just hope kiddy do the same:D

Kopite
02-10-2008, 11:53 AM
a distinctly lower entry if they don't allow it ;)

_JP_
02-10-2008, 04:03 PM
I don't see what the problem is mine is a hardcased reedy.

We have run them indoors with no problems at the club.

shark
03-10-2008, 08:50 PM
Any news on lipos yet for Kiddy

matdodd
03-10-2008, 09:01 PM
I dont think PW will allow them until/if they are Brca legal!
Might be worth dropping Paul an Email

strobe
04-10-2008, 02:17 PM
E-mailed Tony Meredith. Lipo's will not be allowed at Kiddy until after BRCA AGM when hopefully they will be allowed to be used.

niggs98
04-10-2008, 04:01 PM
typical. just as well i havent sold my exposions, opps i mean ib's