PDA

View Full Version : Wide of the B44

Christer Rasmussen
19-08-2008, 10:20 AM
That is the EFRA/IFMAR rules regarding the wide of a 1:10 Off-road car?

I Denmark we have not had any technical inspection for many years, sadly one person broke the rules, in a matter there it was visible without measurement. Mounting Team Losi 2wd front wheel on a BJ4 making it almost 15mm to wide.

So now we had to create a box to measure the cars, and found that all the Associated B44 was 2-5mm to wide in the rear, with Schumacher Yellow Minipin that doesn’t have much rubber outside the wheel. Hole Shot or other soft tires must have an even larger wide.

Our rules are 250mm total wide.

How do you get the B44 narrow enough in the rear?

IceMike
19-08-2008, 04:14 PM
that is the same rule as over here. an the b44 fits in the box with not problems. even alittle smaller as factory settings. dont know y your havin trouble mate i would check the size of ya box again

Christer Rasmussen
19-08-2008, 05:23 PM
Do you measure with tyres or only with wheels?

Gaz_Stanton
19-08-2008, 05:32 PM
Check that box. The B44 is fine in a 250mm box with kit wheels & pro-line tyres.

SimonW
19-08-2008, 08:52 PM
At every regional i have done this year my B44 drags the ends of the rear driveshafts as it is put in the box and has to be forcably yanked out and that is considered a fail. Apparently the car must fit the box and be free moving throughout its entire suspension range. I have been told that many drivers are dremeling or filing the ends of the driveshafts in order to pass at national level, at least 1mm either side. I would be interested to hear what others have to say on this subject

IceMike
19-08-2008, 08:59 PM
my car is built to the manual. an i can tell you that there is space either side of the axels as it goes into he box at nationals. also there is space for the tires 2. not once has it had trouble gettin into the box all year with alot of different tired on the car. if ppl are doin taht to the car then they are deliberatly trying to get the car wider for better handling

SimonW
19-08-2008, 09:38 PM
My car is as original kit, not broken any susp arms yet (touches wood)

IceMike
19-08-2008, 10:10 PM
then check the shims in the hubs mate cos sumat isnt right.

bigred5765
20-08-2008, 01:26 AM
mini pins over hang the rims on the rear unless u trim them on the outside mount,
mount the out side first the the rear,i trim 2-3mm of the outside lip,