PDA

View Full Version : BJ4 slipper

chris68nufc
19-08-2008, 11:09 AM
I have been told how to do the grub screw mod in the BJ4 slipper but would like somebody to post how to do it again as i cannot find the email that i received. I need to knoe sizes of grub screws etc as i am struggling with the slipper backing off.

Thanks

Chris:thumbsup:

chris68nufc
26-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Anybody?

KennyClark
26-08-2008, 09:23 PM
I built mine with the metal t-nut and red thread lock.

Set it to slip before the rear diff does.

Havent had any bother since.

chris68nufc
26-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I know how to do it but there is a way to do it using a grub screw to allow it to be adjusted at least. I have had no luck with the slipper. If i cant find a way to mod the slipper then the car is going. Love the car, hate the slipper!

BradR
26-08-2008, 10:47 PM
I know how to do it but there is a way to do it using a grub screw to allow it to be adjusted at least. I have had no luck with the slipper. If i cant find a way to mod the slipper then the car is going. Love the car, hate the slipper!
Follow Kenny's advice, and make sure you don't bottom out the t-nut in the outdrive. For some time now, we have seen a lot of variation in the Associated springs. The adjustment screw may be tight, but the spring might not be fully compressed. If that is the situation, add a thrust washer between the t-nut and spring.