PDA

View Full Version : Tyre wear in clay

ChrissieL
05-08-2013, 05:58 AM
What's the tyre wear like on clay(2wd)? I'm trying to determine how many tyres I need for this weekends invernational at RHR.

ian h
05-08-2013, 06:26 AM
Depends how much practice you do on Friday, last year I used 3 sets.

Jason A
05-08-2013, 06:56 AM
When I ran at oople I ran the rear tyres for 3 runs in one direction and then span them round and ran them for another 3 runs in the other direction.

If you look at the rear tyres you will see the wear is only on the front edge of the block.

The tyres generally will be pants the first run and will start to get better grip by 3rd run on them as wear in.

Hope I made sense :-)

James
05-08-2013, 07:47 AM
Just as Ian says, it depends how much practice you want to do on friday, but;

Regarding rears - 2wd and front/rear 4wd: If you want to get the best result you can then perhaps a set per day, and if you have any old ones use them for practice on friday, this is what i'll do, then a set for sat and a set for sun.

2wd fronts last for several meetings so only one set of those required.

paulc
05-08-2013, 08:29 AM
Im running 2wd this year Moss Models are stocking 3 or 4 differant Proline tyres for 2wd fronts have any others been tyred round RHRD other than the ribs ?

James
05-08-2013, 11:25 AM
Yes we've tried suburbs, 2wd holeshot fronts and ribs.

Ribs are the best allround tyre. Suburbs might be fractionally better on any rougher areas.

neallewis
05-08-2013, 10:16 PM
Im running 2wd this year Moss Models are stocking 3 or 4 differant Proline tyres for 2wd fronts have any others been tyred round RHRD other than the ribs ?

I ran Proline Scrubs (http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/wheels-tyres/1-10th-off-road/tyres/proline/pl8212-02-proline-scrubs-2-2-2wd-off-road-buggy-front-tyres-m3.html) on my B4.1 last meeting. I preferred them over the ribs, but not much in it really. More initial steering with the ribs, but the scrubs are safer for me.
I'll be running them this time, try back to back in practice, then decide. the scrubs had no wear after the last proline challange.