PDA

View Full Version : TRF 502X Servo saver

kidcongo
07-08-2013, 05:09 AM
Anyone have problems with the stock TRF 502C servo-saver/horn slipping a notch during a race. Seems like the plastic is too soft? Is there an upgrade?

stefke
07-08-2013, 01:17 PM
Anyone have problems with the stock TRF 502C servo-saver/horn come slipping a notch during a race. Seems like the plastic is too soft? Is there an upgrade?

That servo saver isn't without issues, but that is a problem I havn't encounterd yet. It sounds to me you're not using the correct part (number of teeth).

kidcongo
07-08-2013, 02:25 PM
I am definitely using the right adapter, with the right number of teeth. It has happened to me twice, and really throws the race when your car is suddenly 15° off center. Anyways, it happened once, and i replaced the part and then it happened a second time. Not during any huge crash or anything. Maybe just bad luck for me.

taomo
07-08-2013, 03:59 PM
Hi,
I've had the same problem. The "solution" was to buy another #51000 and the hop up #54121. I think that the problem is the servo saver springs that didn't fit perfectly in the Q1 or Q3 part and Q5 (there is a gap between the springs and the Q1/Q3 part -springs are too short-). And crash after crash, the pressure decreases between the springs making them move more easily in the gap.
Another solution is to buy the direct servo horn hop up #42248 or #42249 (but I think it is too aggressive for the servo).
I have the #51000+#54121 and it works fine but sometimes, after a big crash, I need to trim the steering a little.

Best regards

taomo
07-08-2013, 04:02 PM
repeat! Can be deleted

trowta
08-08-2013, 02:08 AM
With today's new metal gear servos you don't need to run a servo saver...:):)

Aussie Top Force
09-08-2013, 12:03 AM
Interesting! I use Sanwa metal gear servos 'S040012C' very fast and high torque. The fit is very tight such that it only seat properly when the screw is tightened. I also use thread lock for insurance that screw won't work lose, being a metal barrel that it screws into as well.

If you extend the EPA EPO settings you can see the plastic servo horn flex to compensate for it being over driven. No sign though of the teeth slipping.

BTW - I highly recommend these servo's too!