PDA

View Full Version : OMG take a look at this....

wacattack
24-08-2008, 08:44 PM
This has to be the dullest form of racing ive ever seen. Just what is the appeal?!?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZb6jaa6l9I&feature=related

cjm_2008
24-08-2008, 08:47 PM
they need to whack a 4.5r in each truck. or make them run offroad :thumbsup:

Crazy L
24-08-2008, 09:28 PM
Yeah, brushless them up, sit back and enjoy the destruction:thumbsup:

ashleyb4
24-08-2008, 09:42 PM
OMG i want one and i wanna do that.

A

mole2k
24-08-2008, 09:43 PM
With a load of power and no grip I think they could be quite fun although something tells me they may be more designed for scale use as opposed to racing :p

YZ~10
24-08-2008, 10:08 PM
they look pretty cool :yawn:

jono83
24-08-2008, 10:08 PM
OMG i want one and i wanna do that.

A
Lol me to !!

terry.sc
25-08-2008, 12:38 AM
Firstly it's not a race, Tamiyaclub meetings are all about having an organised event to run your r/c cars (or trucks in this case) with no actual racing at all.
They are wonderful scale models that really come alive when all the functions are added to the trucks. They are made by Tamiya, in standard form they have a 3 speed gearbox which gets them as fast as a cheap touring car.

Adding the Tamiya Multifunction Unit gives you scale sound effects, engine starts when you turn your transmitter on, sound increases with revs, changes when you change gear and the air brakes discharge when you stop. They can be fitted with a full lighting system with r/c controlled front and rear lights, indicators and working brake lights. Even the fifth wheel can be controlled from the transmitter.

A tractor unit will set you back between £180 and £250, trailers are between £120 and £250, and the MFU that adds all the sound and light features will cost £220 on top of that. Not surprising no one races them, roll it once and the body is scratched.

I wouldn't buy one myself but seeing them run they are certainly impressive. They are very popular amongst truck fans, who usually collect the range, I wouldn't be surprised if the are more of these Tamiya trucks in the UK than there are B4s.