17th Bradley Letham
18th Paul Lee
19th Darren Bradey
20th Ben Chester
21st George Miller
22nd David Foulger
23rd Niall Brennan
24th Kamryon Flynn

Also congratulations to Alec Springer on taking the 2wd championship, and John Myall on grabbing the 4wd championship, its good to see both going right down to the final race of the season, and well done to Danny Conway and Rob York on keeping the pressure on right until the end. I'm sure you will both come back more determined and even faster next season...

Chris Larner
12-08-2013, 05:23 AM
First I have to say that the track at Boughton was great (even though it was my worst days racing for ages).

Second I have to say that I witnessed some of the worst manners and rule breaks again (not saying I'm whiter than white).

I for one am going to give it a lot of thought about if I am going to do the regionals next year.

The main reason is for the constant rule breaks (people not on marshalling points quick enough, people leaving the rostrum, shouting at marshalls etc).

This would be stamped out if the penalties were given as they are supposed too not just saying penalties will be given then doing nothing about it.

All the above is not aimed at anybody or any track in particular.

The introduction of a ref did help but they need bigger balls!

Still a big thanks to all involved in putting on the series and all host clubs.

And another thanks to Boughton.

spindles69
12-08-2013, 06:40 AM
I agree compleatly chis i know i have been a offender but yesterday was pure frustration the marshal that i shouted and swore at has his thumb up his arse when marshalling i have lost points and time in 3 rounds this year due to him and nothing has been done ..
As for refs they cannot do the job properly without a timing screen in front of them and yes they need more balls peneltys where only given at one round asfar as i know ...

I will never race eoe again

Great days racing yesterday,superb track. Took a while to get used to the fake grass but got it in the end.

But the best news is,i have not got to listen to this muppet screaming every five minutes at someone:thumbsup:.
Do us a favour and if you are going to do the EOE next year go and get some anger management treatment.
And next time you scream at your little boy in front of everybody,think of the consequences of doing so.
If you need to shout at someone come and shout at me.

Zipper
12-08-2013, 09:49 AM
Thanks Barry and the rest of the Boughton crew for a great day's racing. It ran like clockwork IMO. One of the best meetings of the season..... even if I did end up with the Chump Cup :thumbsup:

Essexboyracer
12-08-2013, 10:01 AM
I'd like to thank all the people at Boughton for a well run event, and it was a great place to finish the eoe regionals in my point of view.

I personally didn't have a great days racing, as I definitely struggled to set my car up for that track.

I did have a great day however, and look forward to racing again at Boughton next year hopefully!

Congrats to Alex Springer / John Myall on the overall 2wd / 4wd wins

Finally, I'd like to thank the various other racers who have helped me during this regional series with loaned motors / batteries and other bits which I somehow broke on my car.

-Will.

Dufty07
12-08-2013, 10:31 AM
Thanks to all at boughton, I know you were kept busy but the meeting ran great. Well done to Alex and John (Dingo saves the day).
I look forward to next year, IMO the best EOE regional yet. :thumbsup:
Loving the drama, but lets remember....
ITS ONLY TOY CARS .....

JohnM
12-08-2013, 12:08 PM
First off, big thanks to Barry & the Boughton crew for another top meeting at Boughton, always the best part of the year going there.

More thanks to Colin & Ben Hubbard for the rep duties making 2013 the best year so far in the EoE:thumbsup:

Well done to Alec for taking the 2wd title, maybe closer then you wanted it to be?

I'm pretty stoked to have retained the 4wd title, the first using Vampire power, but do feel bad for Rob who has had a much better year then me, next year maybe Rob?

With that being said;

I agree compleatly chis i know i have been a offender but yesterday was pure frustration the marshal that i shouted and swore at has his thumb up his arse when marshalling i have lost points and time in 3 rounds this year due to him and nothing has been done ..
As for refs they cannot do the job properly without a timing screen in front of them and yes they need more balls peneltys where only given at one round asfar as i know ...

I will never race eoe again

James, we've always got along well, but I'm not sure what happened to you this year, but you have not been an offender, rather you have been the offender when it comes to bad language & behavior, you say yesterday was pure frustration with a completely innocent Nic Donovan, so what explains your behavior at Herts, MERRC & a few other blow ups this year?

You have blamed everyone & everything bar yourself on things not going your way, it's no body's fault other then you if you crash & break your car, have you stopped to think about what might've happened if you'd hit my car head on in the last leg of the A when you did your retarded attempt at the triple & it had cost me the title?

As for shouting at Calum:thumbdown:

I suggest next time you feel hacked off, take a deep breath, pack up the car & go home before you make yourself look like a tit, as a few of us have done at some point this year.

JohnM
12-08-2013, 07:25 PM
Can I also ask what made this more dangerous than point 6 where he had been marshalling the qualifying? Surely the cars should be slowing down at point 9 where they would be speeding up at point 6 or do I not understand?

Simple, at the end of the straight the cars are going very quick, with the option that they might not slow down enough for the corner resulting in a huge crash, James in rd1 is a good example.

Cars speeding up are obviously going slower, so any crash should be smaller.

And another point, if you're all so worried about Cal, why did no one report whoever it was that told him to keep his car on the f***ing track at Herts?

Maybe no one else heard this??

And if we're naming and shaming here then let me point out that Nic told Cal that you all need to learn some manners.

Maybe next time you go on a witch hunt, find the facts out first.

Facts, interesting word, fact is Nic said to Cal that James needed to learn manners, fair point to after the way he was shouted at yesterday & that fact is one of your own Facebook posts Vicky;)

Smartalec
12-08-2013, 08:15 PM
I'd just like to say a very big thank you to the Boughton crew for providing a top class facility that is most certainly the best venue in the region by a country mile. The track quality is excellent, its all perfectly maintained, clean etc and was a joy to drive on. Race control, commentary etc was all spot on, the meeting ran like clockwork with no problems whatsoever. Anyone who hasn't been to Boughton is missing out, so get along there people and support this club as they need people to attend to keep running excellent meetings at this brilliant venue.

Thanks and a big well done to Danny and Mark for making it close and also for their wise decision to run the Team C TM2 throughout the year on out very varied surfaces, i'm sure they would agree that there is no better choice of 2wd at the moment.

Well done to John on the 4wd win, sorry i couldn't do all the rounds, it became a nightmare trying to do both on the same day. Unlucky Rob, you certainly had the pace but zero luck on the day.

Thanks to Colin for his work throughout the series, keep it up mate.

And lastly, there was some 'talk' on here before the series started about how i was 'supposed' to be but hopefully, now i've put that rubbish to bed and i'm just a racer like everyone else (i wont say normal lol).

Alec

Juttie
12-08-2013, 08:17 PM
Allways great to hear positive comments about our track I had a great day and even made my first a final.

longsufferinggirlfriend
12-08-2013, 10:09 PM
Ok, my posts have been removed. So I ask again, why is my child being used by grown men to get at another?

JohnM
12-08-2013, 11:44 PM
Ok, my posts have been removed. So I ask again, why is my child being used by grown men to get at another?

He isn't Vicky, James has behaved like a tit several times this year & I'd like to think he'd admit it. People including me & I think of James as a mate, have got rightly fed up with it, the abuse of Nic on Sunday took it too far.

Cal just seemed to be added in somehow & you being his mother has only seen that bit, the old blinkers come on for things like that, my wife is the same when next door moans about the dogs barking!

JohnM
13-08-2013, 06:16 AM
I'd just like to say a very big thank you to the Boughton crew for providing a top class facility that is most certainly the best venue in the region by a country mile. The track quality is excellent, its all perfectly maintained, clean etc and was a joy to drive on. Race control, commentary etc was all spot on, the meeting ran like clockwork with no problems whatsoever. Anyone who hasn't been to Boughton is missing out, so get along there people and support this club as they need people to attend to keep running excellent meetings at this brilliant venue.

Thanks and a big well done to Danny and Mark for making it close and also for their wise decision to run the Team C TM2 throughout the year on out very varied surfaces, i'm sure they would agree that there is no better choice of 2wd at the moment.

Well done to John on the 4wd win, sorry i couldn't do all the rounds, it became a nightmare trying to do both on the same day. Unlucky Rob, you certainly had the pace but zero luck on the day.

Thanks to Colin for his work throughout the series, keep it up mate.

And lastly, there was some 'talk' on here before the series started about how i was 'supposed' to be but hopefully, now i've put that rubbish to bed and i'm just a racer like everyone else (i wont say normal lol).

Alec

Glad you liked Boughton Alec seeing how much we bigged it up before hand, I like to think of Boughton as Spa for RC cars, just need an Eau Rouge style bomb hole/corner.

It would've been fun to have raced against you more, don't want your last memory to be that clumsy last corner move at Colchester:blush:

Still, my X-6 Cubed will be here very soon, so maybe we'll pick it up again in 2wd instead next year??

Oh, and I think Simon Watson deserves a mention for 4th place, or 1st in class after the TeamC boys as I like to think of it!

JohnM
13-08-2013, 06:19 AM
Well done to Alex and John (Dingo saves the day)

Dingo always saves the day, maybe if I'd used it all year, the day wouldn't have needed saving:lol:

rcmodelweek
13-08-2013, 06:57 AM
I like to think of Boughton as Spa for RC cars, just need an Eau Rouge style bomb hole/corner.

I'm working on it.....
The winter may bring changes, not too many though, the track works well at the moment, I don't want to risk altering it, and it not working as well.

I'm planning on holding an end of season "Boughton Raceway GP", probably in September, it may replace the final round of the summer series. If anyone is interested, or would like to see this go ahead please let me know. If I can get enough interest, maybe I could try and get the meeting sponsored, obviously, if only three people respond, no one will want to sponsor the meeting.

Chris Larner
13-08-2013, 07:35 AM
I'm up for it if date is ok.
I enjoyed the track even though me and my car were on awful form on Sunday.

It would be good to return and try harder.

Benh
13-08-2013, 09:43 AM
I'm working on it.....
The winter may bring changes, not too many though, the track works well at the moment, I don't want to risk altering it, and it not working as well. +1

Just the lump at the end of the straight on the inside half. From P2 there is no where to go but over it and straight into last place ;)

nic
13-08-2013, 10:01 AM
Very pleased to be F3 the news has even made it on sky sports news and the daily mail:)

Chris Larner
13-08-2013, 11:46 AM
Nic I think we had better ask Ben to do a re count:woot:

Seriously, well done mate. You always give me a laugh on a race day and that's what it's all about really.:thumbsup:

JohnM
13-08-2013, 11:59 AM
+1

Just the lump at the end of the straight on the inside half. From P2 there is no where to go but over it and straight into last place ;)

Why do you think I picked the outside line for the starts:p

JohnM
13-08-2013, 12:00 PM
I'm planning on holding an end of season "Boughton Raceway GP", probably in September, it may replace the final round of the summer series. If anyone is interested, or would like to see this go ahead please let me know. If I can get enough interest, maybe I could try and get the meeting sponsored, obviously, if only three people respond, no one will want to sponsor the meeting.

I'll be there:thumbsup:

Benh
13-08-2013, 12:05 PM
Nic I think we had better ask Ben to do a re count:woot:

I just re-counted. Whether I stacked them in 4's, 5's, 8's or 10's, those round golden nuggets are definitely £80 and that's definitely an F3.

Please note, in the event of revocation from superior powers - NO REFUNDS!

Well done fella!

Benh
13-08-2013, 12:17 PM
Why do you think I picked the outside line for the starts:p

Selfish! Just selfish. Don't know how you sleep at, erm... day.

Zipper
13-08-2013, 12:26 PM

I'd be up for this.

GrahamH7060
13-08-2013, 12:51 PM
I'm working on it.....
The winter may bring changes, not too many though, the track works well at the moment, I don't want to risk altering it, and it not working as well.

Great idea !! Maybe you could get the Jeremy Kyle Show to sponsor it ??

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

jayropes
13-08-2013, 01:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcmodelweek
I'm working on it.....

Deffo up for this!!!

Brilliant Graham!!!

longsufferinggirlfriend
13-08-2013, 02:37 PM
I've told James what i think think to his face so no, I've not missed the point. I want all references to my taken off this post please

Losi_110
13-08-2013, 03:58 PM
+1

Lol the guy in my race seemed to find somewhere and that was always into the back of my car putting me into last place :rolleyes: lol

But in all seriousness, I had a great day although I will be the first to say I suck on astroturf but would love another chance to maybe not suck as badly he he.

Zipper
13-08-2013, 04:09 PM
I will be the first to say I suck on astroturf but would love another chance to maybe not suck as badly he he.

Really? You hardly ever race and you managed to win your final over 3 legs! You don't suck, you are just out of practice! :thumbsup:

rcmodelweek
13-08-2013, 04:20 PM

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Love it. I'll see what I can do, maybe Oprah will be up for it too....

rcmodelweek
13-08-2013, 04:24 PM
+1

Fair comment, I'll take a look at it tomorrow evening if I go to the track, and address it as required. I liked the bump during quali, it makes you cut in to the corner late, and if you do hit it it upsets the car nicely, but obviously an issue for finals.

Benh
13-08-2013, 04:43 PM
Fair comment, I'll take a look at it tomorrow evening if I go to the track, and address it as required. I liked the bump during quali, it makes you cut in to the corner late, and if you do hit it it upsets the car nicely, but obviously an issue for finals.

I agree with you as well. How about a compromise, a pneumatic lump. (That is in no way connected to the third channel;) )

Juttie
13-08-2013, 04:59 PM
barry you may struggle to get the bump down I thumped hell out of it when we extended the track think only way is to lift track and remove some mud and relay.

Dufty07
13-08-2013, 05:10 PM
I HATE THOSE BROOMSTICK BUMPS

hiya Barry.............

Juttie
13-08-2013, 06:10 PM
sorry carl no amount of thumping will get rid of the broomsticks just suck it up you will grow to like them lol.

Dandare
13-08-2013, 06:33 PM
I could be interested in the GP, unless it's the 22nd Sept :thumbdown:

rcmodelweek
13-08-2013, 11:10 PM
barry you may struggle to get the bump down I thumped hell out of it when we extended the track think only way is to lift track and remove some mud and relay.

That's exactly what I'll be doing!...

rcmodelweek
13-08-2013, 11:12 PM
I HATE THOSE BROOMSTICK BUMPS

hiya Barry.............

You love them really! They may change slightly...... But will not disappear completely.

funkydunkyboogie
14-08-2013, 04:38 AM
Great Series guys and well done to all the tracks and reps that help run the series over the year

After an upsetting start to the year for me and my lad due to very poor attitudes from some racers we stuck at it and the series was really turned around for us! Ignoring most of the comments as I think nearly all has been said I do agree that tougher penalties should be enforced during the race day, ( I.e stop and go's) some of the driving standards witness this year has been terrible and I think this would soon be stamped out, with regards to things said on the rostrum you only have to ask a couple of people to 'leave for the day' before again everything goes quiet!

Someone said it a few posts back this is toy cars! We all want to win but most including myself have to except that we are there to make up the numbers enjoy the day, relax and have fun!

This was my first year at the EOE and there are many memories i will want to forget but we will be back next year

Cheers guys!!