PDA

View Full Version : New to RC

14 crazychris
16-08-2013, 09:03 PM
Hi there I am fairly new to rc but am really enjoying the new hobby. I have owned an my rc car for about 5 months and am loving it. I was looking for clubs in the area and this seems the best! Im only 15 but i see that you accept young members.I was thinking about coming down and having a look but i don't know if my car will be up for the job or that i would be aloud to race it. I purchased a traxxas rustler and upgraded it to brushless. It is a stadium truck and i see that you don't race these. Is there anyway i could have a race around the track or a practice. Also would my car be able to race if I descided to start racing i have a 27mhz controller and i see that you have to change the cyrstals? im hopefully upgrading to 2.4 ghz so that should be a quick fix.The car is pretty quick but im not shore if its up to the job. Any help would be great
Thanks chris

Dudders
16-08-2013, 09:13 PM
Hi Chris,

Welcome.

Right, your truck is fine and ok to race. However truck races for us are only me Thursday a month, next one being this coming Thursday 22nd. So your more than welcome to pop down and give it a run.

You can run your truck in a buggy heat on normal meetings.

We have a full day on the 25th of August as well.

27 on crystals is fine :woot:

Pop down, best way forward.

14 crazychris
17-08-2013, 07:35 AM
Thanks for the reply I might come down after i have my 2.4 ghz controller and new lipo battery's, as i only have a Nimh battery at the moment. Are there any restrictions in racing such as the battery's aloud,motor wheels size ect. Sorry for the questions but im not that experienced.:thumbsup:
Thanks chris

absolute alignment
17-08-2013, 04:30 PM
Hi Chris, don't worry about motors etc, just come down, have a race (just don't drive over our buggys) and have fun. If you need lipos and controllers there are bound to be guys there with stuff for sale and advice to help you out. Best way to see what you need it to race, blag it for a few weeks and see what you don't have and or don't really need.

14 crazychris
19-08-2013, 12:39 PM
Ok that sounds great, hopefully ill be down next Thursday to give it a go.
Thanks chris

Woodbine
19-08-2013, 03:21 PM
Hi Chris,

Welcome to the forums and as others have said just come down. If your looking for a cheap way to get a 2.4 I have a brand new Spektrum DX2L with a Spektrum SR3520 receiver (this is a wheel handset) and I also have a Core- FHSS LCD with the receiver (stick). Both would do you and I can bring them down on Thursday this week or Sunday (The Spektrum is new and not used and the Core is my old handset).

Just let me know and I'm sure we can sort out a price.

14 crazychris
20-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the offer
I think i have already found a controller thats the same make as my car
http://traxxas.com/products/parts/transmitters/6509tqitraxxaslink2ch

But Would it be possible to have a look just in case i change my mind, at yours.
I can't make this week but i should be able to come next Thursday.
Thanks chris

Woodbine
20-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Hi Chris,

We have an all day event on Sunday this week as well so I will bring the two handsets Sunday and next Thursday.

That one you linked seems to be a bit gimmicky with the phone connection etc. so before you buy it come and see what others use.

14 crazychris
20-08-2013, 12:55 PM
Ok that sounds great I think i can make it on Sunday but i only have one Nimh battery and ill get a lipo this week http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Turnigy-Nanotech-4000mah-3S-11-1v-40-80c-Lipo-Battery-High-Discharge-Tra2849-/141033434901?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&var=&hash=item20d63f6f15

Will this be enough to use. Also would you recommend using this battery? What do you use?
Thanks chris

absolute alignment
21-08-2013, 11:05 AM
We will have some spare lipos with us on Sundays if you need them.

14 crazychris
23-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Ok sounds great. What time does it started on Sunday and how do I pay. Is it per race ?
Thanks chris

absolute alignment
24-08-2013, 09:32 AM
8-8.30 ish will see most people arriving and I think it is £5 for a junior for the days racing but please check the website to check.