PDA

View Full Version : Mid West AGM

Jonesy
28-08-2008, 12:32 PM
Has anyone got the date etc... I can't find it anymore :cry: :cry: :cry:

Has anybody proposed any new rule changes as yet? Has anyone got any ideas that may help improve the region next year??

ben
28-08-2008, 12:34 PM
Erm i dont race in your region. But maybe lipo could be considered for next year?

ben
28-08-2008, 12:35 PM
Oh and Ashley as the regional rep:thumbsup:

_sleigh_
28-08-2008, 12:49 PM
No date set yet...

I'm looking at late Sept/ Early Oct. This will give the new Regional Rep. time to settle in before the main BRCA AGM. The only item that can't be confirmed at a meeting this early is the Regional Dates, as the National calendar needs setting first.

No proposals either... :yawn:

Remember that there is really only a small section of main BRCA rules that can be ammended at Regional level.

Main things to consider, that we deal with at the AGM...

Regional Rep.
P.R.O.
Referee(s)
Meeting Venues and number of meetings per class
Tyre Restriction rules
Entry Fees (based on Treasurer's report for 2008)
Trophies (many many, who for etc..)
Other proposals
Generally putting the world to rights.. :D

ashleyb4
28-08-2008, 12:53 PM
Phil is there a restriction of how many tyres can be selected as a control tyre for example are we only alloud 2 or can we have 3?

A

_sleigh_
28-08-2008, 01:00 PM
The Tyre restriction is something our region chose to put in place, and we simply followed the National guidelines that were already set-up.

I'm not sure on other views, but this was discussed at last years meeting and we ended up sticking with 2 types. I have already pencilled this in for another discussion this year.

losixxx
28-08-2008, 02:19 PM
but just remember its not like any normal AGM, the member arn't allowed to vote on what they want!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_sleigh_
28-08-2008, 02:53 PM
You're not bitter or anything are you...

However I do have a solution for you.

Chris for Regional Rep. :thumbsup:

losixxx
28-08-2008, 02:59 PM
You're not bitter or anything are you...

However I do have a solution for you.

Chris for Regional Rep. :thumbsup:

and have to sit through another wise old men's decision time, no thank's:p:D

big crock of shite if you ask me;)

Kopite
28-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Phil is there a restriction of how many tyres can be selected as a control tyre for example are we only alloud 2 or can we have 3?

A

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :thumbdown:

Jonesy
28-08-2008, 03:11 PM
and have to sit through another wise old men's decision time, no thank's:p:D

big crock of shite if you ask me;)

Having not been to an AGM before for the Mid-West I'm assuming I'm missing something here...........

losixxx
28-08-2008, 03:36 PM
Having not been to an AGM before for the Mid-West I'm assuming I'm missing something here...........

unlike any normal AGM the only people allowed to vote on rule change's are club rep's (after supposidly asking club members what they want!) and regional official's ie rep/treasurer/chairman (i think?)....

these club rep's are mainly non racing dad's.....
how these rep's are supposed to vote on something discussed at the AGM without discussing it fully with the people that matter ie actual racers is beyond me.

anybody is allowed to attend and have input into the meeting and proposed rule change's but only a very select few allowed to vote

as i said total crock of shite

Mossy
28-08-2008, 05:13 PM
unlike any normal AGM the only people allowed to vote on rule change's are club rep's (after supposidly asking club members what they want!) and regional official's ie rep/treasurer/chairman (i think?)....

these club rep's are mainly non racing dad's.....
how these rep's are supposed to vote on something discussed at the AGM without discussing it fully with the people that matter ie actual racers is beyond me.

anybody is allowed to attend and have input into the meeting and proposed rule change's but only a very select few allowed to vote

as i said total crock of shite

Chris, every year all you contribute is wanting a 2 day regional to save on weekends throughout the year. If your not happy with the outcome or the processes then dont bother coming. Seems petty to call a regional agm 'a crock of shite'.

Si

bert digler
28-08-2008, 05:18 PM
Chris, every year all you contribute is wanting a 2 day regional to save on weekends throughout the year. If your not happy with the outcome or the processes then dont bother coming.

Si

is everyone attending allowed to vote providing they are brca members or is a proposal put forward then decided by a committee:bored:

Mossy
28-08-2008, 05:22 PM
In past years the only attendance has been from Club reps and those closely associated with the clubs. Im not sure if this is the rules or the norm, but i have been going to the regional agm for the best part of 7/8 years and have known no different. Im sure Phil could clarify?

bert digler
28-08-2008, 06:56 PM
In past years the only attendance has been from Club reps and those closely associated with the clubs. Im not sure if this is the rules or the norm, but i have been going to the regional agm for the best part of 7/8 years and have known no different. Im sure Phil could clarify?

im sure you guys will use some common sense for the good of region:woot:

losixxx
29-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Chris, every year all you contribute is wanting a 2 day regional to save on weekends throughout the year. If your not happy with the outcome or the processes then dont bother coming. Seems petty to call a regional agm 'a crock of shite'.

Si
si perhaps your should stay awake longer during the meeting to see that's not true!;)
not very sporting the assistant regional rep saying don't bother coming!

the way i see it is if your not one of the non racing f1's dad's then you don't have a cat in hell's chance of getting any new rule's passed for the region....
still think its an absured rule that only club rep's and not the actually people it affect's get a say in there region
as i said and stand by corck of shite:thumbsup:

Jonesy
29-08-2008, 09:43 AM
Is there anyway that particular rule can be looked at???

Yardeeee
29-08-2008, 09:50 AM
si perhaps your should stay awake longer during the meeting to see that's not true!;)

the way i see it is if your not one of the non racing f1's dad's then you don't have a cat in hell's chance of getting any new rule's passed for the region....
still think its an absured rule that only club rep's and not the actually people it affect's get a say in there region
as i said and stand by corck of shite:thumbsup:

I can't help but think that you are making negative comments about people such as my father. I take that quite personally- believe me, him, Geoff and other "f1 dads" have done a damb site more for the region than you have or ever will!

You're simply bitter because we haven't voted positively on a 2 day regional and an abolition of the tyre rule!

Wraggy
29-08-2008, 09:54 AM
You're simply bitter because we haven't voted positively on a 2 day regional !
well if that rule came in then you could count me out of doing regionals ...
i know im only 1 person but wouldnt help me out one little bit.

millzy
29-08-2008, 10:02 AM
i wouldnt race in the mid west ego squad any way lol:):)

what ever you guys vote on, you still have to remeber you have one of the best regionl championships there is so dont cock it up

Kopite
29-08-2008, 10:11 AM
defo count me out of the 2 day regionals, the nationals are tiring enough as it is, and i imagine most people struggle to find time to go on a sunday, never mind the whole weekend away

Mossy
29-08-2008, 10:31 AM

If you dont have anything constructive to add then dont bother coming.

I agreew with Tom, without certain 'F1 dads' as you like to call them, there would be very few regional clubs still running.

Si

losixxx
29-08-2008, 10:35 AM
I can't help but think that you are making negative comments about people such as my father. I take that quite personally- believe me, him, Geoff and other "f1 dads" have done a damb site more for the region than you have or ever will!

You're simply bitter because we haven't voted positively on a 2 day regional and an abolition of the tyre rule!

your opinion tom, just like i have mine.....i havent for one minute said they havent done a lot for the region so don't try and say different! ok
and seeing as most of the ''DAD'S'' have been involved in the region probably 4 times the amount i have then it stands to reason they've done more !

what ive said many times in the past WHY should it only be these people that actually get to vote on how WE race?!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!
and for your info i have never tried to abolitsh the tyre rule! just expand it to 3 controlled tyres!

losixxx
29-08-2008, 10:36 AM
If you dont have anything constructive to add then dont bother coming.

I agreew with Tom, without certain 'F1 dads' as you like to call them, there would be very few regional clubs still running.

Si

as constructive as ever si!
nothing against f1's dad's just don't see why all regional members/racer's can't have a vote like any normal AGM

Doomanic
29-08-2008, 11:47 AM
Much as it pains me to agree with Chris :p I happen to think he's right. In "our" BRCA we all get a say (as long as we attend the AGM) so why is it different in "our" region? I think that all racers registered to the region should get to vote at the AGM.