PDA

View Full Version : NE Agm

Cockerill
28-08-2008, 01:04 PM
After seeing Jonsey's thread about the Mid-West one, I thought I'd start one for the NE.

When is it? and how do we go about proposing rules?

I think we should implement a tire rule for the NE as currently when it rains it gets a bit silly with all the different tires people have, most of which can't be bought anymore. What are people's thoughts on this?

_sleigh_
28-08-2008, 01:05 PM
After seeing Jonsey's thread about the Mid-West one, I thought I'd start one for the NE.

When is it? and how do we go about proposing rules?

I think we should implement a tire rule for the NE as currently when it rains it gets a bit silly with all the different tires people have, most of which can't be bought anymore. What are people's thoughts on this?

Tyre rule .. don't do it.... Who are the Mid-West guys going to sell all their old skool tyres too. :woot:

Cockerill
28-08-2008, 01:09 PM
Tyre rule .. don't do it.... Who are the Mid-West guys going to sell all their old skool tyres too. :woot:

Haha, if you know any with some Blue Full Spikes for sale then I don't think we need a tire rule :woot:

Lee
28-08-2008, 01:12 PM
I agree with TC a tyre rule is a must for us.:thumbsup:

_sleigh_
28-08-2008, 01:17 PM
Yeah seriously, the 2 tyre rule has made our lives so much easier.

For the past 3 or 4 years we've had almost every meeting on Sch. Mini's and Ballistic Mini's, which means the whole years racing is on the same tyres (with the exception of Euros)

The only down side, is it means none of the Mid-West guys have been able to fully test the new tyres that are on the market (i.e. GRP, Ballistic Stud, Sch Mini 2) which can only be a bad thing for the Nationals too..

Mike Hudson
28-08-2008, 01:29 PM
keep the rules as they are all the different tyre choices are interesting as many different people have their own combo of tyres, i think its pretty cool and is a nice change from all the control stuff at nationals :thumbsup:. I'm sure many people will be wanting lipo

_sleigh_
28-08-2008, 01:34 PM
THe LIPO thing will very much depend on whether they get approval at the main BRCA AGM. If for any reason they aren't voted in, then they will be ineligable for BRCA sanctioned meetings.

Cockerill
28-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Is that something to do with the fact you bought a load of tires at the last regional Mike?

Nearly everyone I have spoken to likes the idea, but because they have all these tires they don't want the rules changed. I end up taking more tires to regionals than I do to nationals, and regionals are supposed to be a stepping stone to nationals :bored:

We don't have to have 2 tires, but say 3 or 4 to allow most, if not all, of the currently available tires.

I also agree on lipo, but it seems its a decision that has to be set at the BRCA AGM, so it'd need a proposal and to be voted on.

_sleigh_
28-08-2008, 01:42 PM
We don't have to have 2 tires, but say 3 or 4 to allow most, if not all, of the currently available tires.

That's pretty much what I was going to suggest for the Mid-West. We current have a limit of 2 types and this year we were going to try alternating a few meeting onto the new manufacturers tyres. It never happened as venues were reluctent to run tyres that were unknown.

I'd like to see ours changed to 3 or 4 types, giving scope to prove new tyres to the National committee. This might mean we see different tyres at future years Nationals.

footey
28-08-2008, 01:45 PM
TOM i agree with tyre rule get it sorted my freind ;)

ben
28-08-2008, 01:46 PM
Hmm stick with the rule's we have got tom:woot::thumbsup:

Mike Hudson
28-08-2008, 01:50 PM
I think its fun to see what tyres people come up with, the tyres I bought at the last regional weren't particualy useful as the compounds are wrong on most of them but enjoy trying out all the different tyres and not be caged in with few choices, perhaps take some of the silly tyres out that are now really hard to get hold like the schumacher blue full spikes but tyres like the yokomo Tr32 and equivalent fronts are still quite easy to get...alot of new tyres have become available this season and alot of people might like to try them out, so choices may still be widely varied, like to see lots of different tyres used :thumbsup: please don't make it become like F1 it's take some of the fun out

Lee
28-08-2008, 01:54 PM
You say its fun, and it would be if you were on the right tyre but think of everyone who cannot get the right tyre, its no fun for them :)

ben
28-08-2008, 01:57 PM
lol tom well if you want my honest answer its im not to bothered what rules come into play. If there's a tyre rule its going to be the same for everyone. I only run my tractor tyres because i can :thumbsup:

ben

footey
28-08-2008, 01:58 PM
u could limit it to 3 types of tyres GRP SHUEY AND BALLISTIC MINI SPIKES :thumbsup:

Lee
28-08-2008, 02:00 PM
I think you have to limit it to minispikes shane as ben will bring out the full spikes if we just say schuey ;)

ben
28-08-2008, 02:01 PM
I think you have to limit it to minispikes shane as ben will bring out the full spikes if we just say schuey ;)

Haha

Cockerill
28-08-2008, 02:02 PM
perhaps take some of the silly tyres out that are now really hard to get hold like the schumacher blue full spikes but tyres like the yokomo Tr32 and equivalent fronts are still quite easy to get

So basically what your saying is don't allow people to use tires you can't get, but do allow them to use tires that you can get? :bored:

Hence why I said limit it to 3/4/5/6 tires that you can currently buy (TR32's would not be on that list), you'd still have a wide choice, the only difference is people could actually buy the tires from a shop.

footey
28-08-2008, 02:03 PM
i have said mini spikes also its a good idea as people might not have enough cash to lay out on lots of diffrent tyres for them to be sat there

Lee
28-08-2008, 02:08 PM
thats what i like about the nats shane, 9/10 times you can go to the shop and buy the best suited tyre. We should be able to do this for regionals regardless of the conditions :thumbsup:

Mike Hudson
28-08-2008, 02:09 PM
tyres that you can actually buy from shops so fuzz out the shuey blues and yokomo tyres then, making it 4 tyre choice does sound good, current available grp, shuey and ballistics :thumbsup:

ben
28-08-2008, 02:09 PM
Or you come to me lee when u want tractor tyres :lol:

footey
28-08-2008, 02:22 PM
tyres that you can actually buy from shops so fuzz out the shuey blues and yokomo tyres then, making it 4 tyre choice does sound good, current available grp, shuey and ballistics :thumbsup:

as i said earlier:D

Mike Hudson
28-08-2008, 02:38 PM
Or me and ben could do rental on our tyres ;):woot:

AndyM
28-08-2008, 04:30 PM
I think control tyres are a great idea aswell :)

like others have said it removes the big advantage some have over others that just can't get hold of the tyres.

good idea Tom :)

paulc
28-08-2008, 04:44 PM
me too i think it would be lot better having a controlled tyres like the national :thumbsup: