PDA

View Full Version : Awesome club night

cunawarit
13-09-2013, 11:39 PM
Hi guys,

Just writing to say that the club night was a blast! Not only is the Tamiya class awesome... I mean Clubman class!... but it was nice to see lots of people helping to pack up and getting it all done well before 10:30.

Clubman is a blast! Who would have thought that such different cars can run so close! Plus its nice to see some different machinery out on the track even if it is going at a leisurely pace. And kudos :thumbsup: to the Holiday Buggies, they looked really ace! Please, please, please someone race a Tamiya Lunch Box!!!.... erm actually, Paul, don't you have a Blitzer Beetle? Surely that's right up Clubman alley :lol:

Chris56
14-09-2013, 09:04 AM
Really enjoyed myself too - the H2 just keeps getting better, I just wish the idiot holding the transmitter will do the same.

Clubman class was a hoot to watch, perhaps I should get the Shamcar out again?

Lunchbox? I did nearly buy myself a Midnight Pumpkin when Modelzone was closing down - but they were only willing to sell it as a package.

Thanks also to all the people who helped pack away.

cunawarit
14-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Bring out the FF01 :) The more Tamiya goodness the better. It would be nice to have another plastic fantastic tourer out there. I felt left a little left out racing the two buggies... I'm not around this coming Friday but back after that :D

I had a look at Modelzone stuff when it was closing down, just bought a couple of toy grade cars for the kids. By the time I got there everything interesting was gone.

Chris56
15-09-2013, 06:10 PM
well i have been dremelling today so the Shamcar has the correct offset on the wheels and not the standard 180mm Tamiya width. Should now look ok under the Rod Bull body!

cunawarit
15-09-2013, 11:43 PM
Look forward to seeing it looking better than ever :thumbsup:

The Doctor
17-09-2013, 07:06 AM
"a leisurely pace"...? That's offensive towards my curvy feline baby! She rides like the wind! :thumbsup:

Yes, I do have a Blitzer Beetle, but I'm enjoying the Jaguar too much at the moment to race it. Maybe later on in the season it will make an appearance.

Must confess to suffering from some off-road desires recently too, so I may make an appearance in Off Road soon in preparation for the winter indoor series. Haven't raced indoor off-road for a long time, so need some practice.

cunawarit
17-09-2013, 09:08 AM
Haha, yes your XJR-12 is nearly the fastest counting all classes, right? But she's exceptional amongst the Clubman field.

And I do plan to get the Losi 22 out before the winter off road series as well :)

Chris56
17-09-2013, 12:33 PM
[QUOTE=The Doctor;803487Must confess to suffering from some off-road desires recently too, so I may make an appearance in Off Road soon in preparation for the winter indoor series. [/QUOTE]

Monster Beetle!!!

The Doctor
17-09-2013, 03:13 PM
Monster Beetle is up for sale unfortunately. Need to fill a cash hole that's been created by a recent purchase of some saddle packs for the SV2... :(

Feel free to make me an offer!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tamiya-Monster-Beetle-with-radio-gear-box-manual-and-spares-/231053373590?pt=UK_ToysGames_RadioControlled_JN&hash=item35cbdab096

Chris56
17-09-2013, 03:29 PM
Thats one hell of a shelf queen you have there - way too immaculate for the likes of me!

I can imagine the look on your face when I take a dremel to it!

cunawarit
17-09-2013, 03:48 PM
You are selling it! I couldn't part with something like that :)

Nice to see a decent blurb for an RC car on Ebay too, not the usual Traxxas 4-Tec listed as a Tamiya TT01 with a description along the lines of "I don't know if it works, I can't find the on-off switch nor where the batteries go. But I've pushed it around my kitchen and it seems to roll kind of OK, it isn't too wonky. Easy to get going I reckon! Oh BTW, it only has three wheels and it is cracked down the middle."

Can't wait to see how the FF01 and the TT01 compare :) Last time out it drove straight... for a change! All it needed was a big *** wing ;)