PDA

View Full Version : Still racing?

DynaMight
20-09-2013, 07:54 PM
Just got back into RC's and looking for a local club. I emailed but didnt get a response. Is the Weds meet still happening?

Thanks

Paul Field
20-09-2013, 10:26 PM
Hi
Sorry i haven't replied to your email.
yes we are still running our next meeting is next Wednesday. I get there to start setting up at 7pm.
Hope to see you then.
Cheers
Paul

DynaMight
21-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Thats cool, I didnt wanna just turn up if it wasnt happening anymore :thumbsup:

Whats the best tyres to run? anything else I should know? I dont have a BRCA membership yet, is that ok?

Tomk26B4
21-09-2013, 10:01 AM
Schumacher Yellow minispikes and Schumacher cut staggers seem to work the best there

Paul Field
21-09-2013, 07:52 PM
We like our racers to have BRCA membership. But its not essential.
Come and have a go you can sort out membership later.
What car are you running?
I can bring some part worn tyres to get you going if you need them.

DynaMight
21-09-2013, 10:24 PM
I've got a DEX210 RTR. Very much stock currently, been eyeing up a 9.5T motor since thats the max the ESC will take, although the stock 13.5T is much faster than the cars I had back in the mid 90's !! (Losi XX)

I do aim to get a BRCA membership as soon as I can, hoping to get to the Torbay track too, then the Tiverton one next year when it re-opens after winter.

I'll have to double check if I can make it next Weds, but I'm glad to hear its still running. What kind of numbers do you usually get? I'll have to brush up on my lingo so I dont sound like a total noob :p:thumbsup:

Paul Field
22-09-2013, 05:26 PM
You will be fine with a 13.5 at Tipton.
You will need schumacher yellow minispikes for the rear and schumacher yellow slim cut staggers for the front. Kit tyres won't work on our slippery sections.
We average about 10 people.