PDA

View Full Version : My ESC !!!

14 crazychris
21-09-2013, 06:27 AM
Hi guys thanks for all you help so far. Yesterday I received my losi 22 in the post and couldn't wait to get it going:thumbsup:. I ran it one and it went awsome but the second time I accidentally put the bullet connectors round the wrong way and the capacitor on the outside of the esc stated the smoke!:mad:. I quickly removed the connector and placed it round the other way but the same thin happend. My esc wasn't turned on and the capacitor is before the main electronics, so my question is do you think I also cooked the esc or do you thing it can be saved with a new capacitor?
Thanks chris

AJ Roberts
21-09-2013, 06:48 AM
I would say its dead :cry:

dobber
21-09-2013, 06:50 AM
I think you have cooked the capacitor, get yourself down to apex to get another. You can test if the cap has gone by removing it and then testing your car again. The cap is there to smooth out the power.

Most people make that mistake once, don't do it again :-)

14 crazychris
21-09-2013, 07:49 AM
I removed the capacitor and plugged the battery's in. The esc turned on and the fan stated to go the red light also turned on. However when I turned the controller on nothing happend ? Do you think the esc is still ok ? If anyone had a capacitor on them at the race tomorrow do you think I could borrow it to see if it the esc?

Dudders
21-09-2013, 08:00 AM
Chris,

Personally thinks it's gone :(

I have a solution, bring it to the track and we can give it to a local friendly geek who will try and fix it. I have a spare one you can use free in the mean time.

Neil

14 crazychris
21-09-2013, 08:08 AM
Thankyou so much Neil ill bring it down tomorrow thanks again
:thumbsup:

absolute alignment
21-09-2013, 10:46 PM
Thankyou so much Neil ill bring it down tomorrow thanks again
:thumbsup:

Dudders dropped it around to me little chris, so I will get it the track for you tomorrow.

14 crazychris
22-09-2013, 06:35 AM
Thanks I just couldn't belive my luck at least it was only one component of the car thanks. :thumbsup:

Zippy G
22-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Why can't manufacturers put a protection circuit in the ESC???
These things are not cheap so why they cant add a £5 max circuit!!!

The other thing is WHY can't manufacturers have all the battery connectors the same way round, i.e. saddle packs often have their connecters opposite to a different manufacturer. WHY???

Why can't they make the positive/negative connecters a different shape so it can't be incorrectly connected?

When we started racing I blew 2 esc's in 3 weeks:cry:

Sorry can I just answer my own questions and spoil it for you all.

THEY MAKE TOOOO MUCH MONEY FROM IT!!!!

Rant over :woot:

Bernie_W
22-09-2013, 10:04 PM
To make sure I don't connect the batteries round the wrong way I pinch a few drops of the wife's red nail varnish and paint the + terminals red. Never made a mistake yet.

Bernard

mattr
23-09-2013, 06:08 AM
Colour code it all.
And if you can, make the leads the right length, so you can't reach the "wrong" terminals.

(I know, tricky if you have batteries from different manufacturers)

Maximus3d2000
23-09-2013, 10:23 PM
ive done it to two of them now. What esc is it???

14 crazychris
24-09-2013, 06:48 AM
It's a hobbywing EZRUN-60A esc
Thanks for the help :thumbsup: