PDA

View Full Version : STOLEN CARS - PLEASE READ!

Jimmyhindle
21-09-2013, 11:43 AM
Hi people,

Just recently been getting back into 1/10th scale RC cars after almost 15-20 years off! Have had my garage broken into and a couple of cars stolen, both of which I had just finished kitting out and getting set up exactly how I wanted them. I would be very grateful if people could keep an eye out for anything that matches the description being sold (by someone dodgy!) any time soon, probably in the Leeds or West Yorkshire area. If so, my email is jamesrhindle@yahoo.co.uk.

The first car was a Durango DEX410, which I had kitted out with all (literally all - I even went as far as ordering the front alloy Tresrey gearbox hoop from America because it was discontinued over here!) the Tresrey red alloy stuff. It had titanium 'buckles, all the other Tresrey stuff (big bore coated shocks, alloy shock caps, NiTi pivot pins, the lot!) and was fitted with Tekin RS Pro speedo, first gen redline 5.5t motor, Core RC radio gear and battery. The shell was clear, unpainted. It cost me a fortune to set this up, and I'm seething!

But not as mad about that as I am about the other. It was my old Cat 2000 ec with 2 shells, one painted (badly!) with a phoenix on a grey/black background and one clear, it also had all the carbon bits and all the purple alloy bits too, plus titanium 'buckles. There were no electrics in this, plus the lower chassis was the black fibreglass as I had removed the carbon one temporarily to send off as a template to have a carbon tub chassis made. This was the last thing I had to do to pimp up both of these cars, and some scrote nicked them! This one is very sentimental for me, first car I ever owned and I have put weeks or months of time and effort into it over the years.

I would be very grateful indeed if anyone hears anything, or sees anything, if they could contact me straight away and try to get some contact details for the seller. Again, my number is jamesrhindle@yahoo.co.uk.

Many thanks and sorry to ramble on, I'm just gutted about this!

James

neallewis
21-09-2013, 03:12 PM
That's a real bummer James, very sorry to hear. In sure everyone at the local clubs will keep an eye out. Might be worth mentioning it at local shops, like MB models, who may have someone in trying to sell it. Also keep checking eBay.

Jimmyhindle
22-09-2013, 12:28 PM
Yeah, I'm gutted but hopefully may have a "lead" on the thief! Fingers crossed... Thank you for keeping an eye out, and yeah I've called model shops and local cash converters etc...

Time will tell, who knows I may get lucky but if not just have to start from square one :(

Will be down to see you all soon either way, hope everyone is well!

Jimmyhindle
26-09-2013, 08:52 PM
Hi people,

Just a bit of an update, but first thank you all for your kind words, help and advice. I did call some of the model shops, and also the clubs, cash converter shops etc etc, and all were very helpful and understanding. Nice to know there are some good people out there - thanks again!

As for the update, some tools were stolen along with the cars (DIY stuff), plus mountain bikes, road bikes, etc - lots of stuff basically! I saw one of the bikes on gumtree and managed to retrieve it which was a great relief, and nice to see some justice for the perp (at the hands of the police ofc!...). I had given up hope on the other stuff, but randomly popped in a search for the tools, one last time. Result!! Went to see them and there in the very same garage was all my car kit (dissipated across the garage and used, and a little abused, but still nothing a bit of TLC won't take care of!).

The other stuff that was taken is still missing, but I have given up on finding that now, and none as sentimental as my trusty Cat 2000! Such a relief, and that stuff never gets put in the garage again!

Once more, thank you all and hope to see you racing soon!

Keep safe.

Danny Harrison
26-09-2013, 09:06 PM
Hi people,

Just a bit of an update, but first thank you all for your kind words, help and advice. I did call some of the model shops, and also the clubs, cash converter shops etc etc, and all were very helpful and understanding. Nice to know there are some good people out there - thanks again!

As for the update, some tools were stolen along with the cars (DIY stuff), plus mountain bikes, road bikes, etc - lots of stuff basically! I saw one of the bikes on gumtree and managed to retrieve it which was a great relief, and nice to see some justice for the perp (at the hands of the police ofc!...). I had given up hope on the other stuff, but randomly popped in a search for the tools, one last time. Result!! Went to see them and there in the very same garage was all my car kit (dissipated across the garage and used, and a little abused, but still nothing a bit of TLC won't take care of!).

The other stuff that was taken is still missing, but I have given up on finding that now, and none as sentimental as my trusty Cat 2000! Such a relief, and that stuff never gets put in the garage again!

Once more, thank you all and hope to see you racing soon!

Keep safe.

haha nice one, what did you do, make your excuses why you didnt want to buy and inform police where your gear was then?

Tobamory
27-09-2013, 08:06 AM
Great news, the guys that did should be euthanized.

Scum is the word, im sure with that and the police they should be able to locate the rest no ? or at least fine them or something. Im unsure how it works :/

Jim I hope you also told them about that 84inch Plasma in the bathroom that went also ?

Jimmyhindle
29-09-2013, 11:37 AM
Lol :P Yeah, that and the quad bike, Ferrari and personal jet I had stored up in the garage too... Not sure how they got them all started without waking anyone up tho....! I just hate that some people work hard to buy stuff, then others who cba just rock up and help themselves. It's a sad reflection of a minority part of society today, and really does get my goat.

Speaking of which, I had a goat in that garage too - they nicked that aswell :p