PDA

View Full Version : u6720 on road tyre for buggies.

Dave Dodd
23-09-2013, 09:12 PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=804758

Read through the above link, apparently they work really well. Last ages too.
Same price as mini pins.

dicky14
24-09-2013, 06:49 AM
whats the verdict for buggy blitz then Dave?

cunawarit
24-09-2013, 10:12 AM
Last ages? Looks promising for us stingy racers ;) I take it that if we start using these nobody will complain about off road drivers juicing up the tyres... Or will they?

I got a set of bashing on-road tyres for the Bandit... may give it a test on Friday :)

Chris56
24-09-2013, 12:30 PM
I got a set of bashing on-road tyres for the Bandit... may give it a test on Friday :)

Well thats the only way to see if they're any good. If they deliver similar grip to the pins, but without the wear then im a happy man as the H2 eats a set every 3-4 weeks!

I have borrowed a pair but they are mounted on wheels with the wrong hexes and the hole is too small for my drive-shaft (excuse the pun!!!)

The Doctor
24-09-2013, 01:52 PM
I'm readying my SV2 for the indoor winter series (:thumbsup:) and am about to buy some new tyres (Monster Beetle has been sold now :cry:), so I think I'll get a set of each and try them both. Not racing this week, but will give it a go on 4th Oct.

I'd prefer not to have to buy a new set of mini pins every 3 weeks, so if the slicks work then that will be really good. Chris - let us know how you get on this week - can you compare them to your new pins that you put on last week?

On a club night I think we should allow any tyre (not foams!) for off-road, so that our regular members do not have to go out & buy new tyres to fit with a new rule part-way through the season. We could consider this for the new championship from Jan 2014 if we find that they work on our carpet.

For the indoor winter series then I'd be open to introducing a control tyre IF it works on our carpet and IF it's not too late to do so given that we've already advertised the series. Not sure how many people have pre-booked already for this series?

Obviously any rule changes are for the Committee to discuss & agree; just offering my thoughts.

Dave Dodd
24-09-2013, 02:49 PM
whats the verdict for buggy blitz then Dave?

i have updated the rules for the blitz to allow these too :thumbsup:

cunawarit
24-09-2013, 03:44 PM
The Losi goes through tyres like they are going out of fashion. So this is great news :D I'm particularly curious to see how you get on Chris, given the similarities between the H2 and the 22.

The Doctor
24-09-2013, 04:05 PM
OK, great, thanks Dave. Looking forward to seeing how these handle vs pins.

FrogPrince82
24-09-2013, 05:16 PM
http://www.oople.com/forums/showthread.php?p=804758

Read through the above link, apparently they work really well. Last ages too.
Same price as mini pins.

Quick question on these, what are you running on the front if these are on the rear? :confused:

cunawarit
24-09-2013, 05:58 PM
Really good question!

Chris56
24-09-2013, 07:26 PM
Quick question on these, what are you running on the front if these are on the rear? :confused:

From what i've heard elsewhere, they work well with staggers/cut staggers

FrogPrince82
24-09-2013, 07:34 PM
From what i've heard elsewhere, they work well with staggers/cut staggers

Cheers for the info :thumbsup:

Is it only 2wd they've been used on? What were run on the front for 4wd if it's been tried?

The Doctor
24-09-2013, 07:59 PM
Guess we'll be figuring that out over the next couple of weeks, but I had the same question for 2WD. I'd expect less rear grip vs pins, so probably be best with staggers (not cut) on the front. Time will tell...

cunawarit
24-09-2013, 08:08 PM
Dave will you have these in the bag of goodies you take to the track?

Dave Dodd
24-09-2013, 10:27 PM
I will have a few sets of these this friday.
From what I've read so far, they are fitting cut staggers to the front of 4wd too..
It also says that additive is used. Depending on track conditions of course.
I'm putting another order in before friday, so if you want a set let me know. :-D

dicky14
25-09-2013, 06:44 AM
I ran at your club last friday and did back to back comparisons of both tyres, the slicks that i used where quicker over a race distance than pins, they appeared to carry more corner speed, as for the venoms which i will also be using(doing back 2 back with my slicks) we run vertually bald front cut staggers and on 4wd full height cut staggers

cunawarit
25-09-2013, 09:00 AM
Did you have to change the setup much?

The Doctor
25-09-2013, 11:45 PM
I ran at your club last friday and did back to back comparisons of both tyres, the slicks that i used where quicker over a race distance than pins, they appeared to carry more corner speed, as for the venoms which i will also be using(doing back 2 back with my slicks) we run vertually bald front cut staggers and on 4wd full height cut staggers

OK, so that's what I'd expect - running less overall front end grip with these vs mini pins.

Dave - how quickly do you get your tyres in? I'd like a set to try a week tomorrow on the SV2. Also need a set of standard yellow staggers, a set of yellow low profile cut staggers and a set of rear yellow pins. Yikes - but it'll set me up for the indoor winter series.

dicky14
26-09-2013, 07:14 AM
Did you have to change the setup much?
Very little setup change, 2 degrees negative camber on the rear and slightly stiffen the car up thats all, and at mansfield last night slick shod cars took the first 2 places in a final:thumbsup:

Dave Dodd
26-09-2013, 08:26 AM
Dave - how quickly do you get your tyres in? I'd like a set to try a week tomorrow on the SV2. Also need a set of standard yellow staggers, a set of yellow low profile cut staggers and a set of rear yellow pins. Yikes - but it'll set me up for the indoor winter series.

all tyres in stock :thumbsup::thumbsup: except for std staggers as they are no longer available..

Robbiejuk
27-09-2013, 11:57 AM
i have updated the rules for the blitz to allow these too :thumbsup:

You have asked Schumacher if this alright I take it?

cunawarit
28-09-2013, 12:34 AM
They reminded me of these Traxxas tyres:

http://i1067.photobucket.com/albums/u429/gpowerf/Screenshotfrom2013-09-28013141_zpsf725eaab.png