PDA

View Full Version : Friday 4th October, the good, the bad, the ugly...

blue_pinky
05-10-2013, 09:23 AM
The good....43 drivers booked and raced tonight!!!:thumbsup:

The bad....with all the different classes that showed up to race we only got 4 rounds of racing in!

The ugly...the 36 people who thought it would be a great idea to disappear off home leaving all the tables out, all the chairs they'd been using out, and all the rubbish lying around for the few who did stay around to tidy up for them! The early finish you all enjoyed meant the few who packed down had a late night instead...NOT GOOD!

To those 7 who helped pack down, a massive thanks for your help!!!

To those who arrived, raced and left again....

The club, like all RC car clubs, is run by volunteers. This means they are just like you...they've worked all week, have journeys of varying lengths home (mine is normally 45 mins, last night it 1hr 10 thanks to road closures), and also have families, partners, jobs, etc, etc to get home to that night or be up for the next day, and some even have medical conditions to consider.....but they still do it, and like you, they do not get paid for going racing on a Friday night!

So...in future weeks...at the end of the night before you leave, how about stopping to think about helping the club for a minute as we don't always have time to think about asking (though it would be lovely not to have to ask ;)). Help us out and tidy up your own mess and HELP PACK UP! 5-10 mins of your time save the club many minutes in locking up before our strict deadline.

The consequences of this....if you do not respect the club, and help us get locked up in time, THERE WILL BE NO CLUB

Rant over! :woot::D

brian s
05-10-2013, 03:29 PM
just wondering if your rant includes those who get there early for track building so we can start racing at 7-30 ??

blue_pinky
05-10-2013, 04:30 PM
The much longer unedited version of that post included a bit acknowledging people who help set up....your help is very much noticed and appreciated..you personally go beyond and do more than your fair share!

However setting up is a bit of a different job...it needs people to be able to get there early enough, and it takes people who know how, or are willing to find out how...and although it needs some help, it's less of a concern in general.

Personally...and not just because I'm on the committee...as this has always been my thinking...the strategy I would rather see used by everyone is to help to do a bit at both ends of the night as much as you can, because the club needs all the help it can get at ALL times, and it makes everything better for everyone, both during setup and pack down, but especially during pack down as it is far easier and far quicker if we all help!

It took 7 of us 45 mins to pack down last night...it takes 20 people 15 mins or less sometimes to pack down...BIG DIFFERENCE!!!

Brian and few others setting up, and then 7 of us packing down when there has been over 40 people racing...NOT GOOD!!!

Side note...it took 6 of us 2 hours to pack down after microx...with little or no thanks from pretty much anyone...I didn't see many club regulars or locals who raced that weekend helping out then either. We didn't ask for help specifically mind you...and no one offered it off their own backs...either way it was a bit sad, and is another reason we're a bit fed up right now!!!

slimracer
05-10-2013, 08:19 PM
I PUT TABBLE AND SETTEE AND CHAIRS BACK FROM OUTSIDE BUT COULD NOT STAY TOO PUT TRACK DOWN LAST NIGHT AS ME AND WIFE HAD TO GET BACK TO BETHANY LAST NIGHT SORRY

peetbee
05-10-2013, 11:21 PM
just wondering if your rant includes those who get there early for track building so we can start racing at 7-30 ??
Brian, you've been doing an amazing job with getting the bulk of the track down all on your lonesome and if I haven't said it before then I'm sorry I haven't, but I do massively appreciate the hard work you've put in.

Dr Fly
06-10-2013, 12:11 AM
I started racing in a very small club in N.Wales, and if you didn't help setup and pack down, there would be no track, it was that simple. Ever since then, setting up the track and taking it down is always part of my race night, i don't see it as optional. A little more help and we can all go home smiling.

Nobody should take this message personally, but next time you vanish into the night, spare a thought for your club mates who make your racing possible!!

Also +1 for Brian setting up, often he is working away with little help when other are sat watching him :mad:

zoaman
08-10-2013, 07:39 AM
Please i ask is this the correct place to have a rant.ok maybe so,but there are alot of people that dont use this site and dont get told either.If i may have my pennies worth that we do try and get there as early as we possible can, as i do enjoy set up the track. although im not the best at doing this ,whenever i do try 1/2 a hour later people come beind and totally destroy what i have spent 20 min doing.So is it really worth coming early.i dont set up all my items first, we normally help out.
It has been said to me a few time of late that start times have been later and some have been saddened by this.
As previously said some people come and do nothing to help???

Sorry if ive offended anybody but this is how i feel.ps i will be there early this week to help set up.

millzy
08-10-2013, 09:28 AM
keep this simple
Sorry Andy

from a racer what left early.