PDA

View Full Version : Updated Kyosho shock tower mounts - pics

sosidge
02-11-2006, 12:54 PM
(I just posted these on another forum and thought I may as well share the info here too)

As some of you may already know there are updated parts trees out there with more material on the shock tower mounts. These were weak with the original moulding, the updated parts seem a lot stronger.

My advice is don't waste money on the cheap aluminium mounts on eBay, look out for these instead.

First pic is of original part on the rear of my Lazer, second is of the updated part now fitted to the front. Easiest way to tell them apart is that the original part has a "triangle" around the centre screw, the new part does not.

I personally have seen these on LA209 and LA209H parts trees.

jimmy
02-11-2006, 02:04 PM
This is great, I need some of these to be confident running my lazer again. It's been disapointing that its taken so long for this weak point to be addressed. Now, where to find the updated parts.

bretts
02-11-2006, 02:53 PM
Humm, I wonder how you're gonna tell which are the updated parts when buying online if they're the same part number...

Anyway, I've found this at DC Racing.

It's £25.99 :o but it's two parts in one, and looks nice.

Brett

jimmy
02-11-2006, 03:03 PM
nice is that

sosidge
02-11-2006, 03:39 PM
The parts have been like this for some time - and when buying online, all you need to do is ask the vendor to check.

jimmy
02-11-2006, 04:07 PM
I got some a while ago and they were the old ones. I will buy some 'live' next time im at a shop-attended meeting.

bert digler
02-11-2006, 06:43 PM
I got some a while ago and they were the old ones. I will buy some 'live' next time im at a shop-attended meeting.

i have broke about ten of the plastic ones the are crap got an ally one no probs

JonBoy
02-11-2006, 07:01 PM
This is great, I need some of these to be confident running my lazer again. It's been disapointing that its taken so long for this weak point to be addressed. Now, where to find the updated parts.

Hi Guys,

The weak point of the Lazer ZX5 have been addressed by our Team drivers in the early use of the car.
- LA214 "chassis" (new chassis with more carbon composition in all nex box since February 06)

- LA210 "Front Bulkhead set" (Updated since March 06 and in all new kit from April 06)

- LA209 "Rear Bulkhead" (No update, still the same)

- LA209H "Rear Bulkhead" (New rear bulkhead with new design and more carbon composite)

- LA220 "Suspensin arm" (Still the same, 2 holes)

- LA220B "Suspensin arm" (Available sine April 06, more carbon composite)

- LA220C "Suspensin arm" (Available since July 06, more carbon composite and 3 holes)

- LA212H "Center mount and Stifferner" (Available since August 06, more carbon composite)

New: LAW33 "Aluminium center one-way" and LAW51 "Aluminium spool"

and more coming up very soon.........

All parts are available at KYOHSO UK.

John at Kyosho UK

jimmy
02-11-2006, 07:37 PM
I haven't had that much track time this year with the car since I have had the predx10, bj4we, yokomobx, xx4 all taking my race days up for reviews. I'll certainly be getting these updated parts though. Thanks for the info John.

sosidge
02-11-2006, 09:13 PM
- LA209 "Rear Bulkhead" (No update, still the same)

John, I think LA209 has been updated as the box of them I got yesterday all had the new shape parts!

Dave