PDA

View Full Version : 11.10.13 - Booking in for Friday.

Dave Dodd
07-10-2013, 10:41 PM
http://www.wbmcc.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=66&Itemid=73
Please pre book, as we only have so many spaces available.
Thanks

Ps. I'm not any bodies cleaner, so can you bin your rubbish. Thanks

cunawarit
08-10-2013, 08:37 AM
Done, but weird I am in there twice as well as Chris... I think last week's entries are still there.

Robbiejuk
08-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Done, but weird I am in there twice as well as Chris... I think last week's entries are still there.

All fixed :-)

Well apart from the template issues....

Dave Dodd
08-10-2013, 12:10 PM
thanks Rob, again lol..

i need to be quicker at refreshing that page :lol:

cunawarit
08-10-2013, 12:38 PM
I see that Chris has entered the FF01 Shamcar in the Tamiya class :D :thumbsup:

I hope a couple of Minis turn up as well. Allegedly Colin was considering getting his TT01 going too. Tamiya class FTW!

Dave Dodd
08-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Might get abis mini sorted :-D

cunawarit
08-10-2013, 01:45 PM
Cool :D For yourself or for Abi?

Chris56
08-10-2013, 02:11 PM
Cool :D For yourself or for Abi?

I see that Chris has entered the FF01 Shamcar in the Tamiya class :D :

Tamiya class FTW!

It was only a matter of time. After seeing how much you, Chris and Charlie were enjoying yourselves last friday in the Tamiya Class I can't resist having ago myself

cunawarit
08-10-2013, 02:18 PM
It is a bi-product of us all running so close as well as being quite gentlemanly when driving.

Not getting undertaken (yes undertaken, overtaken under your wheels) by a semi-guided missile (sorry pan-car) like used to happen to me in Outlaw last year is a welcome change!... It is quite telling that the TL01 has so far suffered no broken parts (despite some good attempts from my part). In Outlaw I pretty much had to take the thing back in a bin-liner after two minutes of racing, when carbon fibre and alloy meet cheap brittle plastic there's only one possible outcome :(

I don't know how close you will be to us, from what I recall you have a dragster motor in the Shamcar ;)

Chris56
08-10-2013, 06:36 PM
:lol::lol:perhaps somebody should buy a pan car, paint it black and call it "the Undertaker".

The Shamcar vs a TL01 should be pretty close. It has a 13t etronix system in at the moment which is the slowest motor I currently have. When I raced it I was faster than most M03/M05s (had some good battles with Charlie's M05 though) but slower than an M06.

Friday will tell how they both fare though:thumbsup::woot:

cunawarit
08-10-2013, 09:11 PM
I narrowly beat Charlie's Mini when I ran a 15T. But it was way too silly, the TL01 was barely controllable!

I like the pan car idea! If Dave could play this every time it goes on track I'll do it!!!

Z8TtBKAVK_E

Power source? 3S + Castle! Should take me to 100 MPH and kill everything on the track. It'll be a whole lot of fun till a marshal loses a foot... or head ;)

The Doctor
10-10-2013, 03:22 PM
Hey, I have a (home-made) pan car. It's the "Overtaker". :p

No hard full-on arse-end ramming from me though lads! :blush:

cunawarit
10-10-2013, 03:29 PM
No hard full-on arse-end ramming from me though lads! :blush:

noted....

Dave Dodd
11-10-2013, 06:35 AM
Still have quite a few spaces available in all classes.

cunawarit
11-10-2013, 07:25 AM
Still have quite a few spaces available in all classes.

TRANSLATION: Come on everyone, I remind you every week. Book in on-line or forfeit your right to complain when there's no space for you to race. Don't forget that the last couple of club nights have been very busy. BOOK ON-LINE!

The Doctor
11-10-2013, 10:56 AM
People won't do it unless there's a benefit and we don't want to turn people away on the night unless we're already full. We did have 6 heats last week though, which is the maximum we can run in the time available.

So, I think we need a pre-booking incentive (i.e. a discount, or an on-the-night booking fee). We need to start recognising those people that do help to make things run smoothly on a club night (e.g. pre-booking, setting up, packing away, tuck shop etc etc) as we used to. Otherwise it falls to fewer and fewer people that end up feeling taken advantage of.

Dave - this isn't a pop at you mate!

Robbiejuk
11-10-2013, 11:54 AM
Maybe they have been put off by all the talk of arse end ramming...

cunawarit
11-10-2013, 11:59 AM
My post wasn't a dig at Dave either, he already does so much. None of us would be able to race if it weren't for him.

I was simply stating a fact, last week was pretty busy. It is conceivable that some people could be turned away. From my perspective isn't the main benefit that you know you have a sure racing slot?

And Rob... There's no need to keen bringing up the "hard full-on arse-end ramming".

The Doctor
11-10-2013, 01:29 PM
Best to change subject I think...

So, is it "dusty carpet" time again tonight? I think the school used it during the week? I remember I made a complete "car moustache" the last time that happened. :lol:

Dave Dodd
11-10-2013, 03:36 PM
Thanks guys, I know non of this is aimed directly at me :D
There is a large group of regulars, whom the club would suffer greatly if we didn't show up. Gladly and thankfully you all do.. :wub

Hopefully the carpet shouldn't be too bad :lol:

The Doctor
11-10-2013, 04:25 PM
Yeah, we turn up for a good laugh at your racing skills mate! :lol:

Dave Dodd
12-10-2013, 03:38 PM
Haha :lol:
Thanks Paul, I'm glad my lack of driving skills amuse you.