PDA

View Full Version : Simple advice needed

CrashBangWallop
25-10-2013, 09:21 PM
Right. I am in the market for a 2wd buggy which I want to use for a bit of 'bashing' over the local park. Money is not a problem but don't want to go silly for something that might only go out once or twice a month.

So I have been looking at the 2wd options and I would automatically buy an Associated B4.2 but one of my friends said he had nothing but grief with the diff on his Associated and he was leaning towards the Dex210 but from what I can see the diff build is almost the same !

I have seen the 'rtr' Dex210 on fleabay for around £180 with 13.5 BL setup and 2.4 radio. Is it any good ? Whats the spares availability for Durango in the UK ?

I am still leaning towards the Associated B4.2 but cheapest I can get is around £230 for the Factory Team kit.

So I throw it open to the floor. . . Whats a good starting point ?

B4.2
DEX210
Losi 22

Any other choices ?

Oh btw I race RC10R5, RC12R5.2 and Mardave Ministock to give you an idea of what I do currently.

bigt
25-10-2013, 11:17 PM
Just pissin about the losi hands down outta the three

racingdwarf
25-10-2013, 11:19 PM
for a bit of bashing the losi 22 would be a good choice, from the rtr's I have seen turn up at club the package seems quite good and as with all 22's it's bomb proof strong especially at the front end. and the parts backup is very good!

to be fair we have had both the b4 rtr at club and also a durango both were good but the durango setup on track was stunning for an rtr out of the box,the car was quite on pace, but for bashing I would take the losi 22 every time just for its strength

Jason A
26-10-2013, 06:55 AM
Hi mate,

I would personally say go for the Team Durango 210 RTR kit.

I have recently bought 2 of them for my kids and also I know
Many have bought them at our local club as well.

The reason why I am saying get one is because it's an amazing setup to start with for £164.99 you are getting everything you need to start up except just some battery's and charger.

The car is also upgradable with every option that Team Durango do for the DEX210 so your car can grow with you if wish.

As for spares many local model shops stock parts and there is also the option to
Order spares direct from the Team Durango web site.

On the diff side the RTR comes with a gear diff already fitted so there's no messing about and it will only need to have the gear oil changed once in while.

Here's a link to the Team Durango Kit page (http://www.team-durango.com/race-cars/dex210rtr/)

percymon
26-10-2013, 07:05 AM
Durango RTR was available from MBModels for £155 - you won't get anything better for that money (2.4Ghz radio, brushless etc etc etc). Seem to have sold now but they do still have the truggy version which with the bigger tyres might fair better in the park with twigs and tree roots etc..

http://www.rccarshop.co.uk/index.php/race-models/team-durango/td102016-team-durango-dest210-race-ready-rtr-red.html

200sx
26-10-2013, 07:06 AM
I wouldn't recommend a buggy for bashing. Take a look at a stadium truck or even better a monster truck. They are much tougher thanks to the larger tyres. Traxxas are king where bashing is concerned. I have a traxxas stampede vxl for bashing around the local park. It's very powerful on 2s, insane on 3s and in the 5 years I've owned it, the only thing I've broken is the servo saver.

The 210 rtr is a great race buggy but it's no way near powerful enough for bashing. Ground clearance is an issue for woods, tree roots etc. The tyres aren't suitable either.

buggy#0
26-10-2013, 07:51 AM
Pretty much what 200sx said - you would get a lot more fun from a Stadium, SC, Monster or anything other than a buggy. Don't get me wrong, I had a B4.1 RTR which was good fun for bashing, but they really are suited to the track rather than the park.

CrashBangWallop
26-10-2013, 06:58 PM
So the Durango seems to fit the bill but do they do a front axle conversion to run12mm hex ?

The only reason for asking if they do a 12mm hex conversion is I may want to run indoors on carpet using some foams I can get.

I have owned an SC10 2wd and ran it on carpet using the fastrax foams, it was fun while it lasted but sold it after a short time as people were taking the piss with the rules. It was tough as old boots though !

As for the bashing aspect I will be using it in a park on short grass with a rudimentary track marked out with cones for a bit of fun with friends.

Still undecided and would like to see a Durango in the metal. Any shops in Essex stocking them ?

Swell
26-10-2013, 07:20 PM
As for the bashing aspect I will be using it in a park on short grass with a rudimentary track marked out with cones for a bit of fun with friends.[/QUOTE]

You realy will have limited opportunity to run a 1/10 buggy in the park unless itS a bowling green or as good as...

Cheap team c basher rtr kit on ebay about £80 or £90 at least you will be wasteing less brass finding out...

When i saw your post i had the same thoughts as (200) bigger wheels

Lee24h
26-10-2013, 08:34 PM
Dont buy a losi xxxtcr unless you plan to win races and not hit anything

CrashBangWallop
01-11-2013, 10:46 PM
As one of my buddys has bought a DEX410 I have decided to go 4wd - B44.2 !

Should be a blast as the last 4wd car I owned was a Lazer ZXR :lol: