PDA

View Full Version : cut stagger or stagger rib

vgeorge
08-11-2013, 05:36 AM
Hi,
I have a small questions.I race on carpet with my buggy 2wd.
I use to have dboots blockpass, but now i want to try a schumacher tyre in front.
I tried a pair of stagger rib, from my friend, but im not comfortable with it.I want more grip in the front.
So, my questions is,who has more grip on carpet? Cut stagger or stagger rib?
Thank you

/tobys
08-11-2013, 07:01 AM
low profile cut stagger in yellow is the one to try. no inserts.

RogerM
08-11-2013, 12:37 PM
My rule of thumb is this (in order of most front end to least front end);

low profile cut stagger narrow wheels & no insert
low profile stagger narrow wheels & no insert
Mini spike wide wheel & insert
low profile cut stagger wide wheel and insert

I find the stagger rib, in any form, to be best on tracks where the surface is of a relatively similar grip level all round the lap.

As soon there are significant sections at different grip levels I go to Mini Spike fronts as I find they match the rear end performance more consistently over the different surfaces. Staggers, all types, sometimes work better than the rears causing the car to be unstable and other times don't work as well and the car understeers too much.

Hope that helps.

FrogPrince82
08-11-2013, 01:05 PM
+1 Found the same too

I find the stagger rib, in any form, to be best on tracks where the surface is of a relatively similar grip level all round the lap.

As soon there are significant sections at different grip levels I go to Mini Spike fronts as I find they match the rear end performance more consistently over the different surfaces. Staggers, all types, sometimes work better than the rears causing the car to be unstable and other times don't work as well and the car understeers too much.

Hope that helps.

vgeorge
08-11-2013, 02:24 PM
Im using Blockpass from Dboots, and i;m very comfortable with it.
But, i also want to try something different.I made a few laps with stagger rib, low profile, the tyres were new, but i think that they have almost the same grip as my old blockpass.
But now i will buy cut stagger and try them.
Thank you for helping me.