PDA

View Full Version : VRC oOple Races :)

Alan Reeves
11-11-2013, 06:33 PM
Don't know if your all aware but there is an oOple VRC club!
Where oOple members can come together and race online! How cool is that?

As some of you may already know I have taken over from Andy Grason as club manager and have been holding monthly races, its close at the top this month but with only 4 racers I thought I'd drum up a bit of interest on here.

Here are the current standings, Quite good for me considering Bryan is a regular at EOS ......

http://www.vrcworld.com/events/results.aspx?event=7275&sort=real#detail

With free to play option now there really is no reason for you not to give the simulator a try

Check out http://www.vrcworld.com/account/register.aspx?agreement
For system requirements and download details :)

stegger
11-11-2013, 07:45 PM
I'll have to get on this, I bought the adapter a while back.

Alan Reeves
11-11-2013, 07:52 PM
I'll have to get on this, I bought the adapter a while back.

Hi mate, Do it! You know it makes sense :D

RogerM
12-11-2013, 08:26 AM
What do you guys race? Any decent setups? I used to use it a lot but got bored of just "practice" and never managed to make the big-dumb-trucks handle at all like I wanted so kind of gave it up.

bpwain
12-11-2013, 10:09 AM
Just joined the oople club, but I'll second what RogerM said.... I've not used it for months for the very same reason

Alan Reeves
12-11-2013, 12:52 PM
The stock 13 turn car really has very little to change, the mod is a different story!
If your struggling I can send you some of mine, or you can search the track tips posted on the site, there are plenty to choose from there.

Maybe we could organise a multi player session, all we need to do is set a day and time and do some real time racing :)

My connection and pc will allow me to host a race of upto 7 people at any one time.

birdy
12-11-2013, 02:58 PM
Is this how you have been getting quicker on the track Alan?

Was impressed with your speed on Sunday, just the mistakes that let you down I think.

I'm on VRC, will try and get on for a game soon.

Alan Reeves
12-11-2013, 07:45 PM
I think the biggest influence to my lap times on Sunday has been changing back to Durango!

I didn't get on with the other car at all tbh, hence I've not done any racing this year! Can only see me getting quicker as I get used to it :)

VRC is a bit of fun, I can race people from all around the world, and for sure it must help hand eye co-ordination, time will tell. I think I need to run more with the real car to get a better idea.

RogerM
13-11-2013, 12:25 PM
What class do you race on VRC Alan, big dumb truck stock?

Alan Reeves
13-11-2013, 02:17 PM
Trucks mostly, either mod or stock, I do play the onroad cars in multi player just depends who's racing what at the time.

jaank
13-11-2013, 02:19 PM
IMO the ugly cardboard box on the wheels is a pointless class,
but the 1/10 EP is damn great. I have improved a lot over the time.

Alan Reeves
03-12-2013, 04:05 PM
In response to the above I have added a tc class race to this months events :)

So for December we have 2 online competitions...

1. a 2 stage sc event on Silver Dollar Raceway, qualifying is running currently until Dec 14th then finals will run until the end of the month,

2. a 10th ep tc on the vrc carpet 1 track, this is an open event running until the end of the month where ftq takes all.

I have had a run in each, see if you can beat me :p

to give you guys some sort of benchmark I am f3 standard 10th offroad driver in real life.

Hope to see some of you online soon :)

Alan Reeves
08-12-2013, 09:43 PM
Close racing this month in the boring car class with just about 0.05 of a second separating the top 2 after 24 laps,

lets see more of you racing :)

PaulRotheram
16-12-2013, 04:15 PM
got my VRC Sub again, and ive asked to join the oople group!

I'm very tempted on the unlimited sub deal theyre doing.. just not a good time of year for it!!

Dodgy Guy
16-12-2013, 04:24 PM
got my VRC Sub again, and ive asked to join the oople group!

I'm very tempted on the unlimited sub deal theyre doing.. just not a good time of year for it!!
I purchased the unlimited deal at the weekend and received an email from vrc pro saying over 500 of the 1000 places have already gone.
I think they will sell the rest of the spaces quick once buggies arrive this Wednesday.
Don't miss out mate.

Dodgy Guy
16-12-2013, 06:53 PM
Silver Dollar IFMAR WC '13 has been released and is free I think.
Great track!

stew_zs
16-12-2013, 07:13 PM
Just joined the oople guys on vrc !!! The new track is great I must admit very hard to get right tho !!!

PaulRotheram
16-12-2013, 07:29 PM
Silver Dollar IFMAR WC '13 has been released and is free I think.
Great track!

I was SO excited when I saw this!! I've been on there most of the evening, great track but the jumps on the back section are super hard!

stew_zs
16-12-2013, 07:59 PM
Know what your saying Paul !!! How ever hard I try I can't get the angle or the pace to clear it like the fast boys are !!! I see on the video some guy on 5 laps

Dodgy Guy
16-12-2013, 09:51 PM
I think it will be better with the 1/8th buggy. The sc trucks are a bit clumsy.

jaank
16-12-2013, 11:21 PM
Silver Dollar is great. IMO they have finally worked out a realistic grip level and it's so much fun.

RogerM
17-12-2013, 12:41 PM
I should probably get around to turning my PC on for the first time in december (and possibly Novemeber) and give this a go then...... just how to find teh time :(

Definitely looking forward to the 1/8th buggies

GRIFF55
17-12-2013, 06:19 PM
How much is this vrc sim?

stew_zs
17-12-2013, 09:37 PM
Griff it's free to play but if you want better cars and buggies then you have to pay 12 a month roughly or a one off ultimate offer off 150 euro for lifetime unlimited !!! Check the vrc world website and sign up !!! Great for these cold nights and practice !!!

On another note guys managed a sub 35 second lap on the new silver doller track tonight !!! Only the one mind !!! God knows how they get 31's !!! Lol

Allan1875
17-12-2013, 10:00 PM
Just renewed my sub for 1/8th Buggy, see you there. :thumbsup:

stew_zs
18-12-2013, 05:50 PM
Buggies are out !!!! Awesome !!! Hard tracks tho

James
19-12-2013, 01:14 PM
Doesn't work on mac does it?

Joe_K
19-12-2013, 01:21 PM

It does with BootCamp, and quite well apparently. Stefan Chodzynski is running it on his iMac. This from him on the VRC Forum:

Hi Guys,

So it has been a while since I played VRC after not having the computer power in the past to play the game properly (The feeling always felt a little slow).

However last night I installed VRC onto my 2013 iMac running windows 7 in Bootcamp and the game works awesome!! With Vysnc turned off I am managing on average 320-380fps on the in game frame rate display

The imac is the 2.9GHz model with Nvidia GeForce 750M graphics processor.

If some guys are on Mac and are considering installing windows to play VRC it is very much worth it!! :D

PaulRotheram
19-12-2013, 07:58 PM
Silver Dollar is great. IMO they have finally worked out a realistic grip level and it's so much fun.

not sure I agree with that!

Anyone ive spoken to who was at the worlds all said the grip level was very high, yet on VRC its loose and loamy!

the 1/8th is very good, just not enjoying the general low grip level.

2-alex-2
19-12-2013, 08:31 PM
never noticed this topic before. been playing vrc before pro was introduced and now playing vrc pro since beta as i was invited to join them in testing. since day one of vrc pro is had been great and just gets better. if there is any flaws you come across feel free to let me know and i can pass on any info and will get adjusted quicker than on their forum. and of course anyone wanting to go online and race then post up on here will check here first from now on.

Danny Harrison
10-01-2014, 01:52 PM
never noticed this topic before. been playing vrc before pro was introduced and now playing vrc pro since beta as i was invited to join them in testing. since day one of vrc pro is had been great and just gets better. if there is any flaws you come across feel free to let me know and i can pass on any info and will get adjusted quicker than on their forum. and of course anyone wanting to go online and race then post up on here will check here first from now on.

I was loving sct's for a couple of month december 2012 - jan 2013

Just re subscribed for the buggies. Awesome is all I can say.

Any challengers? Smashing it for the brits!

http://www.vrcworld.com/tracks/results.aspx?track=68&class=27#detail

fzr phil
10-01-2014, 11:06 PM
Hi
I had another go with this over xmas, had the vrc adapter for years now. really like the 1/8th buggy but very hard (and expensive) to set up with so many options/ tyres.
big problem is my ageing pc (like my R/C cars!) in 1/8th am struggling to get over 20fps, am barely over minimum specs - nforce2 xp3200+ 2GB, 256Mb fx6200. am in the process of cobbling a new system together from ebay bargains, nforce4, AMD 64 xp3700+, nforce 4, 2x geforce9600GT sli cards.... hope to get a windows install done this weekend and hope for some improvement in fps!
Also love the 1/12th of course! and made 75% track time in my last TC round.
Phil

danmurphy
11-01-2014, 12:36 AM
Loving vrc at the moment. Hoping that they get onto the 10th electric buggies very soon, the sct are great fun but not quite the same as buggies. I also have to agree about the low grip levels of most of the off road tracks.
It is a great learning tool for the sport but I wish there were more high grip tracks for off road.

Danny Harrison
11-01-2014, 11:53 AM
Hi
I had another go with this over xmas, had the vrc adapter for years now. really like the 1/8th buggy but very hard (and expensive) to set up with so many options/ tyres.
big problem is my ageing pc (like my R/C cars!) in 1/8th am struggling to get over 20fps, am barely over minimum specs - nforce2 xp3200+ 2GB, 256Mb fx6200. am in the process of cobbling a new system together from ebay bargains, nforce4, AMD 64 xp3700+, nforce 4, 2x geforce9600GT sli cards.... hope to get a windows install done this weekend and hope for some improvement in fps!
Also love the 1/12th of course! and made 75% track time in my last TC round.
Phil
id recommend getting a radeon r7700 gfx card. Only 77 quid on ebay and very good. I have a 5770 in mine which easily does 60fps on high settings, 1080 etc and the 7700 is a good upgrade for me.

The game is very cpu intensive so a quad core is also a good idea. q6600 cpu can be had for under 60 quid too.

Danny Harrison
11-01-2014, 12:06 PM

Easiest way is to use 'wine' software. Here is a good tutorial.
http://mobile.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/game/3372413/how-play-windows-games-on-mac/

fzr phil
11-01-2014, 11:38 PM
Thanks for the advice.
will see how this lot works out, and hopefully will still have a bit of headroom for improvement before ultimately getting a more modern system.
have struggled to get the windows working so far, but have got linux mint to install. funnily enough that has WINE as well. if i can get the VRC working through that it would be great!
Cheers
Phil

Alan Reeves
13-01-2014, 03:49 PM
Had a quick go, close but no cigar :) I bet with a bit of practise I could get there though :p be nice to see you enter some of the oople races Danny :thumbsup:

I was loving sct's for a couple of month december 2012 - jan 2013

Just re subscribed for the buggies. Awesome is all I can say.

Any challengers? Smashing it for the brits!

http://www.vrcworld.com/tracks/results.aspx?track=68&class=27#detail

Alan Reeves
13-01-2014, 03:51 PM
This one is my claim to fame, look at the names around me! :eh?:
http://www.vrcworld.com/tracks/results.aspx?track=95&class=26#detail

Alan Reeves
13-01-2014, 03:53 PM
oOplers are holding 3 race events this January.. see you all track side :thumbsup:

danmurphy
13-01-2014, 04:04 PM
The next official events for Short Course Mod and Stock are at IBR Padova, so get practicing!

http://www.vrcworld.com/tracks/results.aspx?track=107&class=26

Robbiejuk
13-01-2014, 05:16 PM
The next official events for Short Course Mod and Stock are at IBR Padova, so get practicing!

http://www.vrcworld.com/tracks/results.aspx?track=107&class=26

Nice job on the tenth overall dude. 29th for me because I missed the finals :(

Robbiejuk
13-01-2014, 05:20 PM
oOplers are holding 3 race events this January.. see you all track side :thumbsup:

Will have to hook up on those, is the same as entering a normal event, just go to events in VRC and find them there?

Alan Reeves
13-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Yes, just like that :) see you there :thumbsup: