PDA

View Full Version : Team Xtreme

xfactor
15-11-2013, 06:04 PM
Hi all,

I've been trying to contact Team Xtreme but no answer the phone just rings, has the number changed as i need a few bits.

Thanks.

paulj
15-11-2013, 06:38 PM
From previous experience with contacting Team Xtreme I would suggest this is normal, if they are busy in the workshop it's tough to get hold of them. Try their facebook page you might get a response from that.

xfactor
15-11-2013, 07:30 PM
Ok cheers Paul.

RDG 40
16-11-2013, 07:58 PM
Drop rc penguin a message on here

Normally good tbh just bear with them

burgie
16-11-2013, 09:30 PM
If it's pred stuff you need, I have loads of x10/x11 stuff....

xfactor
16-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Hi guys,

I have pmd rc_penguin but waiting a reply.No its not pred its Vega bits.

Thanks guys.

cryer-evo
21-11-2013, 11:49 AM
If it's pred stuff you need, I have loads of x10/x11 stuff....

Hi there could you pm me what parts you have for the pred x11 only thanks

CARB
02-12-2013, 06:49 PM
I ordered some bits for a DEX210 over a week ago using the online shop, nothing yet over a week.
no answer to phone, email so do those guys sell much?
waiting for a reply
Neale Carbis

martin so16
02-12-2013, 08:01 PM
I ordered some bits for a DEX210 over a week ago using the online shop, nothing yet over a week.
no answer to phone, email so do those guys sell much?
waiting for a reply
Neale Carbis

click on there facebook site mate its the only way i could get a reply

RDG 40
02-12-2013, 10:02 PM
Yuoll not get a reply there awful! In same boat 3 weeks!

pugboy
05-12-2013, 04:30 PM
Have they ceased trading? the number is saying not available.

RDG 40
05-12-2013, 05:22 PM
They claim moving premises, we will c i spose

CARB
06-12-2013, 02:29 PM
hi
just had two of my three items delivered one put on back order, needless to say they took MY MONEY for the three, I two have called them and got the number out if service BT answer message, guess that means the have gone out of business.

if they are moving how come nothing said on here, this is the communication age do they know this, email, text, phone, Internet.

For three parts ordered on the 28 November to getting two on the 6 December that's what I call poor and being charged almost £3.00 for p+p.

I am so glad I did not buy one of their cars

discothesnake
06-12-2013, 03:15 PM
Didn't they move premises last year?

Seems to be a recurring theme on here. Saying that, in the few times i have used them they have been fine.

Cant take peoples money and not deliver. :thumbdown:

Ron Burgundy
06-12-2013, 09:41 PM
Dont dare bash these guys... Haha how dare you expect to get what you pay for! You'll get it when they feel like giving it to you. Who do you think you are!!

Where are the usual suspect supporters? ;)

xfactor
06-12-2013, 10:01 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA Classic

Dyna
06-12-2013, 10:09 PM
Have to say I'm disappointed too.

I expected Ron to reply much earlier in the thread. :woot:

andoiwebb
07-12-2013, 08:09 AM
I can't find out any info whatsoever. Hello, anybody there????

Ron Burgundy
07-12-2013, 09:48 PM
Have to say I'm disappointed too.

I expected Ron to reply much earlier in the thread. :woot:

Its like flogging a dead horse mate, its become too easy and not much point saying anything.

Just like previous predator customers (me) all customers are hung out to dry.

Dyna
07-12-2013, 10:17 PM
Actually, sad to say but i kind of agree with you Ron.

I love all my Preds and Vega's. But communication is the be all and end of business, if you don't have that then how can you trust them or have motivation to support them long term ?

If they were moving premises or their phone was having problems for example, a quick post on their website or facebook or here would have sorted it all out. There certainly does seem to be something going on if their number is unavailable. And i haven't had a reply to my e-mail enquiry either. People are pretty understanding with business problems these days as we all know its tough, but only as long as they are informed of whats going on somehow - phone, e-mail, website, facebook, carrier pigeon, whatever.

But nothing.

Such a shame. The Pred can still be competitive, mine is. Ditto the Vega's. But without good communication, support and knowing you can get spares within a reasonable time frame, they will die for good.

discothesnake
08-12-2013, 09:37 AM
There hasn't been anything on their Facebook page for a long time either. Looks like they could be out the game which is a shame as there is loads of people out there with their products.

franki
08-12-2013, 08:13 PM
As one of the biggest defenders if them in the past ! This happens to much ! Sure they can't be moving again ? But if it's the case just say

burgie
09-12-2013, 08:29 AM
I too have been trying to contact them - lots.

I bought a load if pref parts off them to sell via the-pred website and they didn't/wouldn't issue an invoice. They didn't reply to any correspondence.

Funny, because when I was negotiating the sale with them, they were very helpful.

franki
09-12-2013, 07:48 PM
None of this sounds good ! All they have to do is pop on this site and fb !

xfactor
09-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Agree with Franki, just a message one way or other, thing is xtreme have been on here since i posted this 4 weeks ago and nothing not good :thumbdown:

adey
09-12-2013, 10:58 PM
Even if they haven't gone and are just moving I think they have upset too many people. They have no credibility left. Great products they maybe but who will buy from them now anyway.

Ron Burgundy
10-12-2013, 07:36 AM
You have all been treated like complete idiots. how does it taste now.

I was flamed, shot down and abused for pointing out inadequacies in their customer service or support for the predator in one particular thread.

franki
10-12-2013, 07:59 AM

I was flamed, shot down and abused for pointing out inadequacies in their customer service or support for the predator in one particular thread.

Hi Ron, I understand your point at the time I was defending them I'd never had any problems.

Seems you had the measure all along such a shame though great cars

Good luck to every one trying to get bits

Ron Burgundy
12-12-2013, 10:26 AM
haha tumbleweeds are blowing through this thread..... total silence *crickets*

fantastic.... seems not only did they make themselves look stupid, but also the ardent supporters willing to throw themselves on the grenade.

dobber
12-12-2013, 10:59 AM
If the company have gone under then i think your comments are all in rather bad taste. There could be peoples livelihoods, careers and business' gone here and all you can do is make pathetic childish quips about them. Grow up, deal with it and move on.

What i do think needs to happen is some communication or announcement from them, although there may be legal reasons why they are unable to, who knows but something would be good.

Chrissy Boy
12-12-2013, 08:26 PM
If the company have gone under then i think your comments are all in rather bad taste. There could be peoples livelihoods, careers and business' gone here and all you can do is make pathetic childish quips about them. Grow up, deal with it and move on.

Completely agree with dobber, perhaps it is time to stop the snide remarks and look at the bigger picture?

Rebelrc
12-12-2013, 09:35 PM
Its like flogging a dead horse mate, its become too easy and not much point saying anything. They are making aircraft grade alloy milled nails to drive into their overpriced milled alloy coffins.

Just like previous predator customers (me) all customers are hung out to dry.

Fantastic reading and couldnt happen to a nicer bunch of morons.

Completely below the belt and disgusting as per normal Ron
Hope you have a great weekend

Ron Burgundy
13-12-2013, 08:59 AM
They are there to provide a service. A service which they are paid for. Hence the reason it is called business.

Ron Burgundy
13-12-2013, 09:08 AM

What i do think needs to happen is some communication or announcement from them, although there may be legal reasons why they are unable to, who knows but something would be good.

I totally agree with some of your comments so to clear things up, many apologies for my comment.

dobber
13-12-2013, 09:10 AM
They are there to provide a service. A service which they are paid for. Hence the reason it is called business.

And what your putting on this thread is the work of an internet troll.

Your comments at times dont help or add any value to the thread in any shape or form.

Ron Burgundy
13-12-2013, 09:17 AM
Dont get carried away my friend.

if you have a problem with me, you have a problem with all of the threads started regarding this type of thing and this type of problem.

How about all of the previous people in this thread, making their opinions known, as that is what a forum is for, do you suggest their opinions are also "trolling" and having no particular use?

Or just me?

Ron Burgundy
13-12-2013, 09:24 AM
How about paying for something and expecting something in return? do you have a problem with that?

People have come on here is a LAST RESORT as they have felt like they have no choice. Is that a problem for you? are they "trolling" also?

Im interested to know your take on what is "trolling", what is "bad service" and what a business is actually there to do.

Take JE Spares as an example. They initially went out of business (and thank god they have returned) but people could not speak highly enough about them, they provided a service, one in which people gladly paid extra for. My point is, they did an amazing job, went out of business and all were devastated. They were inundated with support and well wishes. There was TOTAL communication and TOTAL knowledge from paying customers.

adey
13-12-2013, 11:26 AM
Ron burgundy has a point. They certainly could of communicated better with customers who were/ are waiting for their purchases.

dobber
13-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Ron, as stated some of your comments go too far without actually thinking about the bigger picture. However.......i do agree on some of your points. I too find it difficult to understand why they would not take 5 mins to post on here as to what is going on, so in that i take your point.

This type of comment
"

"

Is not required! :p

NeilD
13-12-2013, 12:16 PM
Ron, as stated some of your comments go too far without actually thinking about the bigger picture. However.......i do agree on some of your points. I too find it difficult to understand why they would not take 5 mins to post on here as to what is going on, so in that i take your point.

I think, rightly or wrongly, that Xtreme are simply rubbish at running a business. Yes, they make good products but running a business is so much more than that. It's not only about selling items but providing after sales support (or even supplying paid for items in Extremes case) and building a good relationship with customers. Ignoring emails, posts on social media and phone calls is not only rude it's a great way to get a bad reputation quickly. I know Xtreme have previously posted reasons/excuses for not replying however it always seems to come back to this point time and again. If they have gone bust then that's a shame, but no surprise, and I hope all their customers get a full refund although If they can't be bothered to speak to their customers I think they'll be fortunate to see any refunds.

mattr
13-12-2013, 02:05 PM
There are plenty of examples of businesses with good products and poor customer service going to the wall, just as there are plenty of examples of substandard products being successful on the back of excellent customer relations.

You have to have a REALLY good product to succeed when you ignore your customers!

DCM
13-12-2013, 02:07 PM
As much as I find this type of thread about Team Extreme amusing, as they do crop up often, but suggesting or wondering if they have gone out of business is a little out of order, until otherwise stated, they are still trading (albeit not communicating, selling or supporting to their customer base).

If people are unhappy, buy a different brand, shouting on here don't really do any good when it comes to this manufacturer.

Dyna
13-12-2013, 03:27 PM
As much as I find this type of thread about Team Extreme amusing, as they do crop up often, but suggesting or wondering if they have gone out of business is a little out of order, until otherwise stated, they are still trading (albeit not communicating, selling or supporting to their customer base).

Sorry Steve, but i dont agree. If you are not communicating, selling or supporting your customer base then you are only still trading on paper, not in actuallity.

So in that case I think people who have sent them money, ordered parts and who want to order off them have a right to know if they are still in business, selling the business, moving premesis or whatever's happening - I want Pred parts, i have money to spend right now, but no way would i send them money atm until i know whats what.

And as TE e-mails and phones arent being answered, this is about the only place left to talk about it. It's what forums are for anyway. Ok, i personally think Ron came across far too harsh earlier - espeically when your talking about someones livelyhood - but thats his view, not necessarily everyone else's.

The rest of us just want some simple information as to what's going on so we can keep supporting the brand - you yourself know im a huge Predator and Vega fan - safe in the knowledge we are going to get parts in a reasonable time and not potentially lose our money.

I dont think thats too much to ask for ?

DCM
13-12-2013, 04:15 PM
No, it isn't to much to ask for to be honest Matt, and I fully agree, I am just uncomfortable of people talking of a business being closed when possibly it isn't, as most who are into their RC Cars fully know, Team Extreme must live on another planet 95% of the time and only come on here when they must have bills to pay so need to sell something.

Either that, or it is one hell of a weird marketing policy...... Maybe Lewis is treating his customers like a girlfriend, 'treat them mean, keep them keen'.... :thumbsup:

racingdwarf
13-12-2013, 04:57 PM
Threds like this are never good for buisness, IF they are still going I would have thought one of them would have posted on here to put this thred to bed a long time ago. Rc is a small world and things like this can do loads of damage. professional business never let anyone know,all is well right up to the official very public statement saying our doors are closing. Just as JE did.

If they have gone, It's a shame,the vega products are second to none, I feel very sorry for the guys as small business isn't just a job, it's your life and in most cases every penny you have. But that said treating people\customers like this will make you no friends in the coming months.

willy sanker
13-12-2013, 09:08 PM
Ron B loving reading your comments, thumbs up from me, saying what were all feeling, we are all a bunch of muppets, looking forward to this thread continuing

:thumbsup:

Ron Burgundy
14-12-2013, 07:33 AM

This type of comment
"

"

Is not required! :p

If you go back to previous threads, this was aimed at the supporters on oOple who blindly jump in and bash whoever has a problem with their conduct in regard to their loyal customers.

Seriously, go find the thread and have a good read.

RebelRC is one of them at whom my post was aimed. I copped it from him/her/it and as a result, i find it amusing that people like that have been, once again, made to look stupid. What i am NOT amused at however, is possibly others affected by such poor attitudes to fellow hobbyists, racers, human beings.

Im interested to know what this "bigger picture"? They made their bed, they can lie in it. In no way is the customer at fault.

Rebelrc
14-12-2013, 08:49 AM
hi
just had two of my three items delivered one put on back order, needless to say they took MY MONEY for the three, I two have called them and got the number out if service BT answer message, guess that means the have gone out of business.

if they are moving how come nothing said on here, this is the communication age do they know this, email, text, phone, Internet.

For three parts ordered on the 28 November to getting two on the 6 December that's what I call poor and being charged almost £3.00 for p+p.

I am so glad I did not buy one of their cars

Hi Maybe TX have had enough of posts like the above harming their progress
You waited 1week for some bits?
Yes not ideal
But sometimes happens
As for the back order part this has happened to me many times over the years when ordering from many major hobby shops ( yes money taken then part has arrived later) in fact I can think of a very large uk shop that does this all of the time , you place the order then they place their order , get it and send to customer. And that's not taking into TX's having to make the part.
But because of this quite normal situation
It seem like tx only sell items to part time company business experts lol
They all know better lol
Carb do you really think that every tiny part you order from anywhere, there is a man firing up a machine to pump out say one spur gear?
I'm not bashing you Carb
Just trying get a measure of you.
And I just think Rons constant input doesn't do anybody any favours

Ron Burgundy
14-12-2013, 08:54 AM
Mate you just dont get it, as i have stated to you many times before..

So many people are saying the same thing.

Waiting is fine, IF YOU KNOW ABOUT IT. The problem is communication.

Im not the one making these threads, im not the only person who feels it is wrong. Yet i get singled out by you. You actually blame the customer in your above comment. In the first line. You must be kidding.

fidspeed
14-12-2013, 09:07 AM
have been watching vega stuff for a while ( I ran preds in the very early days (William mitcham kev moore Richmond rogers era ) when owned by Richard weatherley

I nearly plumped for 201 vega or b4 vega recently but just daren't because I don't know whats going on with spares availability

if they have ceased trading its a shame if they haven't please let us know so we can make a decision either way

at the moment I just don't know

is it too much for a reply from team extreme

fidspeed

Rebelrc
14-12-2013, 09:50 AM
Ron
My first line of my post isn't blaming anything!
The way you portray Vega in your all too frequent posts is very misguiding
Almost perverse!
There are many many many vega cars out there and you make it out like they all have been ripped off and deceived
You make out that nothing good has come out of that factory
And your comments regarding this recent lack of communication from TX are disgusting
I'm not sure what rumours you are basing your factual posts upon
But nails in coffins etc ,really poor taste

Overpriced! Comments just make you look silly

Ron Burgundy
14-12-2013, 10:09 AM
You obviously cannot read what you post then.

Nor what others post.

If you go back to previous posts in the other thread you had a go at me for, wait for it, shockingly "expecting a service that people pay a business for", i did say how great vega kits are, how amazingly beautiful the workmanship is and the quality is second to none.

Go back and read it you goose. At least if you are going to write something, have the balls to back up what you say. One particular comment of mine was a little harsh i agree. But please, if you choose to feign intelligence, at least have something intelligent to say and back up your claims about what people did or did not say.

Ron Burgundy
14-12-2013, 10:33 AM
This is no longer about TX or anything else, its become about you and your portrayal of me and attitude to others who are having a legitimate problem and have no other choice but to put it on here.

So on that note, enjoy your blind ingorance you silly. little. man. :)

Rebelrc
14-12-2013, 11:27 AM
Ron you Cock ( as we are now calling each other bird names apparently )
It's posts like these that no one needs
But are funny though

Dyna
14-12-2013, 12:08 PM
Rebel, we know you always defend TX as you are related to them i believe ? Nothing wrong about that at all. In fact, admirable tbh. And you make some valid points about acceptable delivery times, back orders etc etc. But you really do rise to Ron's bait too easily.... :lol:

Stupid thing is, one thing we all agree on are that the products - the Vega's & Predator's - are top-notch. I cant remember when i saw a thread about negative quality of the products. Doubt there has been one tbh. Pretty much everyone who posts in these threads either runs them or wants to run them as well. I do, and will do until i cant get spares anymore.

The single, important thing here is that nearly all the threads, including this one, about Team Xtreme and delivery problems in general all boils down to one, simple problem.

Reliable, informative & thruthful..... communication. Or lack of.

The products are great. The brand is great. Im sure they, as people, are great. But the communication isnt, and hasnt every really been. If they wouldve had that, or get it from now, you would never have threads like these about TE. In that respect, Ron is dead right. End-of as far as im concerned.

On that note ( slight hijack ), im strugling to find a replacement X11 chassis for my cracked one. If anyone has a spare X11 chassis - stick or saddle, new or good s/h - or even a complete X11 for sale, please PM me... cash waiting :)

xfactor
14-12-2013, 01:14 PM
GEEE !!!! When I started this thread I just wanted to know if TX had changed there number, so I could order some bits as I had been trying to ring with no reply. Ive run vega since Gen 1 and they changed address and number only last year.

It was in no mean to slag or start and slagging match between fellow ooplers.

I do find it strange that nobody has been on this thread from TX to explain but this may be due to personal reasons ( I dont know this is just guessing).

So the thread started by me was to see if the number had changed 4/5 weeks ago and really still dont know if it has.

James
14-12-2013, 02:03 PM
Facts and opinions in good taste are fine and generally oOple is a pretty liberable place. You're all completely entitled to free speech but if this thread continues as a slanging match I'll lock it, I've edited and toned down a few comments.

franki
15-12-2013, 10:18 AM
I just wish we could find out one way or the other so this can all be put to bed

DCM
15-12-2013, 10:27 AM
Easiest thing, if someone is local to them, pop along!!

franki
17-12-2013, 01:52 PM
Yes i guess that would be a simple way

RDG 40
18-12-2013, 12:54 PM
There must be some action i received a replacement part today in the post

Hopefully a good sign for TX

absolute alignment
18-12-2013, 03:50 PM

That's good news, I'm happy to keep supporting small British firms when ever I can. I got a body shell from them recently also. As 1 of the 2 people who run a vega 22 I have to keep the faith.

Rebelrc
18-12-2013, 08:35 PM
I also use a vega 22;)

danielc3009
18-12-2013, 10:14 PM

My order also arrived today after 11 days despite them not replying to my emails or pms. Every time I've dealt with them since buying a predator 6 months ago they're been ok. All my orders have arrived within two working days. When I emailed them about a missing part in my kit it turned up the next day! But they're always been slow to reply to my emails. Hopefully they'll keep going as I think the predators a brilliant buggy despite what most people say about it

racingdwarf
18-12-2013, 10:21 PM
Xtreme customer care! treat em mean,keep em keen:lol:

Dyna
19-12-2013, 10:49 AM
Fair play, had a e-mail reply about the replacement x11 chassis i wanted yesterday. :)

Yanana sent an e-mail apologising for the delay in getting back to me, saying all the parts i require are in stock, and with Special Delivery will be with me next day.

So ive ordered & payed this morning, should in theory be with me say.... Monday at latest, as its Xmas post. Fingers crossed !

DCM
19-12-2013, 05:09 PM
If it isn't with you by 1pm Matt, then claim your shipping back as Special Delivery is guaranteed by 1pm next working day, careless of the time of year.... as long as it is posted by 3pm.......

CARB
19-12-2013, 09:49 PM
STILL WAITING FOR MY THIRD DEX210 REAR TOP MOUNTING PLATE MUST BE AT LEAST SIX WEEKS SINCE THEY TOOK MY MONEY

STILL NOT ANSWERING MY EMAILS EITHER

grimidol
20-12-2013, 06:30 AM
Small company giving a better product that most big companys.

DCM
20-12-2013, 07:03 AM
Small company giving a better product that most big companys.

Not much point if they don't acutally sell/post the items though.

racingdwarf
20-12-2013, 08:50 AM
talking to someone last night who had had parts on order for 2 to 3 weeks, they arrived this week with an apology about moving premiss,good news for all pred owners and anyone like me running vega:thumbsup:

But I can't work out why you wouldn't put a bit on your website front page before you move:confused: 10min writing one paragraph against replying to poss 30 irate Emails makes no sence what so ever to me, again:confused::confused:

xfactor
20-12-2013, 10:16 AM
Thats GREAT !!!!!!!! News, ive emailed Xtreme so fingers crossed i get a reply.:thumbsup:

adey
20-12-2013, 11:14 AM
But I can't work out why you wouldn't put a bit on your website front page before you move:confused: 10min writing one paragraph against replying to poss 30 irate Emails makes no sence what so ever to me, again:confused::confused:

Your right, it makes no sense and its certainly not how you keep customers happy. How about an answer on this from them as to why they didn't do this. !

Dyna
20-12-2013, 12:46 PM
Well, i got my bits !

Wednesday i had a nice e-mail from them apoplogising for not getting in contact with me before about the parts i wanted for the X11, but said that they were in stock and if i paid for Special Delivery would be next day.

I ordered the parts first thing Thursday ( yesterday ) morning, had an e-mail off Yanina yesterday evening with a tracking number ( i paid the extra for Special Delivery ), and first thing this morning all the X11 parts i ordered were on my doorstep.

Thats how it should be done :thumbsup:

If they have been moving premisis it might be a while until they get sorted again, so i would say a quick e-mail to them before you put in a order just to check the part is definitely in stock would be the best bet.

xfactor
24-12-2013, 10:12 AM
Hi all, i emailed Yanina at TX for a Vega conversion on Sunday night,I had numerous replies back, it came in the post today. 2 days from order.

:thumbsup:

MikePimlott
20-01-2014, 09:10 AM
Seems they are at it again :thumbdown:

A gen3 shell was ordered new years day and still nothing. Money has been taken but no communication can be established.

These sorts of businesses should be reported to trading standards.

tinnylad
20-01-2014, 09:39 AM
I ordered a gen3 shell at Christmas, on the 6th January I sent an email asking when it would arrive which was replied to on the 17th January saying they would look into it. Almost a month and still no shell isn't really on. I can order something after work one day and it arrive the next morning elsewhere.

Ross
20-01-2014, 09:52 AM
I emailed last week asking if they had the 2 in stock they show and they said no. They also won't be doing any at the moment as they are moving !!!.

Anyway any one wanting one then "xfactor" on here has one :)

xfactor
20-01-2014, 07:17 PM
Hi guys,

I know this isnt the for sale section, but if it helps I have 2 brand new gen3 shells one pre cut the other not.

If you need them pm me. I havent put them in for sale but like I said if it helps pm me.