PDA

View Full Version : Naza - Manual Dual Rates and Expo

neallewis
18-11-2013, 12:22 AM
I've been flying in manual today with my Naza. Actually started to like how it flew, but wondered if some expo and dual rate would really help me tame the beast.
I had previously flown on 100% dual rate, which is mental. Today I chanced it and set my Ele, Ail and Rud DR switch to 60%. This made the manual mode flight a bit more controllable and basically stopped getting inverted in a second, with an over excited thumb.

My question is therefore, what sort of DR and maybe expo should I be trying ti try and get a better flight control and experience in manual?

neallewis
19-11-2013, 01:29 AM
Well I've gone with 50% dual rate and +30 expo on the DR switches for Ele and ail. I can only give it a go and see.

andys
19-11-2013, 12:11 PM
Neal.

I'm no expert - but since getting into copters I have had the Dual rates set up. So as standard they are set at around 20% expo, then when I switch they are around 40-50%.

I found with the KK2 1.6++ that you need that 'smoothing' of the initial stick movement when flying in manual otherwise it's curtains!

Col
19-11-2013, 08:44 PM
I found with the KK2 1.6++ that you need that 'smoothing' of the initial stick movement when flying in manual otherwise it's curtains!

Very true... All of mine run around 50-60% expo to tame them abit, otherwise they simply flip into the ground at every opportunity!