PDA

View Full Version : Team C durable?

dMITIj
09-12-2013, 11:08 AM
Hello all.

i were looking at the new TM4 an think it looks the "bomb" so would like to know
How dos the Team C plastic/molded/Suspention Arm's and so on parts hold up, are they as good as the xray/Yokomo stuff ore?

Best Regards.

hotrodchris
09-12-2013, 11:39 AM
I ahve recently started running a TM2 and have crashed a few times with no issues with any of the plastics.:thumbsup:

brooksy
09-12-2013, 12:36 PM
I've been running my tm2 for about four months now and I'd say its as solid as rango,kyosho,Xray,yok cars.

Legacy555
09-12-2013, 01:48 PM
I've been running my tm2 for about four months now and I'd say its as solid as rango,kyosho,Xray,yok cars.

:thumbsup: Had some big wipeouts with mine - no issues. Buy with confidence

Dave Dodd
09-12-2013, 01:53 PM
+1 Durability. :D

deano43
09-12-2013, 04:08 PM
I have broken a wishbone at low speed just clipped a track marker and it broke where the pivot pin goes through but I have had some real hum dingers and it just bounced off and was untouched but on the whole there are as strong as anything out there and the quality of the plastics are very good. I don't know anyone who has brought a tm2 who has been disappointed most people seem to improve their laps times with one.

charlesk
09-12-2013, 04:44 PM
I've been using mine for a couple of months now, and can vouch for how strong it is. Has done well in my clumsy hands.

brooksy
09-12-2013, 05:21 PM
I don't know anyone who has bought a tm2 who has been disappointed. Most people seem to improve their laps times with one.

I can vouch for that,my first ever run with mine and I made the B final at a Mid East regional.
Car is excellent:thumbsup:

I'm even thinking of getting a tc02 Evo for the oople race next year:D

Adam F
09-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Never heard of any problems with them... They are as durable as any other brand and I don't know of any "weak spots" on the cars..

Just follow the team tips post and you won't go wrong... :thumbsup:

Lee24h
09-12-2013, 09:17 PM
as good as any other can if you hit stuff hard enough its going to break everything as far as hubs and wishbones are designed with a safety factor if thats exceeded things will break
its better for plastic bits to break than fancy ally bits

ianjoyner
09-12-2013, 09:36 PM
I've found it very durable from normal impacts.

ben44
10-12-2013, 10:54 AM
I drive my Tm2 every week this out any problem.
I've broke on one year front arms with a very big crach with an another car in front.
My T4 have take the track just 20 times with out problem.

I'm very happy with the quality of the car. After one year my TM2 have a little play so i sold here for a new one, and like you i will take a TM4

200sx
10-12-2013, 07:53 PM
I've owned a TC02c in the past and my brother still runs his TP02c.

Weak points are:

Front and rear shock towers.
Front and rear wishbones.
Front castle block.
Front arm holder.
Shock shafts.
Front and rear hubs.

I now run a Yokomo Bmax2 and the build quality is stunning. So far, in 4 months of racing, not a single thing has broken, a seriously strong buggy.

brooksy
10-12-2013, 10:27 PM

Weak points are:

Front castle block.
Front arm holder.
Shock shafts.
Front and rear hubs.

I now run a Yokomo Bmax2 and the build quality is stunning. So far, in 4 months of racing, not a single thing has broken, a seriously strong buggy.

You need to crash less mate:p:p:p

200sx
10-12-2013, 10:31 PM
In all fairness it tended to be other cars driving into mine (usually back markers) that caused the breakages :D

Adam F
10-12-2013, 11:34 PM

Weak points are:

Front castle block.
Front arm holder.
Shock shafts.
Front and rear hubs.

So that's pretty much the entire front and rear suspension then? :thumbsup:

Perhaps it would be quicker to list the bits that aren't "weak points" :D

john333
10-12-2013, 11:53 PM
Here's a list of team c weak parts...

There you go.....:p

Pretty much the only thing I've ever broken is a rear wishbone when a yokomo drove flat out into me when I was lined up on the straight ready to start the heat and he decided to have another practice lap. Oddly enough the driver of the yokomo was.......^^ lol

200sx
11-12-2013, 08:06 AM
You've got me there John :blush: I was asking for that.

I can only comment on my experiences with team c.

Legacy555
11-12-2013, 08:33 AM
I'm even thinking of getting a tc02 Evo for the oople race next year:D

T2 Evo is one of the nicest cars I've ever built bar none.
Haven't run it yet though - but I'm confident it will be good.
Recommended!

AmiSMB
11-12-2013, 09:52 AM
I ahve recently started running a TM2 and have crashed a few times with no issues with any of the plastics.:thumbsup:

At least I will have a source of spares then! :p